@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Still waiting on a shipping notice for Croixleur Sigma and Sky  Force..... now the Fallen Legion and the shooting today fairly easily
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ParanoiaDragon

I picked up Super Hydorah & Fallen Legion(Vita).  I just barely missed out on the regular edition of Super Hydorah, really just wanted the game, but, there were still some special editions left, so, I caved & grabbed one of those.  I originally was going to try to get all 3 games, till I realised only Fallen Legion was on Vita.  The other game looked like it might be interesting....but not enough for me to want to add it to my PS4 library. I only have so much space & $ anyways, so, oh well.

Just noticed I got my shipping notice for Sky Force & Croixleur Sigma!
IMG

bartre

PD, you're not missing out.

Lethal League is fun and all, but it's really only good when you have people playing with you.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking.  If it was on Vita, I'd be more tempted, something to play on the go, otherwise I might pick it up digitally when on a flash sale.
IMG

schweaty

it exists Sky Force [PS4]

IMG

shouldve been here on friday, but that whole ups to usps transfer bowesheit always adds a day or two to the delivery time

nectarsis

finally got my shipping notice today but of course that just means the labels printed it probably won't get to UPS until Thursday Friday LOL

NecroPhile

Sky Force arrived yesterday.  Anyone know if it does local multiplayer on PSTV or is that only for two Vitas?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

I picked up 2 copies of sky force and actually giving 1 away on the channel incase any one is interested :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/14/2018, 11:48 AMI picked up 2 copies of sky force and actually giving 1 away on the channel incase any one is interested :)
Well I had to enter that contest as I missed out on this shooter. And lie you said if it's a shooter I had to have it.

Unfamiliar with your Chanel so I'll have to look through it a bit.

Seeing how you appear to be a shooter fan.

Thoughts on layer section, deathsmiles, and Ikaruga?

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/14/2018, 02:25 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/14/2018, 11:48 AMI picked up 2 copies of sky force and actually giving 1 away on the channel incase any one is interested :)
Well I had to enter that contest as I missed out on this shooter. And lie you said if it's a shooter I had to have it.

Unfamiliar with your Chanel so I'll have to look through it a bit.

Seeing how you appear to be a shooter fan.

Thoughts on layer section, deathsmiles, and Ikaruga?
Appreciate you checking out channel. I definitely do enjoy me some shmups. Just a lot of fun to play with plenty of action and kickass music to get you in the mood to shoot down some enemies!

Layer section is awesome, great visuals, i like how you have the lock on cursor which destroys enemies that are in the background but it sucks that there are no bombs

Death smiles is interesting since you play as lost children and it does have a Halloween theme to it but it is a unique shooter forsure

Ikaruga is a classic. Really like the moving background and the fact that you can change your ship color from white to black and can absord enemy bullet depending on what color the bullets are, very interesting feature.

schweaty

Ordered momodara 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a damn thing.  Shit's getting real old

NecroPhile

Are any of their games actually in stock nowadays or are they all "in manufacturing / will ship in two weeks to eight months"?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

schweaty

They need to change their name to Limited Pre-order Games

Flare65

Quote from: schweaty on 04/19/2018, 06:18 PMThey need to change their name to Limited Pre-order Games
Lol!!  Ain't that the truth!

cr8zykuban0

Was able to pick up a copy of skull girls from them since they did a second run if that game so im stoked to try it out!

gheebee

Pre-ordered Mercenary Kings and Flinthook for Switch from them the other day. Really wish I had known about that now sold out Thimbleweed Park pre-order when it was live though!

Flare65

Quote from: gheebee on 04/25/2018, 11:46 AMPre-ordered Mercenary Kings and Flinthook for Switch from them the other day. Really wish I had known about that now sold out Thimbleweed Park pre-order when it was live though!
I'm on the fence with these two.  They look like fun games, but they also look like something I can get for $4.99 on Steam.  Dunno if they are worth 30 each plush shipping.

gheebee

Quote from: Flare65 on 04/26/2018, 09:16 AMI'm on the fence with these two.  They look like fun games, but they also look like something I can get for $4.99 on Steam.  Dunno if they are worth 30 each plush shipping.
I almost just went with just Mercenary Kings but then figured what the hell as I was putting it in my cart. You're right though, Mercenary Kings is $20 on Steam and Flinthook is $15 and I'm sure they'll go on sale at some point for even less. I kind of insist on physical releases though so as long as they're decent I figure they'll be worth having.

Flare65

I decided to skip these.  My gut tells me that I won't have any trouble finding them on ebay or a gaming convention down the line if I decide to change my mind.  These are definitely not triple A+ rated games  Ebay is chock full of past LRG releases at or near the prices they were originally sold for.

gheebee

Quote from: Flare65 on 04/30/2018, 09:01 AMEbay is chock full of past LRG releases at or near the prices they were originally sold for.
You got my hopes up for Thimbleweed Park but sadly this is not one of those games!

Flare65

Quote from: gheebee on 04/30/2018, 11:29 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 04/30/2018, 09:01 AMEbay is chock full of past LRG releases at or near the prices they were originally sold for.
You got my hopes up for Thimbleweed Park but sadly this is not one of those games!
Give it time.

The next LRG release for Vita this Friday looks like another shovel ware port.  Skipping that one as well.

xcrement5x

Did anyone else get Cosmic Star Heroine last Friday?

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 05/28/2018, 10:03 PMDid anyone else get Cosmic Star Heroine last Friday?
I got the CE 2nd round Friday evening, regular edition was still for sale Sat.

GaijinD

Quote from: guest on 05/28/2018, 10:03 PMDid anyone else get Cosmic Star Heroine last Friday?
I ordered the regular edition, since it's open pre-order and only $30. I've never bought anything from them before, so this should be interesting.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

ParanoiaDragon

I got the CE Vita edition on round 1 along with Antiquia Lost.
IMG

exodus

So before everyone comes in here to say how terrible the new Limited Run release is... it's mine!!! Ha ha. Now you may say it's terrible.

We're releasing Gunhouse through Limited Run with:
- two covers (one for each sku), each of which is reversible and references a different odd thing.
- 20 page manual. each features a different cover as well as different comics and illustrations inside.
- a 2" (I think) pin
- 8 trading cards
- a cassette ost from composer disasterpeace

I don't know if they're going to do a bundle for all the stuff, but it was pretty interesting putting it all together!!

[edit]: see the covers here!

Mathius

Congrats for making it to LGR!  :)

exodus

nectarsis

Quote from: exodus on 08/14/2018, 10:54 PMSo before everyone comes in here to say how terrible the new Limited Run release is... it's mine!!! Ha ha. Now you may say it's terrible.

- two covers (one for each sku), each of which is reversible and references a different odd thing.
- 20 page manual. each features a different cover as well as different comics and illustrations inside.
- a 2" (I think) pin
- 8 trading cards

I don't know if they're going to do a bundle for all the stuff, but it was pretty interesting putting it all together!!

liked retweeted blah blah blah, trying to spread the word ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: exodus on 08/14/2018, 10:54 PMSo before everyone comes in here to say how terrible the new Limited Run release is... it's mine!!! Ha ha. Now you may say it's terrible.

- a 2" (I think) pin
- 8 trading cards

Congrats Brandon! I never followed how you transitioned to producing videogames (when? how? sup?) since remembering you from when you used to plug my Xak III fan localization project (circa 2002-2004) and maybe others (Ys IV) at insertcredit.com, but yeah, good to hear success stories of passionate fans going pro! :)

I'll give ya a retweet too, owe ya some. ;)

exodus

Basically I started writing stories for games in 2005, then quit my job and started a small company in 2012. that's pretty much it!

SignOfZeta

IMG

xcrement5x

I will pick up a copy too, cool news!

exodus

thanks!! I hope people enjoy all the extras we put in there...

Gypsy

Exodus do you think a physical Switch copy will happen through LRG? I'm converting pretty hard to Switch. God I love Nintendo. The Wii U almost made me forget.

exodus

Not through Limited Run, but we're definitely keeping options on the table there... we're gonna try to eventually do a physical switch version, but there's nothing set in stone yet. Our first option was a "X-in-1" indie game collection we'd be a part of, but that's a little less exciting to the collector. Our 2nd option is a new company looking to package physical switch games with vinyl soundtracks. I'm still into that idea, but I think they're waiting to see how our LRG sale pans out. I talked to LRG about Switch too, but they're also waiting to see how this PS4/Vita sale works.

So now you've got all the info I have :P

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/28/2018, 09:53 AMExodus do you think a physical Switch copy will happen through LRG? I'm converting pretty hard to Switch. God I love Nintendo. The Wii U almost made me forget.
I happen to agree at the moment because I happen to be playing through Metroid Fusion on a GBA SP (Mk1) and it's hard not to notice how great it all is. Like my original rechargeable battery still giving hours of play after FIFTEEN YEARS of use/neglect. No loading, no tutorial, no logging in, no obvious bugs despite no updates, and it's far too short to ever get bored of. I need more shit like that.
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: exodus on 08/30/2018, 12:07 PMNot through Limited Run, but we're definitely keeping options on the table there... we're gonna try to eventually do a physical switch version, but there's nothing set in stone yet. Our first option was a "X-in-1" indie game collection we'd be a part of, but that's a little less exciting to the collector. Our 2nd option is a new company looking to package physical switch games with vinyl soundtracks. I'm still into that idea, but I think they're waiting to see how our LRG sale pans out. I talked to LRG about Switch too, but they're also waiting to see how this PS4/Vita sale works.

So now you've got all the info I have :P
Thanks. Unfortunately last I saw LRG still had stock. I don't think it's indicative of the quality of the game though, but people burning out on LRG.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/30/2018, 03:02 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 08/28/2018, 09:53 AMExodus do you think a physical Switch copy will happen through LRG? I'm converting pretty hard to Switch. God I love Nintendo. The Wii U almost made me forget.
I happen to agree at the moment because I happen to be playing through Metroid Fusion on a GBA SP (Mk1) and it's hard not to notice how great it all is. Like my original rechargeable battery still giving hours of play after FIFTEEN YEARS of use/neglect. No loading, no tutorial, no logging in, no obvious bugs despite no updates, and it's far too short to ever get bored of. I need more shit like that.
I made that Wii U comment but Mario 3D World and New Mario Bros U are actually two of my top mainline Mario games ever. Both are freaking great. Other than that and a few other titles that are mostly on Switch now the Wii U was a bomb.

Metroid Fusion is a great game no doubt about it.