@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

asemasterautotechnician should be boycotted by PCEFX!

Started by PunkCryborg, 09/10/2013, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/asemasterautotechnician/m.html?item=190896150905&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c724c1979&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm sure most of us know of this guy and see his listings on Ebay. For those of you who don't know he guts PCE games for their cases. He then sells them for the same price as a complete game with just the loose game and manual. Then re uses them for Turbo game cases with custom labels and sells the cases for $15 alone!!

I'm sick of seeing this, complete PCE games shouldn't be harvested for their cases! There are alternatives many here have demonstrated to make nice custom cases for your loosies!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/10/2013, 11:05 PMI'm sick of seeing this, complete PCE games shouldn't be harvested for their cases!
It's really not anything new.  People around here have been stripping common games of their cases for a long time to use em as replacement cases.  Did you really think those Sparky labels were just going on original cases to replace old labels?
All is well. :)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/11/2013, 02:20 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/10/2013, 11:05 PMI'm sick of seeing this, complete PCE games shouldn't be harvested for their cases!
It's really not anything new.  People around here have been stripping common games of their cases for a long time to use em as replacement cases.  Did you really think those Sparky labels were just going on original cases to replace old labels?
Look through his listings though, Its not like hes doing this to like tv sporfs football or some peach boy mahjong game it's good p e games. Then the whole double dipping on selling the case and games separately for gouged prices is just not cool at all.

NecroPhile

What kind of short bus riders are buying his shit anyway?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

turboswimbz

I call for the Punkiccyborg save our PCE games telle-thon fundraiser!

I can see it now:
cue cheezy ripple fade in and upbeat music
 - - Every year too many PCE games have been stripped of there homes and sentenced to a life in a generic CD, case, or baseball sleeve, for nothing more than profit.   These games must be saved for the greater humanity.  Do you want your children to see a world without a physical copy of hatris to keep thier minds growing.  NO I say NO we can't stand for this.  and this folks is why we need your support, you generous donations will help many losse hueys find thier way back to there orginal casing homes.

music
 :-"OH! dont mess with our PCE games :-"

fades back to the pce forum

:D
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tggodfrey

Yeah I am suprised anyone actually buys from him.  Prices for just a case are downright nuts.  I admit some of the custom labels are a neat idea, not that they would be difficult or that I would own one.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

albatross

i have at least 5 custom cases that used to be keith courage cases - thanks to sparky they are now helping me complete my loose collection

OldRover

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/11/2013, 11:02 AMI call for the Punkiccyborg save our PCE games telle-thon fundraiser!

I can see it now:
cue cheezy ripple fade in and upbeat music
 - - Every year too many PCE games have been stripped of there homes and sentenced to a life in a generic CD, case, or baseball sleeve, for nothing more than profit.   These games must be saved for the greater humanity.  Do you want your children to see a world without a physical copy of hatris to keep thier minds growing.  NO I say NO we can't stand for this.  and this folks is why we need your support, you generous donations will help many losse hueys find thier way back to there orginal casing homes.

music
 :-"OH! dont mess with our PCE games :-"

fades back to the pce forum

:D
IMG
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Flare65

14.99 is too much for a case.  I'd be a buyer around three dollars, but thats me

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sparky

MrFlutterPie

Arkhan Asylum

Atlantean will likely be resting comfortably in that space. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Thing is are you going to sell the cases or do we have to buy multiple Atlanteans to gut them?  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MrFlutterPie

Yeah are you going to sell them by themselves?

It will help people from harvesting original cases.

TheClash603

I am definitely buying 10 copies of Atlantean and selling 9 of them as hu-card and instruction manual only on ebay.

Case looks nice!

Am I the only one that was just lazy and ripped the black backing out of normal CD jewel cases and put loosies in there with a sparky sticker?

turboswimbz

What ever happened to the dude who was working on making replacement cases????
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/13/2013, 05:09 AMI am definitely buying 10 copies of Atlantean and selling 9 of them as hu-card and instruction manual only on ebay.

Case looks nice!

Am I the only one that was just lazy and ripped the black backing out of normal CD jewel cases and put loosies in there with a sparky sticker?
I don't even do that.

I just put loose HuCards in cassette tape holders.  They fit perfectly.

sirhcman

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/12/2013, 09:59 PMYeah are you going to sell them by themselves?

It will help people from harvesting original cases.
this...

albatross

who has cassette tape holders?  i think they may be even harder to find than hu cases!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: albatross on 09/15/2013, 09:00 PMwho has cassette tape holders?  i think they may be even harder to find than hu cases!
Cassette tape cases?   Go to a thrift store and buy a bunch of cassettes for like, 10 cents each and there you go.

lol

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/16/2013, 07:22 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/16/2013, 06:43 PM
Quote from: albatross on 09/15/2013, 09:00 PMwho has cassette tape holders?  i think they may be even harder to find than hu cases!
Cassette tape cases?   Go to a thrift store and buy a bunch of cassettes for like, 10 cents each and there you go.

lol
Hmm, that's a good idea. Now we need to get Sparky started on the custom inserts!
I honestly prefer putting them in the cassette cases.  I sort of wish the games came like that in the first place, but the manuals would be like, retarded foldout posters if that were the case.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 07:22 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 06:43 PM

lol
Hmm, that's a good idea. Now we need to get Sparky started on the custom inserts!
Dude just use the hu cover template Seymouroinions made. It will be a way for yoi to add some of your artworking skills :)

I would link but i am on this mobile device.  It doesn't play well with searches of the forum.  And i am to lazy to uae google.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 07:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 07:22 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 06:43 PM

lol
I honestly prefer putting them in the cassette cases.  I sort of wish the games came like that in the first place, but the manuals would be like, retarded foldout posters if that were the case.
I guess you don't like the Lynx lol

MotherGunner

Ark still hasn't answered the question:  Will you sell these cases by themselves?
-MG

Arkhan Asylum

oh.  I have no idea.  Lets worry about that after you all get and enjoy the piss out of Atlantean.

MotherGunner

In that case (no pun intended), fixed. 

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2013, 10:55 PMGuys, guys.  It's going to be OK...maybe.  No promises, so don't go hoping and shit.

IMG
-MG

Arkhan Asylum

yeah they are like 50$ a pop to make.  Fuck that.

jelloslug

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/13/2013, 08:41 AMWhat ever happened to the dude who was working on making replacement cases????
Still working on it.  The new mill finally arrived at work so hopefully I can make some process on it.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 03:06 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/13/2013, 08:41 AMWhat ever happened to the dude who was working on making replacement cases????
Still working on it.  The new mill finally arrived at work so hopefully I can make some process on it.
AWESOME!  Thanks for the update.

Marll

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2013, 10:55 PMGuys, guys.  It's going to be OK.

IMG
But where's the clip!?  :wink:

The case looks great actually.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010