Hi!
Also brand new (joined this very day)!
I recently bought my friend's entire PC Engine collection, who was looking to get rid of it for a while apparently. Maybe I should point out (since in retro gaming communities people always seem to be sad to see one of their own go) that he didn't want to sell it because he got bored of it. Because he's still very enthusiastic about so many of the games, recommending me all kinds of stuff. ;-) He just doesn't have time for it anymore.
Anyway, my newly acquired setup is the original white PC Engine, with the Interface Unit and CD-ROM² Unit. Also have a Super CD-ROM² Unit and an Arcade Card Pro. And some games of course.
I wasn't familiar with the system or its games at all tbh. I've never owned a console in the 8, 16, 32 or even 64-bit era. (But I've been collecting for MSX and for SEGA Mega Drive for some time now.) So I've been researching the PC Engine in recent weeks, and seems like there's quite a bit to discover! Looking forward to reading up on it a bit more here on the forums.
Also brand new (joined this very day)!
I recently bought my friend's entire PC Engine collection, who was looking to get rid of it for a while apparently. Maybe I should point out (since in retro gaming communities people always seem to be sad to see one of their own go) that he didn't want to sell it because he got bored of it. Because he's still very enthusiastic about so many of the games, recommending me all kinds of stuff. ;-) He just doesn't have time for it anymore.
Anyway, my newly acquired setup is the original white PC Engine, with the Interface Unit and CD-ROM² Unit. Also have a Super CD-ROM² Unit and an Arcade Card Pro. And some games of course.
I wasn't familiar with the system or its games at all tbh. I've never owned a console in the 8, 16, 32 or even 64-bit era. (But I've been collecting for MSX and for SEGA Mega Drive for some time now.) So I've been researching the PC Engine in recent weeks, and seems like there's quite a bit to discover! Looking forward to reading up on it a bit more here on the forums.

