@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Donald Trump Thread aka End of Days

Started by Otaking, 03/02/2016, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

Quote from: elmer on 10/26/2016, 11:23 AMMichael Moore in TrumpLand (2016)
Sounds interesting but the link doesn't work for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

elmer

Quote from: Otaking on 10/26/2016, 12:21 PM
Wow, that didn't last long! Looks like it's down for copyright infringement.

Glad I got the chance to watch it, but it's a bit more of a one-man-show, and not-as-funny-as-he-thinks, advert for Hilary, rather than a serious/humorous look at why some folks believe in The Donald (that I was hoping for).

Some good points in there, though.

jlued686

13 days until the next phase of this unending fiasco begins.

geise

I'm doing early voting this weekend to get it all over with.

blueraven

I was gonna vote to legalize weed but I'm having an Aleppo moment.

Otaking

Quote from: elmer on 10/26/2016, 12:54 PM

Glad I got the chance to watch it, but it's a bit more of a one-man-show, and not-as-funny-as-he-thinks, advert for Hilary, rather than a serious/humorous look at why some folks believe in The Donald (that I was hoping for).

Seen more people talking about this Michael Moore film, I really want to check it out now, anyone know where I might be able to watch it?? other people seem to be but not revealing where they're watching it.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

crazydean

Quote from: Otaking on 10/31/2016, 08:05 AM
Quote from: elmer on 10/26/2016, 12:54 PM

Seen more people talking about this Michael Moore film, I really want to check it out now, anyone know where I might be able to watch it?? other people seem to be but not revealing where they're watching it.
Michael Moore is such a joke. He makes these documentary-style movies that are simply his skew of the truth and no-one else's. Spend 5 minutes fact-checking, instead. It will be a better use of your time.

geise

Did early voting this weekend.  Glad I got all this shit done and overwith.  I really want it all to just end.

jlued686

I'm not convinced it's going to end on November 8th.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2016, 09:55 AMI'm not convinced it's going to end on November 8th.
Especially with Wikileaks claiming to be releasing more Billary e-mails. http://www.inquisitr.com/3663365/wikileaks-releases-more-emails-announces-roll-out-of-phase-three-of-election-coverage-vows-clinton-arrest-video/

elmer

Quote from: crazydean on 10/31/2016, 08:40 AM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/31/2016, 08:05 AMSeen more people talking about this Michael Moore film, I really want to check it out now, anyone know where I might be able to watch it?? other people seem to be but not revealing where they're watching it.
Michael Moore is such a joke. He makes these documentary-style movies that are simply his skew of the truth and no-one else's. Spend 5 minutes fact-checking, instead. It will be a better use of your time.
Errr ... this one isn't a "documentary", or presented as such.

It's very-clearly presented in the format of a "one man show".

He's very, very careful not to say *anything* negative about Donald Trump.

He has an opinion, and he presents it, so "yes", it definitely is "his skew of the truth".

Doesn't he have the right to present that in this world of biased-opinion-presented-as-news that you see from the talking-heads on MSNBC and Fox News, or hear on the partisan radio channels?

It's fairly-interestingly presented, and some of his perspectives were new (to me).

You don't have to agree with him in order to watch it, but you might find *something* in the show that makes you think.

Also, from my POV, this election cycle is totally about "opinion" and not about "facts".

There are plenty of "facts" that seem to make either candidate a poor choice for POTUS.

The "opinion" comes in when you weigh the relative-importance (to you) of all of those "facts" in order to come up with a candidate to either vote for, or vote against.

Otaking

Nearly all political discussion I watch or read (news articles, documentaries etc..) isn't inline with my personal political views, but it's still fascinating to watch and hear others view points, differing political view points leads to debate, which is the foundation of good healthy politics.

esteban

Wait, this is still a thing? I thought this reality TV show had been cancelled.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

esteban

Otaking

esteban

NightWolve

Retro MJM

I don't care who votes for who, but one thing that does kinda tick me off are unfaithful electors who refuse to vote for whoever the majority voted for; they are hand-picked elites by a state that votes for the state winner, no matter the party-affiliation. Or at least that's how it should be.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d3a1c10593c44da58bb611ef09101214/washington-state-elector-says-he-wont-vote-clinton

This only enables America to be an anarchy than democracy. How would Trump supporters feel if George Soros bought off a few electors in Texas to pick Hillary instead of going with their duties to represent the majority vote? I think they would be incredibly annoyed the electorates failed them and invalidated their votes.

crazydean

Quote from: Retro MJM on 11/07/2016, 10:00 AMI don't care who votes for who, but one thing that does kinda tick me off are unfaithful electors who refuse to vote for whoever the majority voted for; they are hand-picked elites by a state that votes for the state winner, no matter the party-affiliation. Or at least that's how it should be.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d3a1c10593c44da58bb611ef09101214/washington-state-elector-says-he-wont-vote-clinton

This only enables America to be an anarchy than democracy. How would Trump supporters feel if George Soros bought off a few electors in Texas to pick Hillary instead of going with their duties to represent the majority vote? I think they would be incredibly annoyed the electorates failed them and invalidated their votes.
I agree with what you are saying, but the whole point of the EC is to vote how they think will best benefit their state. It's not their job to represent their popular vote. The electoral college needs to be wiped out all-together.

NecroPhile

That asshole should be removed as an elector.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

So...day of reckoning is manana, place your bets, who will be the next president, Clinton or Trump ? Who would you put money on and how much ? (Me, I'm not confident either way to put money on it...)

esteban

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

Music has been cancelled. Thanks America.

You may, or may not, find success finding music in Canada.

blueraven

esteban You are certainly the master of tangents. :D I never listened to the Psychedelic Furs. I will give them a chance tomorrow at work on your recommendation though.

That said Nightwolve... the only thing I would bet a six-pack of craft beer on, or a copy of Keith Courage (if you don't drink. Yes... I'm afraid it has come to KC. Two years ago it would have been PCE Art of Fighting :-k) is that California will legalize weed... and as I'm posting this a few minutes before 4:30AM MT, Gary Johnson is probably doing a bong hit right now.

TheClash603

jperryss

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: blueraven on 11/08/2016, 06:34 AMesteban You are certainly the master of tangents. :D I never listened to the Psychedelic Furs. I will give them a chance tomorrow at work on your recommendation though.

That said Nightwolve... the only thing I would bet a six-pack of craft beer on, or a copy of Keith Courage (if you don't drink. Yes... I'm afraid it has come to KC. Two years ago it would have been PCE Art of Fighting :-k) is that California will legalize weed... and as I'm posting this a few minutes before 4:30AM MT, Gary Johnson is probably doing a bong hit right now.
Remember that CA failed to pass that vote just 5 years ago. I knew a lot of very pro-weed people who opposed the law because it was a bad law. They hoped something better would come along. It's a real possibility still (that said, I didn't look at the law myself because I'm no longer living in California).

xcrement5x

I guess I should vote today eh?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

geise

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/07/2016, 11:57 PMSo...day of reckoning is manana, place your bets, who will be the next president, Clinton or Trump ? Who would you put money on and how much ? (Me, I'm not confident either way to put money on it...)
Either way you vote it's...

esteban

Hahahahhahhahha.

Why am I watching all this election crap on TV and hitting "refresh" on my browser?

I should be doing something more worthwhile with my time.

Jeezus.

Otaking

Been watching here in the UK, got too late now (2am) so gonna see the results tomorrow.

esteban

Quote from: Otaking on 11/08/2016, 08:55 PMBeen watching here in the UK, got too late now (2am) so gonna see the results tomorrow.
America is the world's buffoon.

Please don't have any nightmares.

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 11/08/2016, 08:50 PMHahahahhahhahha.

Why am I watching all this election crap on TV and hitting "refresh" on my browser?

I should be doing something more worthwhile with my time.

Jeezus.
This does all the work?

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president

Gypsy

Thread name seems extra appropriate right now.

NightWolve

Man, what a let down, a prematurely broken campaign promise on Madonna's part... :(

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/madonna-withdraws-oral-sex-promise-hillary-voters-article-1.2864602

In other news, woah, Trump has a serious shot, Ohio is won, and Florida is close with him in the lead and 9X% of votes counted - NO republican can win without these 2 battleground states!!! Whatever happens, there was no predicted landslide loss one way or another...

Friggin' Gary Johnson though, took 2% of the Florida vote... who did he draw that away from ? The guy really is more of a democrat without the corruption, but the brand of the libertarian party usually takes more votes away from republicans... :/

BigusSchmuck

TurboXray

Lol! Trump won. I'm calling it..

Gypsy

THE END IS NIGH. KNEEL AND REPENT BEFORE CTHULHU.

Gypsy

N'gha ng n'ghft.

Bloufo

Just shows... Never trust in the intelligence of humans.

TurboXray

Quote from: Bloufo on 11/09/2016, 12:14 AMJust shows... Never trust in the intelligence of humans.
Emotions always trump logic (no pun intended), in the end. So I would say, never underestimate the emotional state of a group of people; in this respect - angry rural America. Trump tapped into that. Clinton couldn't tap enough emotion into her surrounding base (near outliers).

On the other interesting side; the classic republican base is actually shrinking (rural America is shrinking), and the democrat base is projected to keep on growing. There's a whole younger generation of democrats that will be moving into that voting demographic (30's I think). In the long run, if the republicans don't change their party (image, etc) to attract more of these democrat leaning outliers, they'll be in for one hell of a fight in the coming next generations.

Medic_wheat

I simply can't believe Truno is in the lead and looks to have won.

Bloufo

My question : Our own Trevor Noah had some pretty nasty remarks in regards with The Donald in virtually every show the past couple of months. Deport incoming ? :lol:

But then I guess most of mainstream media had fun making fun of Trump.

Medic_wheat

Well going to bed. Trump just needs 6 more electoral votes to win and he appear to be ending with a possible 306.

Night.

esteban

UPDATE: Music has been cancelled in America. Please check back in four years.

TR0N

Well were screwed i bet this will be trump theme now he's the president  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Ted Dibiase should run next time.

Bloufo

Found this:

/rm4unl.jpg

I wouldn't put it past him that he actually said that. But then again this is the age where assigning quotes to a pic, seems to be in vogue.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bloufo

Don't you think Trump is like the idiot WWE wrestler shouting at the crowd and giving them the finger. The crowd know it is all fake but love it regardless because it is different to what Clinton brings, which is a promise of more of the same whilst she's a wolf in sheep's clothing?

And besides,

Nothing fake about this!

/zxwort.jpg