The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - lkermel

#1
Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/05/2018, 03:36 PMCaught up with the June update :-) Great work, as always.
Thank you mate!!!! :)
#2
Quote from: NightWolve on 06/11/2018, 08:01 PMOh, it's you, you have an account here (been here 13 years I see)! I snagged some Final Blaster screenshots from your site some days ago, but had no idea you were a member. Thanks for the updates! :)

You've got a great page format, very informative, pretty, etc. I'll say that, but...one block wall-o-texts need to be broken up into paragraphs though. ;)
Hi  NightWolve!

Yes, you're right, I've been around the forum for a long whiiiile, but I've been really busy with my side projects and my work, this is why I haven't been posting much these days... you're very welcome to use any screenshot from the website! Or any information you find there :)

About the paragraphs, do you think I should break down the game's descriptions into paragraphs for a better read? My website has evolved a lot throughout the years (I started a long time ago, around 2003 I think), so you're right, maybe I should edit parts of it. Please don't hesitate to send me more feedback, I'm always looking to improve things :)

Thanks again for your awesome feedback, I really appreciate it!
#4
Wow! my thread went on a long tangent and some drama while I was away ;)

@Sarumaru
So cool! I didn't know MS was on the Capsule 5! I'll definitively look at it this evening! Which totally shows the game could run on a SCD without any issues.

@esteban & @Koa Zo
I also assumed for the longest time that the AC was used for the cinemas and cutscenes in MS. But finding this hidden screen got me to think... why scrap such a cool warning screen and only use a simple and obviously rushed screen instead? This is why I tend to share the same opinion as Koa Zo, I have the feeling that MS was bumped to AC fairly late in the dev process so that there would be more product supporting that format... but it's just a wild guess.
#5
Hi everyone,

While updating the review of Mad Stalker on my site, I bumped into something very interesting I would like to discuss here. I've always found weird that Mad Stalker was an Arcade Card game - I feel that it could have totally worked with a Super System Card (and many people seem to share that idea). Anyway, I noticed that there are two hidden screens in the game, and one of them looks like a Super System Card v.3.0 warning screen - was Mad Stalker originally designed as a Super System Card game? And was maybe changed at the last minute for technical or marketing reasons? The current system warning screen in the game feels really cheap and that hidden one would have been much better - could it be because the Arcade Card move was a last minute decision? What do you think?

Here's the review page with images of what I think is the Super System Card v.3.0 warning screen:

Mad Stalker - PC Engine

IMG IMG

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
#6
Hi everyone!

Here's a new update and manual:

Mad Stalker - PC Engine


@esteban
Thanks! I would love to see and play the Famicom version of Legend of Hero Tonma. It is such a shame that it was cancelled, because it looked virtually finished... I wonder why Irem decided to can it... the same thing happened with Meikyu Jima, well, the other way around actually, it was released for the Famicom but the PC Engine version was cancelled. So weird...
#7
Hi everyone!

Here's a new update with more manuals:

Legend of Hero Tonma - PC Engine
Saint Dragon - PC Engine

For anyone interested, the Legend of Hero Tonma page also has images for the unreleased Famicom version, including ads -  the game was surprisingly not released despite being nearly finished from what I can tell. Enjoy!
#8
Ah ah, you got me here SuperPlay ;)

Yeah, it was too late last night to post about this new update, my brain was swimming in jello  :wink:  I played Lady Sword all the way to the end and added a couple of goodies to the review page, such as a bestiary, I'm still really impressed by the amount of enemies in this game!

@Bardoly
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate your awesome feedback! I've been really busy on other personal projects, but I always work on Video Game Den in the background and add new goodies here and there. I wish I had more free time and add new reviews more frequently.... oh well...
#9
Hi everyone!
Sorry for the slow updates, but I have been really busy working on side projects and especially my own video game (!) . But I haven't forgotten about Video Game Den and here is another review! I've meant to add Terra Cresta II to the list of PC Engine games for a looong time. Here it is!!!!

New review & manual:

Terra Cresta II (PCE)
http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?te2

Yo!
#10
Yeah, I'm not rich, far from it. Just been saving a lot and decided to finally purchase some of the games I've always wanted - I have to say, I've been collecting for a very very long time, and the feeling of finally touching and owning a copy of Darius Alpha is fairly intense  :D
#11
Ah ah! Yes, I went a bit crazy, but I thought that it was time for me to get those games I've always wanted... So I got Terra Cresta II (review coming next), Darius Alpha and the specials I was missing, PC Genjin 3 Taikenban, Bomberman Users Battle and.... The Power League gold HuCard :)
#13
Quote from: schweaty on 04/12/2015, 10:32 AMis there a Sidearms manual scan floating around somewhere?
I have one here (look at the bottom of the review page, in the Omake section):

Side Arms Hyper Dyne Review

Hope this helps :)
#14
Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback!!! I haven't been able to work on the site too much, way too busy at work! But I recently purchased a lot of the 'crazy rare' games I was missing in my collection, so I'll try to post new reviews and pics soon.

Here's a new update and new manuals for you :)

Hanii in the Sky (PCE)
http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?his

Hanii on the Road (PCE)
http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?hor

@SuperPlay
Thanks for posting the update, I wonder how I missed posting it here... gettin'old I guess ;)

@esteban
I love fighting my way to the end of these games in hopes of finding out who created them. I also use this information all the time - this is why, a few years back, I thought that I should really share all of this information with others. I'm glad you find it useful - I'll carry on digging :)

@toktogul
Thank you :)
#15
New review and manual:

Sylphia - PC Engine

Ya!

@ceti alpha
My new job has been keeping me really really busy, and yet I manage to update my website from time to time - I just CAN'T STOP playing with my PC Engine :)
#17
Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/17/2013, 12:22 AM
Quote from: lkermel on 05/15/2013, 06:47 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/15/2013, 08:31 AMThere's actually 5 star elements on the final planet and you can get a headstart on collecting them by beating the Boss of the previous planet. The rainbow necklace automagically unlocks secret road for you if you are lucky enough to find it.
hoobs88! This is awesome!!!! There are 5 !?!?! Please, please, would you know how to find them all? I would be eternally grateful :D
I accidentally picked up the 5th star before I could take a photo of it but here are the first 4 stars...
Gotta pick up the stunned robot and huck him at the star element (and get the potion along with it but it is impossible to clear the bonus stage)
The Vampire and the Revenge of Doh head do a good job of guarding this star element.
:shock: This is awesome!!! Thank you hoobs88!!!!
I totally don't remember seeing so many stars in the last world! Thank you so much! I think I'll play the game again this week end :D
I'm curious though, are you playing the US Turbografx-16 version or the original Japanese HuCard?
#18
Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/15/2013, 08:31 AMThere's actually 5 star elements on the final planet and you can get a headstart on collecting them by beating the Boss of the previous planet. The rainbow necklace automagically unlocks secret road for you if you are lucky enough to find it.
hoobs88! This is awesome!!!! There are 5 !?!?! Please, please, would you know how to find them all? I would be eternally grateful :D
#19
I second that! Parasol Stars is awesome and much better than Don Doko Don in my book. And the two player-mode is a bomb!
I also advise you to unlock the extra worlds (Bubble Bobble World and Chack'n Pop world) if you can - it is really tricky to do, you have to complete the game with three miracle stars in stock. This is hard because the last world only contains two, so you have to save one before you reach it (at least I think so, never managed to find more that two stars in the last world myself, but maybe a third one exists). These extra worlds also lead to the real ending of the game :)
#21
@Tatsujin
Thanks mate!!!!!! I couldn't find hard data about this version of BM'94 being given away at a caravan tournament, this is why I left it open. But I think you're right, I also believe it was featured at some sort of Hudson tournament (although, Hi-Ten Bomberman was the competition game for the caravan tournament in 1993 and 1994...right?...). Would someone on the forum have some evidence of that ?... that would be fantastic !!! :)

@esadajr
Thanks for your great feedback! I've added more information over the years and been updating some of my old reviews - I still have TONS of PC Engine magazines to scan and read (or decipher as my Japanese is still basic)!! So there will be a lot more coming soon :)
#22
Yo !

I have some information on my site about this promotional game:

http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?b94

And its little brother:
http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?bde

I believe they currently go for around $50/$60 a piece (on average) on auction sites. As Black Tiger said, they are more collector items than anything else, really...
#23
Sorry, I usually don't have enough time to take part in the conversations on the forum (too much work and things going on). However, I've recently uploaded Magical Chase ads you may find interesting. They, I believe, explain how to order the Fan Edition - the double-page ad came from a PC Engine Fan I think, and the other was in a Weekly Famitsu:

http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?mac

They are in the 'Omake' section, at the bottom of the review page.
I can also add pictures of the PC version - but as far as I remember, it is identical to the Japanese HuCard game (even the CD tracks are identical to the HuCard game as far as I can tell). SuperDeadite, I'm really curious about the Magical Chase CD you mentioned - I have never heard about it, which is usually enough to wet the appetite for more!!!! I need to do some research on this... :)

I love when we dig out some old threads like this one :D
#24
New update and manual:

Strider Hiryuu - PC Engine

@SuperPlay
Thanks mate! I've been updating a lot of old reviews (some are over ten years old!). I still have a lot to go through... I also have tons of Japanese PC Engine ads/info to scan and add to the site :)

@HardcoreOtaku
Thank you so much for your support!!! I'm so glad you like the site. Although it is all 'niche' information, I sometimes wish VGDen was more popular... but this still hasn't prevented me from incessantly working at it :D
#26
More updates and manuals:

Dragon Spirit - PC Engine
Dragon Saber - PC Engine

@Bardoly
Thanks a lot maaaaaaate :D
#27
Great find SuperPlay !!!!

You know, you are giving my brain a well deserved rest today - this image has been haunting me for years. I remember seeing that illustration in a French magazine, and when I found the pirate, I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't find it at all ! Thanks for sharing this find, I'll definitively add this information to the site !

By the way, I've recently discovered that Google image search can use images as a source for a search. So I entered the illustration from my webpage and Google found the game ! I'm always amazed by this new feature...
#28
New update and manual:

Cyber Core - PC Engine

@Obfuscate
Yahooo ! It's always a good day for me when someone likes and uses the site. Thanks a lot Obfuscate for your awesome feedback and I'm so glad you find the site and its content useful :D
#29
Thanks a lot SuperPlay :)
My free time is currently rather scarce, but I still love spending a couple of hours a week on the site, adding or updating reviews here and there, so there's more PC Engine love to come ! :D
#31
Added manuals for Bouken Danshaken Don (PCE), Bravoman (PCE) and Burning Angels (PCE)

Ya !
#32
New update and manual:

Don Doko Don - PC Engine

@SuperPlay & JoshTurboTrollX-16
Thanks a lot mates, I really appreciate your feedback !!!! I've been going a lot more in depth with the reviews and extra information, and have been doing a lot more research (I have a bunch of old PC Engine mags now with a lot of information in them). I find this era of video gaming absolutely fascinating :)
#33
Count me in for Dino Force - I'm ready to put $100
#34
New update and manual:

Circus Lido - PC Engine

I've also added some information about the medal/key-chain that was given away to the first 500 players who managed to complete the game. Personally, I've never seen one of those, they are probably still in a box somewhere considering how poorly the game sold back in 1991 (I'm assuming...)
#35
Thanks Bernie Lindell for supplying more Turbografx-16 manuals !!! Bloody Wolf, Cadash, Cratermaze and Ordyne !
#37
You bet ! I've been going really slowly though (life has been keeping me really busy), but I still upload new game reviews and manuals, slowly, one at the time :)

I didn't have time to work on a new review this week... so instead I uploaded more Japanese PC Engine manuals - Afterburner II, Aoi Blink, Atomic Robo Kid, Ballistix, Bloody Wolf, The Kung Fu and Ordyne !
#38
This is interesting, are there French "posters" similar to the one I posted on Bomberman:

http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?bom

Scroll down, and click on the last pic form the 'Omake' section on the page.
If they are, then they are the instruction manuals that the company "Sodipeng" produced and included in every PC Engine game 'officially' imported in France. And I wouldn't be surprised if they found their way to Canada at some point :)
But no TTI game were imported in France though, only Japanese PC Engine games, so this is really interesting indeed...
#39
Thanks Bernie Lindell for supplying more Turbografx-16 manuals !!! Dungeon Master, Forgotten Worlds, Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder and Monster Lair !!!
#40
Great read, as always Paul !!!! :)
#41
Wow, I'm also speechless... wait until someone puts a VGA grade on that receipt ;)
#42
Thanks Bernie Lindell for supplying the Turbografx-16 manuals for Aero Blasters, Airzonk, Alien Crush, Bomberman, Bonk's Revenge, Bonk's Big Adventure, Devil's Crush, Dragon's Curse, Jackie Chan, Neutopia, Neutopia 2, RType, Shockman & Veigues Tactical Gladiator !!! Yo !
#43
Hi Bernie !

I didn't realize you had a thread going in this section of the forum. Again, thank you so much for scanning these manuals !!! Keep up the great work mate !!!! :)
#44
You're welcome mate !

Update and manual:

Bomberman'94 - PC Engine
#46
New review and manual:

Battle Lode Runner - PC Engine

Also added American Turbografx-16 manuals for Deep Blue, Galaga'88, Gunhed, PC Genjin, Space Harrier & Tiger Road  :D
#49
Waoo, these MSX sleeves are really neat ! And they really make the Special Hucards look great !
#50
I always assumed that none of the special Hucards came with neither a box nor manual, however, I bumped into these auctions on Yahoo Japan :

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m98833889
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162289725

Would you know if they are just custom made ? Or are they the real deal ?...