10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

So US congress to pass internet censorship law among other internet laws

Started by RegalSin, 01/12/2012, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegalSin

So asides with Bush II signing bills to make electronic
transactions taxable ( that warning from paypal ). Many websites on the net will be blocked, in order to combat piracy :-".

My take on this.

By law anybody can in fact force a person legally not to use their artwork, on a persons website. I know for a fact Sorayama ( pin-up artist ), Artwork was uploaded, and he won a lawsuit against a website for displaying his work on a website.

This is okay by me, because I am an artist.

This new law, basically states if you do the above, instead of going threw a lawsuit the govement will just swoop in and block the website, or any other piracy website.

This is not okay by me, because this could mean anything at all. Usage of imagery, to a person singing a musical number, or usage of a song or image that is copyrighted.

Why are they doing this? Because for years

DVD + Cheap - VHS - VCR + Computer + DVD reader - region
+ cheap highspeed internet = no way to prevent a person from moving sound, image, or any kind of electronic stored data =
around = what they call piracy, and what is what you get for using
a crappy storage known as DVD.

In my area, streets that have miles of VHS, DVD, LD-rom, and Video
etc has turned into crime scenes. Hanging around in those places is not advised. Basically back in the 1990's the only reason people ever wented outside was to shop at Video stores. Going to video stores was one of the most greatest feats, and joys during those years.

IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ApolloBoy

IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/12/2012, 12:05 PMThis new law, basically states if you do the above, instead of going threw a lawsuit the govement will just swoop in and block the website, or any other piracy website.

Why are they doing this?
Here's a motive:
"When the explosion in social networking helped topple 
repressive regimes last year, governments worldwide took 
notice, stepping up efforts to limit public Internet access."

-Discover Magazine, Jan. 2012  link

If you give people access to uncensored news they tend to get pissed off and change things.  Cops are now using high-powered flash lights with strobe effects to prevent their brutality against demonstrators from going viral.
Topic Adjourned.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Net Neutrality is going to be the defining issue of my lifetime.  The Internet is the best way that the oppressed can make a widespread social change.

Arkhan Asylum

remember that googley eyed , chubby slut that was gonna nail people to promote net neutrality  ?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2012, 12:35 AMremember that googley eyed , chubby slut that was gonna nail people to promote net neutrality  ?
Nope. Pics?
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 01/14/2012, 12:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/14/2012, 12:35 AMremember that googley eyed , chubby slut that was gonna nail people to promote net neutrality  ?
Nope. Pics?
+1....    1,000,000

thesteve

Arkhan Asylum

TheClash603

Well, if that relatively attractive girl wants net neutrality, how could we deny her?

thesteve

the problem is there are some well established high dollar lobbyists that want the web dead as it makes their company's no longer relevant.

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

thesteve

OldRover

Well, it's not as defeated as we had hoped. And there's still PIPA to deal with. SOPA has simply gone back to the drawing board; it's still very much a threat.

RegalSin

The problem is not people using the internet. It is the usage of

DVD
Widescreen ( Kingsview )
Cell phone
Highspeed internet
Cable service

DVD are able to read on a computer, along with Blu-Ray. No matter what space any idiot can convert the file, to a smaller type. Hell even VCD has been perfected. With VHS you are forced to buy expensive hardware, and storage measures.

Widescreen greatest flaw is the display of 4.3 which is the television standard. Unlike films television, animation, are shaped like a blank sheet of printing or writing paper. It looks odd. Widescreen is also a problem because the curtain and stage is missing from it.

Cell phones make people think that owning data is value  . Right now some dumb five year old to fifty year old kid thinks a celluar phone programs ( apps/applications ) are real objects. They are probably staring at them right now like the way we stared at our game systems.

Highspeed internet. Duh 60 dollars is too cheap. We need to make it 120 dollar for highspeed internet. Because duh the only purpose is uploading data.

Cable service is another problem, because they switched from Analog to digital, every idiot thinks
they need cable television because they still do not even know how to use a converter box.

Speaking of A to D, that move was just to force people to use the internet, and buy flatscreens. Even flatscreen televisions are a problem.

Digital is also stupid, because what they are not telling is that people are still broadcasting in Analog, but for other purposes. We do not even need digital.

Any moron can actually just install sattelight dish on their window and pick up channels from around the world. Astronauts can even pick up television and radio from space.

Knobs were also better then buttons, because you are
can tune into millions of channels with the turn of a dail.
One channel appear right to the next channel, in a split second. Nob televisions were tuned into a set limitation of channels. Even those giant boxes from the 1970's that looks like giant sound recorders was limited.
IMGIMG

Bernie

How dare you suggest they increase my broadband from 60 to 120?!  Ugh, no fucking way man.

thesteve

its a simple case of a monopoly based business being threatened by freedom.
the monopoly's were right to say people would notice if they shut down.
what they failed to mention is that after people noticed, they would shrug it off and go watch something on the web.
the only valid reason for MPAA and RIAA is the astronomical coast of producing records and film (a problem that was solved be technology years ago)

Shrapnoid

It doesn't matter. There are not enough people who care enough to do anything about it. They win, we loose. End of story.

Tatsujin

Close thread, close forum, close internet, close world, close universe, close anything beyond universe.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..