10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - CDiablo

#1
I could probably help with the project, though I am in the middle of a few of my own. If anything I can probably find the text in hex and make a table. I was told many arcade card based games can pull the fonts from the super system card, so that may be an issue. PM me if whoever is working on this needs what little help/knowledge I can offer. I could also possibly help a bit with art stuff, but Im not too good at the moment.
#2
It happened over time and I would say a bit before the value really shot up. I collected games/consoles for a while and I used to buy ebay lots to save money, even though I ended up with doubles of things. I think I got 1 by itself, for myself. Another in a large game lot. This was all pre 2008, I know cause I have PM's saved on here trying to get an SVideo mod work done on here but no one was doing it(a known user that did it, D-Lite, apparently could but had disappeared under some unsavory circumstances). Somewhere in 2008 some guy was selling a premodded one so I jumped on that. Also, I am weird parting with my stuff so I never seem to sell things and end up with 3 of the same thing even though I can only use 1 at a time.
#3
thesteve just recapped 3 USA DUO's and a Turbo Express for me. 2 of the DUO's had sound issues that were fixed, the other 2 were done as precautions. Fairly inexpensive and quick turnaround.
#4
Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/02/2015, 04:01 PMAnyone know what's going on at Retro Game Cave? 

http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950
This place has insanely limited stock. Their retro Trio(Sega/CD/32X) adapters went on sale Friday @ 6 and were sold out by the time I got online at 7:30. They had PCE stuff on Sunday which is now OOS. Luckily when I cheked on Sunday they had some of the Sega 2 device adapters in stock, which I need for my XEYE and CDX(OOS later that day).
#5
I've been interested in giving some older games translations for a while but it is extremely hard to find info on how to start, what to do, ect. Problem is when searching for game translating you get a mountain of results, mostly of rom pages and non related forum posts. Does anyone have a starting point for translation, I might give it a shot. Thanks.
#6
Well his profile links to it......will update
#7
Hi, I am looking to have up to 3 Turbo Duos get recapped. The only people I see on here doing them are backlogged or busy or quit. If anyone knows a reliable person/place to get this done please let me know. I would love to try this operation myself but dont want to ruin a DUO.

edit: I have found several people that offer to do the replacement for me. For future reference(there should be a sticky for this) as I could not find any recent posts here is a list of people offering capping and modding service as of May 2015. I do not have experience with any of these users but many have a long list of references as well as plenty of cool work on the modding forums/youtube:

Keith Courage (website)
Chop5
thesteve
turbokon(website  taking a modding break as of this edit to likely work on a cool project)
blueraven
BlueBMW
cjameslv(website)
gametechus(website)(Not taking work as of this post to work on the Hi-Def NES project but likely will in the future)
#8
Quote from: elabit on 06/16/2011, 06:50 AMHere's his wanted ad on atari age
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/180748-wanted-turbo-duo-or-turbografx-16cdsuper-system-card/

Notice there is no responses and he closes the thread due to his ps3 dying. Makes me think he proceeded with the trade intending to buy a new ps3 to send to this guy instead, realized he didn't have the money to pay for a ps3 to pay for a duo then started making up the fucked up story.
I feel bad for the other dude who kept with his end of the deal. Could you imagine how frustrated he probably was dealing with this nut???? I would probably flip out and start threatening the dude too if I sent him a duo and then he tells me the ps3 is busted and I don't deserve 2 duos anyways.......
To be fair to him. He sent me a message that day saying that PS3 YLOD'd. Though he had my duo in hand he didnt lock that thread saying trade in progress but ......whatever. Well he got back to me and even though his attorney said he would win if it came to court he would send it back as long as I pay for the shipping label. So if anyone wants too buy a freshly hammer smashed DUO I'm sure I will have one in a few days. If you never see this account logged on again you can rest knowing his bomb made it to its destination. I wrote down the serial number and build date of the machine before sending, so I wonder what I will be getting in return. Depending on the story he may have it or traded it or threw it away.

Its funny that yesterday(you can point to the post where he says "I sent this guy a message") JB wrote me a PM saying that everyone on pcenginefx agrees with me, how much I suck and that I should give up only to have it turn around in to a laugh fest for you guys.  This whole ordeal is no troll thread, just a crap situation for me. I actually assumed that this would have been locked after my post and I apologize for this crap spilling into this forum(its been mostly handled by PM). I appreciate those of you who gave me some backup and for the laughs; this whole thing has been weighing on me since it got ugly. I can now make my mom proud by joining the hall of shame.
#9
I did read it. I just dont understand why you are doing this to me. Do you really think I would offer to someone I have never met in my life a $200-$300 classic game system possibly in return for a PS3 "if you are satisfied." (People on this forum ask yourselves if ANYONE you know would do this) You could just lie and say you are not satisfied. You could say "It has a scratch on the case I am not satisfied." I dont even know if you ever had a PS3. You specifically asked me to test it with Bonk/2/Gate of thunder, it worked. I tested it with Lords of Thunder and J.B Harold. I sent the system first out of good faith. I tested the system with originals for more than an hour(love me some Lords of Thunder), no problems. You never said test it with a burn of Gate Of Thunder. You never said you were going to use cdrs at all. Then you tell me your system happened to YLOD while backing up saves(the most processing intensive thing system can do).

Then you tell me you were having problems with the PS3 and the system playing CDrs(nothing about the laser/gears not working). I have a fair knowledge of system repair and offered you some suggestions to try. You did not respond to most of my suggestions. You said you would get a legit DUO CD game and let me know the results. You don not tell me the result. My roomies mom passes away, I lose touch on the issue and kind of had this on the backburner for 3 weeks. You never contact me in the mean time. I contact you 3 weeks later after last contact to see whats the status. You logon(remember you can check last logon on a forum) and dont respond. I send another message, you get back 2 weeks later, saying that the PM message notification bar didnt show any new messages. You tell me to be patient and "whats your big loss here," I say I just traded you for a PS3 and you didnt send that or the "broken" DUO. I say I just want either of those things. You reply with a curse filled bunch of gibberish about how people like me are the scum of the earth and since this was a spare duo(I have a main one for actual gaming, this was a backup) that it should be no big loss for me.
 
Then you tell me you sent the duo away for repairs, you tell me you traded it with your sister because she knows how to do a cap replacement, you just sent me a message saying that you paid $100 plus traded my duo to get a working one. You say on this forum you opened mine up and cleaned it and fixed it. I have no clue where it is at the moment. You said you would send the duo back. Then you said you wouldnt. You sent me a message today saying to send you a shipping label which I agreed to and you reply that you arent gong to give it back. You offered to mod my PS3 for me(as if I would send you another $300 piece of equipment) as compensation. There is so many contradictions in your mails I dont know where to start.

People on this board can rally behind you all they want it doesnt make what you are doing right. Thus far all you are out is (as far as I can tell) nothing(maybe $100 depending on what mail I am to believe) in respect to our trade. I am out a DUO/PSU/controller and $15 for shipping. Ive tried to be accommodating and civil the whole time. You have been throwing CAPS and curses back at me. You keep telling me that since I have own than 1 DUO I should be happy with my situation. I asked you kindly how I have cost you any money. I have offered to compensate you. You have not responded with anything but the $100 contradiction story. This is my first time trading with anyone on the internet and this is what I get. To the people on this forum, remember there are 2 sides to a story and in this case(unless you know either party) I wouldnt believe either of them. I just want my stuff back and this nightmare to end.
Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on 06/15/2011, 02:09 PMI sent this thread to him. Let's see if he reads it.
#10
Quote from: Duo_R on 02/27/2009, 10:23 PMwere u looking for this on the turbo-list email? Cause I remember someone asking like a month ago.
Nope not me, but Im still holding onto hope that someone that repairs Duos have a spare one around.
#11
Hi, I have a duo that is missing the flap/dust cover for the hucard slot.If anyone has the spare part lemm know. Thanks!
#12
Buy/Sell/Trade / WTB Arcade Card Duo
08/11/2008, 10:05 PM
Name your price. THanks all.
#13
I've looked everywhere and have not found anyone that does these. If anyone has suggestions, send em my way. Thanks.
#14
Quote from: atr3yu on 08/07/2008, 08:40 PMone guy here does it but he doesn't live in NYC. My modder lives in Utica if that helps...
Who is your modder? Im up in albany looking for one.