How much can i ask for my non-working PC Engine Duo?

Started by saturndual32, 04/13/2013, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturndual32

Hello. I have a PC Engine Duo that had sound problems. I tried to change the caps myself, but did a lousy job, and a diode thats part of the sound hardware blew up  ](*,) . Also, since opening it up, i think i discalibrated the laser, since now it struggles to play the games, something that wasnt a problem before i opened it up.
So the console plays hucards fine but now seems to need to calibrate the laser and need a complete cap swap allong with replacing a diode, because it plays no sounds.
I have the power source, the A/V cables, the arcade card duo and a loose hucard of Gunhed. No controllers. How much could i get for it?
Thanks i advance.

turboswimbz

ehhhhh depends where you trying to sell it, how much time your willing to wait. ect. 

1. why not just ask for offers here, I'm sure you'll get a more than decent offer.

2. Or pop over to the mod section and have someone here help you fix it, or fix it for you.

3. To answer your question though based on what I've seen recently (and mind you this is unscientific) I'm guessing around $100 - $150 for the system, $20ish for the card - $30ish if complete, and gunhed loose maybe $5. $125 - $185 Range.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

saturndual32

Really?, between 100 and 150 dollars for the console in those conditions?. Thats better than i expected, but i guess that a person that is capable with a soldering iron could leave the unit as good as new.
I was thinking about shipping it to get it fixed, but the shipping costs to send it and then send it back, turned me down. Besides i got a cheap PCE a few months back and i am very happy right now with it.
Anyone interested on it?, i am in Mexico by the way, so that people can calculate the shipping costs all the way to their locations.

turboswimbz

Quote from: saturndual32 on 04/13/2013, 07:49 PMReally?, between 100 and 150 dollars for the console in those conditions?. Thats better than i expected, but i guess that a person that is capable with a soldering iron could leave the unit as good as new.
I was thinking about shipping it to get it fixed, but the shipping costs to send it and then send it back, turned me down. Besides i got a cheap PCE a few months back and i am very happy right now with it.
Anyone interested on it?, i am in Mexico by the way, so that people can calculate the shipping costs all the way to their locations.
Yeah for better or worse here in the states they go for  working no caps done about $250 - $300 USD at the moment on the net and in a lot of stores.  On the forum it's a bit cheaper no doubt. And I wouldn't guarantee that someone will offer that much, but there is a good chance you'd get that much if you tried. The US turbo Duos just don't pop up often at a cheap price.  I'm sure someone here will offer you something decent, maybe one of the modders or something.

and Yeah the PCEs are nice!
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PunkCryborg

I wouldn't spend more than $50 for a console in that shape personally.  A black pce duo that's working but uncapped can be had for $150 any day as it is.

turboswimbz

true punk.  I'm just assuming an eBay listing would bring 100-150.  Here on the forum I expect that the offers might be something closer to you. Also I screwed up and read that as a US DUO.  yeah a PCE DUO is closer to 50 bucks.

CrackTiger

Fully working PCE Duos are often listed on eBay with BIN of $100 - $150.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esadajr

Unless you live close to the border and have a PO Box, your best bet is to try to repair it. As you mentioned, shipping costs will kill you. Selling it in Mexico may be an option, unfortunately, the retro market is really limited.
Gaming since 1985