@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - greg

#1
Off-Topic / Re: Breetai aka Firebomber7
01/12/2013, 09:06 AM
<DELETE>
#2
Off-Topic / Re: Breetai aka Firebomber7
01/11/2013, 06:57 AM
It's a mystery how Blake came across a stack of those CARE4DATA Sapphire bootleg games, but this is how I came to know him. I met him on the Racketboy forum in 2011. He sent me several of those Sapphire boots, and I distributed them to my friends local to the Phoenix, AZ area. We got to know each other through PM. Aside from our obvious shared interest in retro Japanese video games, he and I had very much in common. We were both Christian, in our 30's, had lived in Japan, both married to Japanese girls, and both of us had very young and adorable daughters (his is 2 and mine is 4).

Blake and I were once talking about earthquakes in Japan via e-mail, and he said, "If the worst happens and I die, well... I believe in Jesus. I'm not worried about dying at all." So, I don't grieve for Blake. I feel badly for his daughter. I hope that as his daughter grows older, she will not forget her father, nor how much he loved her. I will miss him.
#3
Quote from: nat on 11/08/2011, 11:45 PMNot to belittle your endeavor, but I was pretty sure this had already been done....

EDIT: Ah yes, this is what I was thinking of. Not EXACTLY the same, I suppose.
Hey, thanks for the link! I already have subscribed to sunteam's channel, but I've never seen their game blast videos. They did one for the CD-ROM games too.

Yeah, my video is in vein of the 100 Super Famicom games in 10 minutes video, which I have on my site. Here's Part 1 and Part 2. There are similar videos out there, but mine focus specifically on import gaming. I've seen a 100 Saturn games in 10 minutes video, which is cool, but I think I will work on putting together one that is specifically for imports. I'm currently working on recording part 3 of the SFC videos.

Quote from: Flare65 on 11/09/2011, 12:09 AMWould have been nice if the name of each game was known.
Um... they are. Unless you're talking about the video nat linked to?
#4
Somebody needed to make a video like this, so I took it upon myself to do it! Many of these game are mine, and I pooled together with three other friends to put this video together. This video showcases games that were never released for the domestic North American market. It's possible that a few of these may have been released in Europe, but that's out of the scope of this video. Enjoy!
#5
Thanks guys. It just makes no sense that the game is like this, unless there are two different types of way to save during the game (like at the end of each chapter, etc). The manual didn't seem to say much more than what I already wrote above, except it mentions using a tennokoe card for additional save space.
#6
Really? Why would it have a "continue" option then? That's so weird. So you always had to start a new game and then open the file from there?
#7
Right, I know that. I read the instruction book. Let's say I save to the blue sphere. Once I shut the system off and power it back on, If I choose "continue" and select the blue sphere, it says that there is no save and begins the game from the beginning. Then once I begin a new game, I am able to bring up the status screen, choose "load", and my game is right where I left it.
#8
OK, so this is weird. I've begun playing Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu on the PCE. I'm able to save my progress as I go along, but when I turn off the system and come back to it, it says that there is no game save file. I checked what's been saved to the Duo, and I see the DSS.KAZE-0 file. So when I try the "continue" (つづきから), it tells me that there's no game save and starts me out from the beginning of the game. But if I load the game from the status screen, the progress is suddenly there.

So basically, the game won't recognize its own save files from the main title menu. But if I start a new game and load my progress from there, suddenly it works. Is this weird, or what? About a month or so ago, I had my friend replace all of the capacitors on my Duo because I'd lost the ability to save games to the system memory. I received a schematic from somebody on either this forum or on Racketboy and gave it to him. He ordered all of the parts and fixed it. Is this problem of Xanadu perhaps a result of this? He said that there was one big funky capacitor that he didn't change on the motherboard because it wasn't recommended, but  could this be the reason?
#9
No way. IT'S A TRAP!

Thanks guys. I'll talk to my Mr. EET friend and ask him to do the work.
#10
So which capacitors affect the game saves? Or would I need to replace all of them?
#11
I have tried resetting the internal memory and clearing it out, but I am no longer able to save game data. When I play Valis II, the screen is blank after level one where it should be asking me to save the game data. In Macross Eternal Love Song, it freezes up at the end of the level where it brings up the save screen.

So is this a capacitor replacement issue? My good friend is a DeVry graduate and does all sorts of crazy stuff for fun, and he modded my Game Cube with a region toggle. I was going to ask him to fix my Duo's flimsy AV output socket since it's very touchy and glitchy. If there's any work to be done, I think I can have him do it.

What do you guys think?
#12
I'm glad to see he's found a new location for his website. The links don't work though, since they are pointed back to his old domain name of darkcityproductions.com. Still, I'm glad to see a new home for the page and I hope he can restore it since it was a great source of information.
#13
I have attempted to contact the maintainer of one site that I miss, Darkcityproducions's Turbo Duo Page. This link is to web.archive.org's cache of the page. The guy had an awesome Valis website on that page. A lot of this stuff isn't surviving even on the web archive site. He had a great gallery of PC Engine CD-Rom error images that are not displaying in this cached version.

I pay for my own domain name and I have like a godzillion megabytes of storage space I'd never begin to fully utilize. I'd like to host this site as an archive on my own page. I've tried reaching out to the maintainer of this site, but even his hotmail account is gone.

Does anybody know what happened to darkcityproductions.com?