RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Custom paint job [PC Engine Duo-R]

Started by Vimtoman, 05/21/2018, 06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vimtoman

TheClash603

I have seen some really amazing NES and SNES custom jobs.  For some reason this trend hasn't carried over to the TG16...  including here.  It isn't terrible, but the visible white areas and non-uniform sparkles rub me the wrong way.  This does make me want to see a real quality paint job though.

xcrement5x

Glossy Duo lives again!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Vimtoman

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/21/2018, 07:46 AMI have seen some really amazing NES and SNES custom jobs.  For some reason this trend hasn't carried over to the TG16...  including here.  It isn't terrible, but the visible white areas and non-uniform sparkles rub me the wrong way.  This does make me want to see a real quality paint job though.
Probably the photo's.

pixeljunkie

I hold the PCE in higher regard than NES/SNES/Gen - so while I can tolerate custom paint jobs on those consoles, I see the PCE family as flawless and in no way something that should be painted.

ClodBusted

I despise painted consoles. On any moving parts, hinges, cart slots, connector receptacles, etc. the paint will flake off and make the device look pretty ugly in no time.

Flare65

I like it.  Someone put a lot of love into it.

majors

Quote from: pixeljunkie on 05/21/2018, 04:40 PMI hold the PCE in higher regard than NES/SNES/Gen...
Since the TG is kinda fugly, it's okay to hack away at them. Like Josh's Legendary Axe custom job.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NightWolve

I hereby christen these "Ninja Duos..."  A regular Turbo Duo is boring, plain, so why only go "turbo" when you can go "ninja" ?? The "Ninja Duo" ladies and gentlemen, let's duo this!!!  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18082.0

In all honesty, when you compare this one to the hack job Ninja16608 did, it's not bad; respectable work was put into it versus just slapping gloss on it and fabricating a "mysterious" creation story about it being for official store display purposes once upon a time, etc. But yeah, I kinda like this latest Ninja Duo aesthetically! ;)

IMG