Weird eBay anomoly messes up sold item price...

Started by LostFlunky, 09/06/2015, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostFlunky

Check out this auction search:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=SONY%20MEMORY%20STICK%20MICRO%20M2%208GB%20%28F700%29%20PSP-1000-2000-3000%20PSP%20GO-PSP-N1000&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Notice that it shows a BIN sold price of $399.99?  If you click through to the listing, it shows that the price was $399.99, and that 3 were sold.  If you click on the "3 sold" link, you will see that none of the 3 sold went for more than $15?

Before ending the listing, the seller jacked up the price to $399.99, so now the history makes it appear as though the item actually sold for that much...

IMG

IMG

IMG

pulstar

I've known sellers to do this when they're waiting for stock to turn up, apparently it's cheaper to do this rather than shut down the listing then relist when more stock has turned up.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

LostFlunky

Quote from: pulstar on 09/06/2015, 09:10 AMI've known sellers to do this when they're waiting for stock to turn up, apparently it's cheaper to do this rather than shut down the listing then relist when more stock has turned up.
Or if they go on vacation - but it shouldn't show as the sold price...

bob

Kind of like i wish ebay would show what the accepted best offers were, and not just the original price

pulstar

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/06/2015, 09:19 AM
Quote from: pulstar on 09/06/2015, 09:10 AMI've known sellers to do this when they're waiting for stock to turn up, apparently it's cheaper to do this rather than shut down the listing then relist when more stock has turned up.
The sold price is showing as $14.99 in the image...

LostFlunky

Quote from: pulstar on 09/06/2015, 09:32 AM
You had to click 2x into the closed listing to see that.. if you do a search for that item, click to filter on "sold" (which is the link I posted above), you will see that listing with a sold price of $399.99, which is where the first image I posted came from.  The green text indicates it was "sold".

pulstar

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/06/2015, 09:41 AM
Quote from: pulstar on 09/06/2015, 09:32 AM
You had to click 2x into the closed listing to see that.. if you do a search for that item, click to filter on "sold" (which is the link I posted above), you will see that listing with a sold price of $399.99, which is where the first image I posted came from.  The green text indicates it was "sold".
Ah right, that is kinda strange really...You'd think in the sold listings of multiple items at different prices it would display each individual item sold not just the current (or last) listed price.

NecroPhile

Silly ebay trying to jack up their BS "trending" prices....
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/08/2015, 11:46 AMSilly ebay trying to jack up their BS "trending" prices....
No joke, the more stuff "trends" up, the more they make on fees when people buy crap at those prices eventually.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)