12/23/2024: Localization News - Team Innocent

PC-FX Localization for Team Innocent is released, a pre-Christmas gift!! In a twist, it feels like the NEC PC-FX got more attention in 2024 than any other time I can remember! Caveat: The localizers consider the "v0.9" patch a BETA as it still faces technical hurdles to eventually subtitle the FMV scenes, but they consider it very much playable.
github.com/TeamInnocent-EnglishPatchPCFX
x.com/DerekPascarella/PCFXNews
Main Menu

Valis III goodness and badness

Started by motdelbuort, 04/12/2006, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

motdelbuort

I'm playing through Valis III for the first time and I'm mostly into it. There are some nice improvements over Valis II here. The graphics got a boost, and there's a lot more variety in the stages. But I'm stuck at this one part in the stage that looks like a Roman aquaduct. There are two pillars and you have to get over to the other one, but it seems like just a little too far to slide or jump. Does anyone know the part I'm talking about? Should I be trying to jump, or slide? Or am I missing something?

Keranu

You mean you haven't tried doing a jump or slide yet :D ? I believe you have to do a slide on that part, don't worry about not making it.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

motdelbuort

I've tried both and can't seem to make it.

/CD_BD6487C0-001.png

Here's the jump I'm talking about. Looks a little far.


/CD_BD6487C0-002.png

Here I am trying to slide. Obviously not going to make it.

/CD_BD6487C0-003.png

Here I am about to take a dip in the drink after trying to jump.



What gives? It seems like I'm jumping and sliding as close to the edge as I can get.

dairugger

if i remember correctly, each girl can jump differently... its been along time tho.... and your pressing up while jumping right? :-) if all else fails try gamefaqs.com i guess..

TurboXray

can you post the save state?

Paladin

That one took me a little while to figure out. Use the blue magic on those flying enemies as they try to cross (or any enemy in the middle for that matter) and it will freeze them. Then you jump on them and use them to get to the next pillar. It gets old real fast as they like to throw out extra enemies later on to snipe you, but its a Valis game so you can't expect it to be easy.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

motdelbuort

Quote from: PaladinThat one took me a little while to figure out. Use the blue magic on those flying enemies as they try to cross (or any enemy in the middle for that matter) and it will freeze them. Then you jump on them and use them to get to the next pillar. It gets old real fast as they like to throw out extra enemies later on to snipe you, but its a Valis game so you can't expect it to be easy.

Success! It didn't take me long to get stuck again though, at the part where you have to repeatedly hit the bell while avoiding constant attacks. It will be a while before I get past this.