BitHead1000 has uploaded a great lets play of Cadash
http://youtu.be/PJ1CJOWgprM
I'm not really a fan of lets play videos in general but I enjoyed this one.
I've seen a few of this guy's videos. He's pretty entertaining in that he seems to hate the same sorts of things that I hate and has some nice/fond memories of Ys/turbo stuff.
Just wondering what accent is that from that youtuber?
Well he showed how effective the mage is.The mage lighting spell pretty much one shot any enemy or boss :shock:
Pretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.
His accent sounded like Philly or New York. I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
Quote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMHis accent sounded like Philly or New York. I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
It's definitely a cool accent to my ears. Maybe I watch too much Ray Donovan. To my untrained ear it sounds a little similar. :P
Also, I love the "And I got news for ya", sometimes followed by a *pause* for added effect. lol
I have seen this guy before, he is unforgettable for his delivery. :)
I can't stand to watch an actual Let's Play for a game I have tattooed on my brain, so I watched the opening + a bit of the Let's Play....
I don't have any major complaints. I think he's pretty amusing.
MUSIC:
The music in this game works better *in game* to complement the atmosphere/setting. However, as stand-alone music, Cadash simply can't compare to, say...Dungeon Explorer. I know this guy has good taste because he praised DE and Legendary Axe II for their soundtracks...but Cadash is not in the same league. Never has, never will be.
Nice! Thanks, just checked him out. Super entertaining!
A BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
http://youtu.be/iooIFS9rJ08
Quote from: Otaking on 03/22/2016, 09:38 AMA BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
http://youtu.be/iooIFS9rJ08
I'm almost disappointed that this video isn't an hour and a half, lol. I sort of like his style of long videos, he tells lots of stories and takes his time. In the world of jump-cut youtube videos, I can admire that. Not that I watch the whole video, but parts here or there are nice.
Quote from: Otaking on 03/22/2016, 09:38 AMA BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
http://youtu.be/iooIFS9rJ08
Thanks for sharing that guy is pretty funny. You almost want to troll him in the comments to set him off lol.
Quote from: guest on 03/22/2016, 01:37 PMQuote from: Otaking on 03/22/2016, 09:38 AMA BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
http://youtu.be/iooIFS9rJ08
I'm almost disappointed that this video isn't an hour and a half, lol. I sort of like his style of long videos, he tells lots of stories and takes his time. In the world of jump-cut youtube videos, I can admire that. Not that I watch the whole video, but parts here or there are nice.
Agreed!
I don't have time to watch everything, but I do enjoy his commentary and delivery.
:)
YAY! I fucking love Bithead1000. If you go back and watch his videos over the last few years he has some real gems in there. I love his stories and his edited game intros are awesome.
Pretty entertaining, thanks for the heads up...
Just seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.
http://youtu.be/sQviZHzODrs
Quote from: Otaking on 04/15/2016, 12:37 PMJust seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.
http://youtu.be/sQviZHzODrs
Worth watching just for the first 1:15. :P
Thanks for the heads up on BitHead1000. Watching him play the games is great.
Quote from: guest on 04/15/2016, 08:44 PMQuote from: Otaking on 04/15/2016, 12:37 PMJust seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.
http://youtu.be/sQviZHzODrs
Worth watching just for the first 1:15. :P
Hah! Absolutely.
oops posted in wrong thread
Bithead is funny as hell. I just don't get why he always sells off his collection and starts again. Then again, his living for the hunt goes above and beyond.
Quote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMPretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.
His accent sounded like Philly or New York. I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
I was thinking Massachusetts. Sounds like my old college roomate from Foxborough.
Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 08:39 AMQuote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMPretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.
His accent sounded like Philly or New York. I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
I was thinking Massachusetts. Sounds like my old college roomate from Foxborough.
You are probably correct I knew it sounded like somewhere in the north east. His videos are pretty funny that intro was pretty funny.
I definitely appreciate his passion, this dude enjoys this stuff so much and that's admirable. Sometimes I watch these boobtubers and think they are doing to for the attention/15 minutes, but I get a vibe from him of wanting to share his love of it - he is just so amped up he has to share it with people. Thanks for sharing :)
Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 08:39 AMQuote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMPretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.
His accent sounded like Philly or New York. I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
I was thinking Massachusetts. Sounds like my old college roomate from Foxborough.
I was gonna say Boston, but I'm sure other parts of Massachusetts would qualify as well.
Not sure what specific part of Boston, though.
Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 04/18/2016, 05:02 AMBithead is funny as hell. I just don't get why he always sells off his collection and starts again. Then again, his living for the hunt goes above and beyond.
He ain't alone, sadly...
Quote from: wmacmonagle on 06/29/2014, 08:33 AMIt was great expereince to complete turbografx us retails twice in my life time and owning magical chase sealed twice. One of em are sealed!!!
And he recently graced us with his presence to report:
Quote from: wmacmonagle on 03/18/2016, 12:39 PMThinking about going for 3rd round complete US TURBO US in few months! LOL! Next year maybe haha!
Although that might be sarcasm to tweak me/us, I wouldn't put it past a collectardo retardo relento nut such as he... :/
I was like "who?" until I spotted his Ys artwork in the background. "Oh it's that guy with a crush on Feena again."
https://youtu.be/AlKQox5PA8I
Skip on to the finished product (16m in):
http://youtu.be/AlKQox5PA8I?t=16m
Yeah, that was amazing work on his part! To be honest about his channel though, looking at other stuff, he's hard to listen to, and my patience doesn't last. I find him difficult to wanna tune in for more than a minute is what I'm trying to express. Seems like a cool guy, nothing personal and I liked his other video where he played a reseller shark for a fool sending him to the wrong address, but beyond that and his Blue Girl video, I never completed watching anything else of his. I can sit and stand to watch Joe and Dave for a half hour in Game Sack, and say James Nintendo Nerd, but him not so much.
This guy is great, thanks for sharing. I really enjoy listening to his enthusiasm for games. Nice to throw on in the background .
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/19/2016, 01:26 AMTo be honest about his channel though, looking at other stuff, he's hard to listen to, and my patience doesn't last. I find him difficult to wanna tune in for more than a minute is what I'm trying to express.
For me it's not necessarily about viewing all of the video but just listening in as if it were a podcast of sorts. Like a 1 hour long radio talk show of just him in his shed.
I keep saying this, but, in an over saturated landscape of never ending gaming YT channels with crazy jump cuts, cool intros, and game-knowledge hubris, his videos aren't like very much out there. I'm not trying to convert ya because I can understand it's not for everybody, but I like the "turn on the camera and go" attitude.
He ticks the boxes of what I find interesting in a video games YouTube channel
What I'm looking for:
Character
Enthusiasm
Amusing or even mildly amusing
Nostalgic stories and memories
What I don't care about:
Large collection (sat in front of)
Faultless encyclopedic knowledge
New "shmup" video about "Gate" the awesome "Hori"
http://youtu.be/h7aSQjYRQMo
What shooter forum is that ? That's a weird decision if true, a lazy shorthand for "Gate of Thunder" to just say "Gate" ? I couldn't have predicted that... Way too general. Abbreviations, when done by any culture, take the most unique part of the title IF it's unique enough on its own for shorthand use. Both 'gate' and 'thunder' are too general normal-use words to use alone as a quick reference. For "Anearth Fantasy Stories" I can say "Anearth" alone as that's atypical enough, or just say "the Xanadu games" for the "Legend of Xanadu" series as "Xanadu" is atypical enough. To just say "I'm playing Gate" is plainly dumb/lazy...
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/26/2016, 09:25 AMWhat shooter forum is that ?
I'm guessing http://shmups.system11.org (http://shmups.system11.org)
His Gate of Thunder pack-in came with Bomberman '93? Talk about teh rarez!!!
Seriously, what kind of fucktard do you have to be to call it 'gate'?!?
That guy cracks me up.
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/26/2016, 10:46 AMHis Gate of Thunder pack-in came with Bomberman '93? Talk about teh rarez!!!
Seriously, what kind of fucktard do you have to be to call it 'gate'?!?
Every shump fan knows it's called GATES OF THUNDER. [-X
I like playing the awesome verti Blazing.
Quote from: guest on 04/26/2016, 02:46 PMI like playing the awesome verti Blazing.
n00bs play BlaZing. True shump fans play Gun on God Mode.
:lol:
Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/26/2016, 02:55 PMQuote from: guest on 04/26/2016, 02:46 PMI like playing the awesome verti Blazing.
n00bs play BlaZing. True shump fans play Gun on God Mode.
I'm not worthy!! [emoji14]
The Gate was left wide open!
Lord knows where the cat is now...
Dammit.
New Bithead1000 video http://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE
he pays too damn much for these games.
http://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE&t=9m10s
Quote from: BitHead1000It's all the RPGs you can't play because you can't speak Japanese.
Oh, and I got a great idea. Aw, I wanna put up a Kickstarter for it, OK ?
Check it out guys, this is a game-changer and I know I'm going on and on.
I wanna develop a pair of glasses -- BITHEAD1000 CAME UP WITH IT BTW -- I wanna develop a pair of glasses that when you put it on it translates Japanese text into English text...
GAMECHANGER!!!!!!! LITERALLY GAMECHANGER!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll give him credit for the enthusiasm at the very least. ;)
You hear that SamIAm ? He wants to put you out of a job... Heh-heh.
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/19/2016, 02:37 PMhttps://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE&t=9m10s (https://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE&t=9m10s)
Quote from: BitHead1000It's all the RPGs you can't play because you can't speak Japanese.
Oh, and I got a great idea. Aw, I wanna put up a Kickstarter for it, OK ?
Check it out guys, this is a game changer and I know I'm going on and on.
I wanna develop a pair of glasses -- BITHEAD1000 CAME UP WITH IT BTW -- I wanna develop a pair of glasses that when you put it on it translates Japanese text into English text...
GAMECHANGER!!!!!!! LITERALLY GAMECHANGER!!!!!!!
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
I'll give him credit for the enthusiasm at the very least. ;)
You hear that SamIAm ? He wants to put you out of a job... Heh-heh.
Hey... Google's probably already working on it.
Quote from: Otaking on 05/19/2016, 09:31 AMNew Bithead1000 video
http://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE
Does he always do his videos slightly lit on whatever he's drinking?
Quote from: guest on 05/19/2016, 03:24 PMQuote from: NightWolve on 05/19/2016, 02:37 PMhttp://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE&t=9m10s
Quote from: BitHead1000It's all the RPGs you can't play because you can't speak Japanese.
Oh, and I got a great idea. Aw, I wanna put up a Kickstarter for it, OK ?
Check it out guys, this is a game changer and I know I'm going on and on.
I wanna develop a pair of glasses -- BITHEAD1000 CAME UP WITH IT BTW -- I wanna develop a pair of glasses that when you put it on it translates Japanese text into English text...
GAMECHANGER!!!!!!! LITERALLY GAMECHANGER!!!!!!!
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
I'll give him credit for the enthusiasm at the very least. ;)
You hear that SamIAm ? He wants to put you out of a job... Heh-heh.
Hey... Google's probably already working on it.
GOOGLE STOLE MY IDEA!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: TurboXray on 05/19/2016, 04:29 PMQuote from: Otaking on 05/19/2016, 09:31 AMNew Bithead1000 video
http://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE
Does he always do his videos slightly lit on whatever he's drinking?
I had to look up "lit" as it's a term I'm not familiar with, checked the Urban Dictionary and looks like it means drunk.
I have no idea if he's drunk. I find his "don't give a fuck" attitude refreshing and a stark contrast to most of the other retro game related YouTubers.
As I've said before his best quality is he's genuinely passionate. Compare his videos to all those channels where it's some dude monotonously reading off stuff he's read on Wikipedia sends me to sleep.
"Hany looks like a dildo..."
Ive been a fan of bithead for a few years now. Dude just makes me laugh, and he just seems like hes a genuine dude who enjoys the games he played as a child.
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/20/2016, 06:40 PMIve been a fan of bithead for a few years now. Dude just makes me laugh, and he just seems like hes a genuine dude who enjoys the games he played as a child.
Hell yeah, thats why I love his show. Passion+Authenticity+Obey.. You can't go wrong. ..... This is gonna blow ya dick off lol
Edit: plus I love how creative the guy is. Have you guys watched the videos of the shit he makes, like the KC cabinet or the crusher? I hope he's a member here, and if so, I wish he would come forward like Joe and GameSack
Quote from: Otaking on 05/19/2016, 05:56 PMI have no idea if he's drunk. I find his "don't give a fuck" attitude refreshing and a stark contrast to most of the other retro game related YouTubers.
I like to think it's a good deal of both. ...I just wish he wouldn't pay so much for games and then having a channel with thousands of subscribers where he openly talks about how he's being gauged but it's cool because the manuals look good.
Quote from: schweaty on 05/19/2016, 01:20 PMhe pays too damn much for these games.
Yes, which is unfortunate, but AT LEAST he's playing them
He complains that he can't find collectible games "in the wild" and then brags about looting local garage sales, flea markets, etc for games to flip online for cash to overpay for random PCE games he can't be bothered to research at all.
CHAINSAW OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/71ZFscYK6SM
Thank you for linking this, I missed it. This is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also couldn't help but notice his empty shelf, did he already sell all those PCE games?
Quote from: Otaking on 06/25/2016, 09:34 PMCHAINSAW OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/71ZFscYK6SM
That was great. It just made my morning.
:)
I dig this cat. No fucks given
Quote from: Otaking on 06/25/2016, 09:34 PMCHAINSAW OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/71ZFscYK6SM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Classic Archie Bunker-esque performance here waxing about the good ole days!
"Lemme tell you something right here and you listen good ... This right here is from a time when girls were girls, men were men that didn't hang around on Twitter/Facebook gossiping like chicks all day, and by God, REAL chainsaws were STILL made in America!!! You see that right here ? Made in America!!!!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I almost didn't think we'd get a demonstration of the chainsaw to prove if it even still worked, but he gave one albeit very brief at the end.
He's weird, but my kind of weird.
Was that a Trump campaign ad?
My chainsaw sucks, when I trim the tree with it I have to stop and clean it out every five minutes, I wish mine were made in America, or by NEC.
For the record, electric chainsaws always sucked no matter where they were made in my anecdotal experience... ;)
Whenever I go home for a weekend or whatever, I always help my father with whatever chores he has. Often we cut down a tree and let me tell you, gas powered chainsaws are truly the way to go from my sample size of the 2 electric ones vs the 1 gas powered chainsaw that my father owns. For starters, you feel like a total badass as you're holding a rotating death chain that sounds like a motorcycle ridden by one of those guys who argues that "Loud pipes save lives!" For corollary, which is more awesome: hitting a switch that works to turn a thing on or yanking repeatedly on a cord until you're furious at the damn thing when the engine finally decides to turn over?
Gas powered chainsaws? Hell Yeah.
I didn't quite fully catch his earlier line about "This is back before we had check-engine lights in our car that would hold us hostage, and extort us for money..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't make out his pronunciation of "check-engine" initially. Can't say I can relate to the experience, but I have an idea given the complexity of newer cars and their better detection of aging parts in need of replacement. Not a bad thing in principle, but I can understand it getting tiresome especially if there's excess, everything from minor issues triggering a check light, then having to stop by AutoZone to have the computer codes processed to learn what exactly is the problem. That can be done for free at auto part retailers nowadays, don't always have to immediately go to a mechanic, but anyway.
NightWolve: Ha! After reading your posts I had to rewatch the video and noticed that I missed a few things (not just the "check engine" comment. Ha!
He's my kind of "weird", too. Ranting in a shack with an electric antique. Ha! :)
In many towns, your only option to find out why the check engine light is on is to pay hundreds of dollars. When they do check it, from what I understand it's not much different than plugging in a usb connection and reading the results.
Makes car apps all the more useless when it would be the best way for consumers to know how serious an issue is.
There's other options if you care to put in a little effort. The scan tools are relatively cheap, easy to use, and work with many different makes and models.
Quote from: guest on 06/30/2016, 05:04 PMIn many towns, your only option to find out why the check engine light is on is to pay hundreds of dollars. When they do check it, from what I understand it's not much different than plugging in a usb connection and reading the results.
Makes car apps all the more useless when it would be the best way for consumers to know how serious an issue is.
There is a kool dongle + app for iPhone that not only provides you with all of the diagnostic info in your car, but takes that data and provides need reports about various things (like fuel efficiency and driving patterns).
My friend has it...it is very kool.
:)
UPDATE: "Automatic" is the one my friend uses.
On some vehicles you don't even need a tool. On my old Jeep turning the ignition on and off I think 3x in a row would display the error code on the odometer, which you could then Google.
A new one is up.
http://youtu.be/9O-4sUvYdlY
Quote from: rxmage on 07/01/2016, 09:23 PMA new one is up.
http://youtu.be/9O-4sUvYdlY
His T-shirt is hilarious.
new video up
"I don't play Pokemon Go, I play PC Engine stay"
http://youtu.be/qQ6nVVJgP7Y
oh great another pickups video ](*,)
That video was truly awesome, going through Japanese PC Engine games and talking a bit about his opinion on each one, sprinkled with humor, I can't think of a better YouTube video. I'm not saying that as someone needing to be introduced to new PCE games, I've owned the whole library of games and played all the (English friendly)games. I like hearing other opinions of the PCE library, 80% the reason I come on this forum.
New video up, about Download :mrgreen:
http://youtu.be/COaVT6yikLg
QuoteYou've got two options, 1) purchase a copy of Download, 2)Bithead1000 opens a can of round house kicks on your reproductive organs.
:lol:
Quote from: guest on 08/05/2016, 05:37 PMNew video up, about Download :mrgreen:
http://youtu.be/COaVT6yikLg
BitHead1000 can not fuck up for this.
A few Download translations to English.
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/DownloadTranslated.jpg)
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/DL1.jpg)
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/DL2.jpg)
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/system11/dlcOMIC1.jpg)
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/system11/dLcOMIC2.jpg)
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/maxchainsplendid/system11/dLcOMIC3.jpg)
^LMAO.
I do enjoy Download. Think bithead over hyped it just a tad, but his videos are great.
Otaking, you made the storyboard?
Awesome.
:)
Hahahah classic. Technology is KINGS. ONE MAN CAN NOT FUCK THIS UP.
Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2016, 02:49 PMOtaking, you made the storyboard?
Awesome.
:)
It's from this old shmups forum thread. :P
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=362287 (http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=362287)
Quote from: Otaking on 08/07/2016, 08:45 PMQuote from: esteban on 08/07/2016, 02:49 PMOtaking, you made the storyboard?
Awesome.
:)
It's from this old shmups forum thread. :P
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=362287 (http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=362287)
Thanks :)
ALSO: Holy crap, RegalSin posted on that thread.
And he got banned from there too, eh ? Heh-heh. I guess I miss some of his weirdness, but you know, it got pretty out of hand with his claims of being arrested for child pornography/images with his infamous "I kept downloading and downloading and downloading" line...
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/08/2016, 01:13 AMAnd he got banned from there too, eh ? Heh-heh. I guess I miss some of his weirdness, but you know, it got pretty out of hand with his claims of being arrested for child pornography/images with his infamous "I kept downloading and downloading and downloading" line...
He was crazy, but I remember trying to read and decipher some of his posts...I couldn't tell if he knew what he was talking about...or if he was just making stuff up.
What a crazy bastard.
Quote from: esteban on 08/08/2016, 07:51 AMbut I remember trying to read and decipher some of his posts...I couldn't tell if he knew what he was talking about...or if he was just making stuff up.
What a crazy bastard.
Now you know how I feel when I read some of your posts here! :mrgreen:
Quote from: guest on 08/08/2016, 08:40 AMQuote from: esteban on 08/08/2016, 07:51 AMbut I remember trying to read and decipher some of his posts...I couldn't tell if he knew what he was talking about...or if he was just making stuff up.
What a crazy bastard.
Now you know how I feel when I read some of your posts here! :mrgreen:
Duly noted :)
better than metal jesus, better than pat nes punk, better than gamester. Fuck poppy game review clowns. This dude here is very good. All of you can Derelique my balls because Karl Marx said so.
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 08/09/2016, 09:02 PMbetter than metal jesus, better than pat nes punk, better than gamester. Fuck poppy game review clowns. This dude here is very good. All of you can Derelique my balls because Karl Marx said so.
...and 100 times better than 8-Bit Eric.
10 CHEAPEST PC ENGINE SHOOTERS!
http://youtu.be/c41wQ9SEmUg
Quote from: Otaking on 09/03/2016, 06:50 AM10 CHEAPEST PC ENGINE SHOOTERS!
http://youtu.be/c41wQ9SEmUg
I have not watched this yet... But I can't help but think that "cheap" is a relative term.
:)
I really like his videos and his 'call it how he sees it' attitude.
Quote from: Flare65 on 09/04/2016, 10:20 PMI really like his videos and his 'call it how he sees it' attitude.
That is why I enjoy his videos, too. :)
Hey he finally has games on his shelf, is this real? What is real and what is fake? What is light and what is dark? Is a giant painting of a videogame anime character sexual fetishism or just nostalgia? What does the chainsaw on top of the shelf/drawer thing mean?
He looks tired. Thumbs up for the Super Darius mention, excellent port, very fun and cheap!
e: double thumbs up for mentioning Veigues. The US version is not so cheap though for some stupid reason (at least on ebay)
bithead1000 is a great example of how a video game reviewer should be. Guys like pat nes punk and metal jesus are too poppy and trendy. They suck. He is also not overboard with the aggression like AVGN, who is also poppy as fuck.
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/21/2016, 06:41 PMbithead1000 is a great example of how a video game reviewer should be. Guys like pat nes punk and metal jesus are too poppy and trendy. They suck. He is also not overboard with the aggression like AVGN, who is also poppy as fuck.
You had me at "poppy"...
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/21/2016, 06:41 PMbithead1000 is a great example of how a video game reviewer should be. Guys like pat nes punk and metal jesus are too poppy and trendy. They suck. He is also not overboard with the aggression like AVGN, who is also poppy as fuck.
for once I agree with Marx
he has a very cool "Bonk" storage case creation video up for view now - he is a talented craftsman/artist - air
Quote from: airzonkrulz on 10/22/2016, 02:57 AMhe has a very cool "Bonk" storage case creation video up for view now - he is a talented craftsman/artist - air
Just watching now, great stuff.
http://youtu.be/8pXXjdHcu6E
Very impressed! Kinda wants me to run out and buy a table saw!
That was really impressive I have never been good at any of that kind of work so seeing that was very impressive. I am all about numbers and computer code but always appreciate seeing others use their skills.
Ok now I'm impressed.
Love this guy! Not only does he have a true passion for his love of the PC Engine, but he also has the skills to pay the bills. I wish he would make more videos :/ great stuff.
http://youtu.be/4zjuF_BKruo
Quote from: Otaking on 10/22/2016, 06:36 AMQuote from: airzonkrulz on 10/22/2016, 02:57 AMhe has a very cool "Bonk" storage case creation video up for view now - he is a talented craftsman/artist - air
Just watching now, great stuff.
http://youtu.be/8pXXjdHcu6E
Heh, he does have some skillz there! Gotta hand it to 'im!
http://youtu.be/GWNgWS1AOGY
Badass skills. You can't help but like this guy.
its amazing how fast he can paint
"Ah sports games...they're $53 dollars one day...0.53 cents the next".
https://youtu.be/wjNCsK2Dbn8 (Blocked by WMG)
http://youtu.be/wjNCsK2Dbn8
Quote from: Otaking on 12/03/2016, 07:05 AMhttp://youtu.be/GWNgWS1AOGY
Much kinship with this guy! He just Van Gogh'ed and Bob Villa'ed one of the best shooters I grew up with, took me right back to the day my Turbo Duo arrived packed with Gate of Thunder, Ys Book I & II, etc.!
The genius in using its soundtrack for the BGM, one of the greatest in videogame history, you could bear the whole video, or leave it running in the background for the end result. A masterpiece! :)
Damn! Pretty Awesome!
https://youtu.be/k_vbiy4hxNY
Hardcore Turbo fan! I wonder if he knows PCEFX, if not, somebody should invite him to join some time.
Quote from: Bloufo on 03/06/2016, 06:01 AMJust wondering what accent is that from that youtuber?
I've been watching him for a while now. I seem to remember him saying he was from Long Island, NY.
Quote from: guest on 12/31/2016, 05:05 PMDamn! Pretty Awesome!
http://youtu.be/k_vbiy4hxNY
Another great video.
I'll embed here so peeps can just watch it in the thread
http://youtu.be/k_vbiy4hxNY
Heh, that's pretty cool. The art isn't that bad though.
Quote from: guest on 01/03/2017, 10:15 AMHeh, that's pretty cool. The art isn't that bad though.
I have to watch this, but based on the still image it must be.... Neutopia?
Quote from: esteban on 01/03/2017, 03:08 PMI have to watch this, but based on the still image it must be.... Neutopia?
Nope. Hint: imagine the hills and mountains sliding over each other in glorious parallax.
Quote from: guest on 01/03/2017, 03:32 PMQuote from: esteban on 01/03/2017, 03:08 PMI have to watch this, but based on the still image it must be.... Neutopia?
Nope. Hint: imagine the hills and mountains sliding over each other in glorious parallax.
Dungeon Explorer!
another awesome turbo art display.
For the cover, looks like NEC had an art competition in some middle school where the winners artwork would be featured in video game called Dungeon Explorer. Artwork is good for what it is, but it's by no means a professional execution which is required in video gaming industry. I agree with Bithead that this is one of the worst cover video game art in the world, but only based on the expectations from what is considered professional piece or not.
........you can skip reading the paragraph if you want. The artwork is shit.
I wonder if turbo grafx in the states would've done better if the artwork wasn't so bad. Don't get me wrong, It has a certain charm, but its like they actually put in some effort to make them as bland and hilarious as possible.
(https://junk.tg-16.com/images/obey_urine_remover.jpg)
It also looks like he may be jacking it as well.
Nice shot there, esty. How many shots to get it just right? :P
Quote from: Bloufo on 01/12/2017, 01:13 AMNice shot there, esty. How many shots to get it just right? :P
Oh, I definitely took 9-10 shots... some of them were a bit off...
(https://junk.tg-16.com/images/obey_batch.jpg)
Luckily, the other photos didn't require as many :)
http://youtu.be/119vBLS_UK4
I concur with everything stated.
I agree with him, Nintendo are dicks.
The Super Famicom/SNES is my favourite console of all time, but over the years I've come to dislike Nintendo as a company more and more.
I would have nothing to do with Nintendo if I didn't have kids, that is the ONLY reason I've had anything to do with them and that their console and games are in my house.
Super Mario Brothers themselves should come to the door of your house and fix your fucking pipes. ahaha lol
QuoteTheir like the girl in the fucking bukkake videos, they sit there with their mouth open and take one load on their face after another with a big grin
"I love Nintendo."
I don't believe you.
Cry about them trying to be profitable. The nerve of a company not wanting to lose money!
Bitch that all the first party games are tired, boring franchises, yet piss and moan that there's not a new title from every single franchise on launch day, and never mind the fact that none of their other systems launched with a bunch of first party titles either.
Rant about the NES Classic. Not about the intentionally limited quantities, though, just that it doesn't have Contra. The HORRORS!
Reading the comments in this last video is lulz, YouTube accounts with names like "Bowser33 _Gamer111" or "Nintendo Arcade1" or accounts with Nintendo related avatars have all been triggered! Bithead1000 shot his load on their face. :lol:
That video was so funny and I do agree with a lot of what he said. The thing is that Nintendo makes great games and they are fun to play with my kids. The issue I have always had with them is their business practices and how stubborn they are.
I still have no idea why they didn't do an Xbox one/Kinect with the Wii U gamepad. They should have sold a wii u at $199 with just the pro controller. I am so surprised they never bothered to lower the price on that system much more than $50. I was a day 1 Wii U buyer and I am not going to get a switch day 1.
http://youtu.be/Jc1J-WdpffI
Quote from: Otaking on 02/11/2017, 03:41 PMhttp://youtu.be/Jc1J-WdpffI
"Slither down into the basement with our host to escape the penis withering nagging from the wife and pay tribute to a Titan of vertical scrolling shooters....XEVIOUS!!!"
I love this guy.
http://youtu.be/bQtPr5ubUPo
"The Switch is not a gaming console. It's an asshole and moron identifier." lol
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:21 AMhttp://youtu.be/bQtPr5ubUPo
"The Switch is not a gaming console. It's an asshole and moron identifier." lol
Fuckin' love it. =D> :lol: =D> :lol:
Seriously, BitHead1000 keeps my faith in gaming.
He's a shining beacon in a sea of cluster fuck.
I'll embed the video, so others can just watch in the thread.
http://youtu.be/bQtPr5ubUPo
I appreciate his comments about other YouTubers. Between the Analogue NT Mini and the Switch, the amount of shilling going on on YT right now is annoying as hell.
Love it! He has a point mind. To be fair, Nintendo are a shadow of their former self from the FC/SFC days. It's like a different company.
Just been reading the youtube comments in the last video it's uber lulz, he triggered the Nintendorks like crazy.
I want a BitHead1000 weekly podcast.
Love his videos and rants.
Question though.... Are the youtubers that get the Switch for free part of the Nintendo program where they are giving up their 20% of their youtube income? How does Nintendo determine who to give a system to?
Quote from: Flare65 on 02/27/2017, 09:05 AMLove his videos and rants.
Question though.... Are the youtubers that get the Switch for free part of the Nintendo program where they are giving up their 20% of their youtube income? How does Nintendo determine who to give a system to?
If people are giving up 20% of their income for a $300 system then they are pretty dumb.
Quote from: Flare65 on 02/27/2017, 09:05 AMQuestion though.... Are the youtubers that get the Switch for free part of the Nintendo program where they are giving up their 20% of their youtube income? How does Nintendo determine who to give a system to?
No. Any YouTuber can sign up with Nintendo if they want to be sent free stuff. Obviously only YouTubers with a sizable audience are going to be chosen, however.
New bithead1000 episode out this morning!
http://youtu.be/zbqdueFU08Q
Some guy sent BitHead1000 a bunch of obey!
http://youtu.be/duKociFadHo
I'd talk to you about PC Engine Chris. On my silly podcast if you'd ever stop dodging me when I ask you to join!!
:P
Wawa~~~
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/04/2017, 03:51 PMSome guy sent BitHead1000 a bunch of obey!
http://youtu.be/duKociFadHo
His responses were so funny, BOTW is interesting. It's like people want to hate it, but can't? That's my consensus of peoples opinions without myself playing it.
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/04/2017, 03:51 PMSome guy sent BitHead1000 a bunch of obey!
http://youtu.be/duKociFadHo
Good going CGQuaterly.
Another great video.
New video up
http://youtu.be/gCtUuTsE_L8
Amazing! :) So glad he's posting more frequently. Being 40 next year myself all this stuff is so true :)
41 here. God I feel old....
I'll be 40 next year too. Physically I feel older, but mentally I don't think much has changed.
Funny I just turned 40 and I can relate so much to bithead. I grew up in Long Island around the same time so it's funny to see a video about martial arts. That was huge at that time. I remember my older cousin having a butterfly knife and I thought he was cool. He ended up not being that cool but that is another story.
I feel as though I walked into a retirement home. :P
Bithead100 = only good youtube channel.
Quote from: Otaking on 01/30/2017, 07:51 PMhttp://youtu.be/119vBLS_UK4
Blamed hair loss on Nintendo... :lol:
EDIT: Oh wow, legit criticism on the NES Classic - the default 30 games didn't include Contra, but the sequel instead ?!?!?!?! I have to agree on "Who's running the show over there?..." That's one of the best games ever created and I don't really think about the sequels when I hear Contra!
Personally, I could be interested in these retro box consoles if the whole library is included with accurate emulation at least, if not better.
http://youtu.be/z8GxOVhpnqc
http://youtu.be/1y7yJiXBwwU
I love this guy's channel so very much.
Quote from: Bloufo on 10/29/2017, 01:11 AMhttp://youtu.be/1y7yJiXBwwU
Oh yeah, the androids from Interstellar, nice! I liked that movie too, you usually can't lose when Christopher Nolan is in the director's chair. A lot of bullshit theoretical physics/time travel SciFi elements, fake moon landing propaganda, but it's a fun watch.
I like this guy's skills, old skool. Back from when he painted Feena, you saw he had both good talent and taste. :)
Sweet looking sapphire art by bithead :shock: =D>
http://youtu.be/jwCUIIADwUA
^^
Now that's more like it!
Enough already with the NES collecting thing.
http://youtu.be/THFMU6_6sNs
how did he get pce freebies ](*,)
So whoever actually programmed this new version of Arkanoid for PC Engine thought that the existing arcade quality port wasn't good enough and ported the NES version instead. What are the odds that a facebook based bootlegger actually did it themselves though?
I'm willing to bet it's a rip-off of bonknuts' PCE to NES. Didn't he have source code up at some point?
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 03/21/2018, 09:33 AMI'm willing to bet it's a rip-off of bonknuts' PCE to NES. Didn't he have source code up at some point?
I assumed that it must use that, but it's still a lot of work and we never heard about its development.
Maybe a Japanese programmer made it, unaware of Jamanoid and the "repro" guy found it online and claimed it as his own?
I'd love to get my hands on that Ys 4 that he got. Case and all. Any chance that someone will have a few for sale at MGC?
Quote from: Flare65 on 03/22/2018, 10:51 AMI'd love to get my hands on that Ys 4 that he got. Case and all. Any chance that someone will have a few for sale at MGC?
Can't you just buy one from that Jodi person?
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 03/24/2018, 01:04 PMQuote from: Flare65 on 03/22/2018, 10:51 AMI'd love to get my hands on that Ys 4 that he got. Case and all. Any chance that someone will have a few for sale at MGC?
I don't have Facebook or Twitter. Is he on here? Any way I can contact hi m directly?
Can't you just buy one from that Jodi person?