2/13/2025: Localization News - Cosmic Fantasy 3-4!

Rather earth-shattering news in the PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 community: Cosmic Fantasy 3 & 4 has been officially localized to English by Edia 30 years later for the Switch! Hard to believe! I know their script quality is poor given the 1&2 port but still good to see.
nintendo.com/us/store/products/cosmic-fantasy-collection2-switch/
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ilcmvvm

#1
I placed an order for one of those lcd screens.  Thanks for the link.  Oddly enough they look exactly the same.  Guess the guts or driver circuits of the lcds are different.  Thanks again.
#2
I managed to get the output to be in color on the tv.  Not sure what had a bad connection, I just removed all the wires and started from scratch.  Now the issue I have is the LCD will display a good picture for a second then freeze and turn white.  This happens on turbo express power and external power to the LCD.  Im using this lcd...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045IIZKU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which I have used in other projects with much success.  Any ideas?  Thanks for all the help so far.
#3
I just modded my turbo express with thesteve's composite mod to run a larger lcd screen.  I managed to safely lift the required pins and ground them.  I attached wires to the appropriate pins, added the resistors, and build the amp with a 2n3904 transistor.  It appears to work but the picture is black and white.  I'm currently sending the composite signal to a normal crt tv before trying to wire up the lcd.  Did I kill my turbo express? :(  Any help is appreciated.