The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - fuzzface

#1
Many thanks for your understanding gentlemen.
#2
Sold, locking up.
#3
Indeed, sorry for the confusion. I have made a note that they will be marked as repro on every listing.
#4
I was just made aware of this thread and wanted to chime in. I'm scaling back my collection, and some of these boxes I made for myself before selling to others originally did not have repro labeling on the print. I will be clearly writing reproduction on them before sending them out to the new owner. I'm not looking to scam or mislead anyone down the line. Sorry for the drama.
#5
Right on guys, I don't want to step on any toes. Thanks for the praise on the box.
#6
Price drop to $7 shipped. Or trades?
#7
I'm certainly willing to take best offer. Wasn't sure how exactly to price it with the damage.
#8
You can see an example of the marking in this photo: /2vhwso7.jpg
#9
They most certainly do state they are repros on them.
#10
Sadly missing one page but no writing. Please see photos for condition. $7 - includes US shipping. I can also include a reproduction box for an additional $10.

/2crog2x.jpg
/wluglz.jpg
/2m49it3.jpg
/j8gnyc.jpg
/mkyqlj.jpg
#11
Thank you again! Mine are individually hand cut and folded which is different than Sparky's approach, but it's nice to see people can appreciate both methods.
#12
Thank you for the feedback crazykuban. I also take trades towards them if that's an option for you.
The guy I traded with for this last batch sure likes them:
IMG
#13
Did some work this weekend. These are all for a trade...
IMG
#14
I did some work this week... All are my repros aside from Bonk's Revenge and Dungeon Explorer.
IMG
The mini Cadash houses my EverDrive.  :P
#15
Thank you Bernie!
#16
Well you got me there with the rising sea levels. I can't argue with that.
#17
I can do these mini versions for the same price, they come on your choice of glossy or matte. The mini pictured is the matte finish while the full sized is the glossy.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
#18
Thank you!
IMG
IMG
#19
Thanks! I'm a photo editor by day, so this seemed like a fun diversion that has turned into an all out obsession. I've seen that guy on eBay selling his too... those make me sad. :(

Another example of mine:
IMG
IMG
IMG
#20
I ship them cut and pre-folded in a flat mailer. The buyer does the final assembly which includes gluing one seam with a clear glue stick. For best results I do highly recommend using the clear outer protective cases available online as the card stock I use is a little thinner than the original cardboard.

I get mine from this site: http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/
#21
Pricing is $12 each plus $4 shipping to the continental USA and $6 to Canada, but I offer free shipping on orders of 5 or more. Trades are always welcome and I actually prefer them!
#22
Buy/Sell/Trade / Reproductions by Mega Box
10/20/2015, 12:47 PM
Howdy folks,
A few months ago I started experimenting with making my own repro boxes. I showed them to some friends and they suggested I offer them to other collectors. They all clearly state they are reproduction and are meant for collector's shelves and not for resale or misleading others!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
(These are low resolution previews.)

If you'd like to see more examples check out my page on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/megaboxreproductions

For pricing and a current list of what I have available my Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12KsRXPVsLWsM3j2U6T99KrESlomUutRNZxFmFtxplpk/edit?usp=sharing
#23
Thanks, made one to test some new card stock and thought... This is kinda fun!
#24
Are you talking about me? I haven't made a post here yet as I'm pretty busy with orders just from FB but will get around to it soon. Everything I make is labeled as repro!

More info on my work: https://www.facebook.com/megaboxreproductions

Quote from: Bernie on 10/19/2015, 08:07 PMThere's a guy on FB making repro boxes.  Cheap and look great.  Settle for that.


Sent from my iPhone using your mama
#25
Just saw the back of a Japanese Duo pad and it's made in Japan... Anyone have both to compare quality wise? I bet the MIJ slays the Taiwan stuff.
#26
Very interesting info. Thanks for adding~
#27
That's a question I'd like to know the answer to!
#28
I have experienced the sticky d-pad on the controller you mentioned. I will have to try the other out more and see if I notice the button response. To me the one on the right's buttons feel more snappy and rebound quicker...
#29
Gracias and thank you!
#30
I'm simultaneously sorry and glad I can bring this to everyone's attention. Let me know what you find.
#31
Check the imprinted label on the back; that seems to be the give away. The superior controllers have the larger size info box.
#32
Cheers gentlemen! Today my everdrive 1.2 came which I exchanged for the 2.1 that wouldn't play nice with my booster... it WORKS!  :dance: It's going to be a fun weekend for sure.
#33
That's more or less what I figured. Thanks guys!
#34
The buttons feel so much more responsive on the shinier/heavier one... WHY NEC WHY?
#35
Has anyone else noticed the US market Turbopad has variants? The one on the left is supposedly NOS from feebay and the one on the right came with my console. The "NOS" one feels a lot cheaper with softer/less responsive buttons, is lighter weight, and has a less glossy style plastic. The dpad and other buttons are a little different sizes too. What gives? Different production facilities? Did NEC get stingy as they went along? I need answers!

/4hp11z.jpg
/slqi6d.jpg
/rbad76.jpg
#36
Thanks for the welcomes, and yes I intend to OBEY to the best of my ability.
#37
Still have a spare black Turbo style? I want it.
#38
Thanks NecroPhileman!
#39
Hi all. I'm new to the forum but not to the Turbo. A few months ago I found out about the ever drive, and decided I wanted another one of these in my life so I can finally try all those games I could never find/afford back in the late 90's when I previously had a turbo. After posting a want ad on CL, luckily for me someone local had an extra console and gave me a very fair price knowing I would appreciate it. I've since been bit by the retro NEC bug and have added a Booster, 5 player tap (with extension cord!), 4 more controllers, and have even started getting a few physical games when I can afford them. What a fun console! It makes me wonder what I was thinking when I got rid of the CIB one I had back then that I think I paid $40 for?!  ](*,)

Anyway, hello PCENGINEFX! I'm happy to be here.