@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

A sad end to a possible cool score.

Started by syphic, 10/31/2013, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syphic

So recently a fan of my youtube channel reached out to me and stated that he had some promo & possible prototype games he had for over 15 years. Said he got em in a Turbo game lot years ago. He never got into the Turbo but had these laying around this whole time and finally wanted someone to check em out to see whats on em and maybe buy em. He sent me pictures and everything matched up. (pics below)

/1422341_10152090171071874_688765129_n.jpg

Met up with the dude so we could test em out. Brought my duo with me and a small lcd screen with inputs. Unfortunately he hadn't taken care of em too well. Shadow of the Beast and Shape Shifter had small scratches on the data side of the disks so both games would not load up at all. Buster bros and Forgotten worlds had small scratches on the bottom but no scratches to the data part. Kinda sad that we will never know what was on the Shadow and Shape discs. Would have loved to see how these differed if any to the finished products.  :cry:

Added pics of the bottom of the disks:
/1385976_10152094584751874_1182599012_n.jpg
/1455067_10152094584766874_1317588438_n.jpg
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

NecroPhile

Did you try to rip 'em with a computer?  A good pc drive will be far more tolerant of scratches.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

What of the other 2? were they awesomerer?  =P~
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Are you or your buddy even sure about those are real promo/protos?

seems to me like they're kinda all coming from the same batch, event the companies behind are totally different :-k

so non of the four discs worked in the end?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bob

Xak

Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Psycho Punch

As others have already said, if they're in your possession take it for polishing. It might work!

Quote from: Xak on 10/31/2013, 09:31 PMNEVER. GIVE. UP!

NEVER!!!!!
IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

syphic

2 of the discs, Forgotten Worlds and Buster Bros booted and played perfectly. The other 2 didn't want to boot. Took those 2 home with me and been trying to mess with them on my computer. Some how the disks have scratches to the top part of the disk. That's where the data is. If the scratches were on the bottom then I would just get em resurfaced. if you hold em up to a light you can see the light come right thru on the parts that have the tiny scratches. He let me keep the 2 busted disks to fiddle with em. Still debating buying the 2 that work. These cd's are not cdr's but actually pressed and have the #'s TGXCDxxxx on the bottom inner ring near the data like a hologram.
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

DesmondThe3rd

Hopefully you can save them all. I would love to see a video on them.

tggodfrey

handwriting looks way to similar like they were written by the same person.  i dont trust these are demos at all.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

With them being pressed discs with the expected "txcd" on the hub, what else would they be if not samples?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2013, 04:56 PMWith them being pressed discs with the expected "txcd" on the hub, what else would they be if not samples?
But I thought even demo/prototype media were simply burned back in the day (back when it was prohibitively expensive to have this gear). It doesn't make sense to press small batches (since burning discs alone would have been ridiculously expensive).

The txcd sounds too good to be true, have we confirmed the details behind other, legit demos/prototypes?

I never followed the details too closely (only now am I beginning to take interest in demo/proto stuff).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

syphic

I added pictures of the bottom of both discs that I have in my possession so you can see the Inner rings. Also says discs are manufactured by JVC.

NecroPhile

There's quite a few pressed PC Engine samples (most have a screened label or at least a sticker though), so I don't see why the Turbob couldn't have some too.  Them sporting the same handwriting could be explained by them being distributed blank (the case or sleeve had the name on it), and the guy that received 'em wrote on 'em, presumably a gaming rag reviewer.

Tatsujin

Yeah, was my thought too.

My idea is, since they have all same turbo brandings, that some guys at TTi or so did them state side to distribute
some shop displays or mag reviews.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..