RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Darkwing TurboGrafx - WANTED

Started by g40rocket, 05/04/2015, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g40rocket

Hello everyone,

If anyone have the Darkwing for sale please let me know.

Thanks,

Miguel
IMG

Warbucks

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: g40rocket on 05/04/2015, 06:59 PMHello everyone,

If anyone have the Darkwing for sale please let me know.

Thanks,

Miguel
here is a HuCard only for $85. These are usually selling for $100+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Darkwing-Duck-FREE-SHIPPING-NEC-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/261830584455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf651a887

you can get the case, manual and case label right here on this forum

good luck

SignOfZeta

Man, it took me years to get rid of this utter piece of shit. I think I eventually talked NecroPhile into buying it or doing a trade. It's so so terrible.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/05/2015, 12:20 AMMan, it took me years to get rid of this utter piece of shit. I think I eventually talked NecroPhile into buying it or doing a trade. It's so so terrible.
I was so eager to play this a few years ago. I picked it up sealed really cheap.

I can't believe they released it as-is.

My goal is to beat the damn game, but, to be honest, there are other games that are far more fun for masochists.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

I can do you quackshot on mega drive instead ?

g40rocket

Thanks for the ebay tips but that price are simply insane.

A few days ago i losted a bid at Ebay, the darkwing hucard (loose) ended at 33 usd but my problem was the charges from Global Shipping Program that was around 40 usd for shipping and charges so i quit.
IMG

albatross

QuoteHi Miguel,

I have a Darkwing Duck in sleeve with manual. The price is quite high, but this is a special Darkwing Turbografx. You see, this was the Darkwing that was owned by Pope Francis and has a special blessing that gives the owner confidence.

PM me if interested. Asking $299 or 5 jo crystals.

Sincerely,

Carlos
I've been looking for the pope francis one for a while ... pm incoming!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: g40rocket on 05/05/2015, 09:29 AMThanks for the ebay tips but that price are simply insane.

A few days ago i losted a bid at Ebay, the darkwing hucard (loose) ended at 33 usd but my problem was the charges from Global Shipping Program that was around 40 usd for shipping and charges so i quit.
I did a quick search of what Darkwing Duck sold for/selling for/ and asking price on this forum. I found many threads where the price range for HuCard alone is $50 - $100. You will find it cheaper here but not by much. More than half sellers here sell the stuff for same prices like ebay. I'm not talking about the regular members here, just those come and go sellers.

So good luck finding it for under $50. If you do let me know.

BigusSchmuck

It's garbage, why would you want it? That money can be better spent on a everdrive and then you can play it to all your heart's content.

SignOfZeta

I agree. The only reason to own it is to brag about how bad you are with money, therefore looking for a good price is antithetical to the whole idea of owning it in the first place.

Let some other retard buy it and spend the money on ten good games instead.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 05/05/2015, 07:51 AMI was so eager to play this a few years ago. I picked it up sealed really cheap.
Same here.  I got it from that UK place that dumped a bunch of new Turbobs for le cheap (~$10), but it was a disappointment at any cost; the controls are just too turdy.  The nice backdrops, neat magnifying glass effect, cool cut scenes, and funky tunes can't save it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

o.pwuaioc

removed

Alt-Nintega

this game is also collectarded and overpriced for NES as well,  tho I heard nes version was actually good.

SignOfZeta

Quotethis game is also collectarded and overpriced for NES as well,  tho I heard nes version was actually good.
Yeah, it probably was. I'm not a huge fan of Disney games, but I've never played one half as bad as good old Cockwing Fuck for the Turbo Grafx 16.

Collision. It's so bad in this game. So bad.
IMG

Psycho Punch

I honestly don`t know how people manage to screw up rectangle intersect algorithms to make games that bad.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Pokun

Yes the NES game is a solid platform game. I used to play it as a kid.

g40rocket

IMG

geise

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/05/2015, 05:28 PMI agree. The only reason to own it is to brag about how bad you are with money,
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/06/2015, 04:14 PMyou guys just aren't playing it right.  game is easy and can be beat in less than 20 minutes if you give it a fair shake.
wow! that guy is really good!!

ddoubledee

Wow, talk about exploiting the game's faults! :O

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2015, 07:07 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 05/06/2015, 04:14 PMyou guys just aren't playing it right.  game is easy and can be beat in less than 20 minutes if you give it a fair shake.
Yeah, he seems like he would be an awesome PCEFX forums member.  :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2015, 05:46 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/05/2015, 07:51 AMI was so eager to play this a few years ago. I picked it up sealed really cheap.
Same here.  I got it from that UK place that dumped a bunch of new Turbobs for le cheap (~$10), but it was a disappointment at any cost; the controls are just too turdy.  The nice backdrops, neat magnifying glass effect, cool cut scenes, and funky tunes can't save it.
Holy crap! That must be the same person I bought from, too! I remember asking myself, "how did this many TG-16 games end up across the Atlantic?"

It doesn't make any sense :)

Even with the PAL TG-16, it doesn't make any sense.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Watching this video I'm struck by how much I this reminds me of a CDi game. The graphics are often times extremely good, but it plays so fucking bad. I didn't realize that they gave you enough life to just walk through %90 of the game without actively attacking or dodging anything.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/07/2015, 08:14 PMWatching this video I'm struck by how much I this reminds me of a CDi game. The graphics are often times extremely good, but it plays so fucking bad. I didn't realize that they gave you enough life to just walk through %90 of the game without actively attacking or dodging anything.
Heh, it really is like a CDi game. That's a great comparison.
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

I just beat Darkwing Duck.. I played it the way Nulltard said it was supposed to be played, he was right!

Alt-Nintega

he just proved right here that the game is easy as shit  =D>  =D>

plus decent graphics

I still don't see a $100 game here

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 05/07/2015, 01:53 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/06/2015, 07:07 PM
Yeah, he seems like he would be an awesome PCEFX forums member.  :lol:
=D>

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/07/2015, 09:41 PMI still don't see a $100 game here
Game value rarely has much of anything to do with game quality.  It's almost entirely about rarity, real or perceived.

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 05/07/2015, 07:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/05/2015, 05:46 PM
Holy crap! That must be the same person I bought from, too! I remember asking myself, "how did this many TG-16 games end up across the Atlantic?"

Here in the UK we had two very small influxes of TurboGrafx games. The first by Telegames when they planned to release their PAL unit around 1990. Then later when the USA Duo unit was released some were imported here along with games. Around this time I bought the USA Duo and played Darkwing Duck amongst the other USA HuCard exclusive games, I was unimpressed so I sold it and went back to my beloved Japanese PC Engine.
There was zero interest here in the TurboGrafx, none of it sold at all, hence why the small amount we had in the country sat new unsold in a warehouse up until years later when eBay arrived it ended up on there.
Conversely when the Japanese PC Engine was released it was imported in large numbers and was very popular here. I think that's why Telegames thought their PAL TurboGrafx would work here because of the popularity of the PC Engine.
Even though it was a tiny amount I think the UK was the only European country that had TurboGrafx games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Otaking

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/08/2015, 11:08 AM
Quote from: esteban on 05/07/2015, 07:43 PM

Here in the UK we had two very small influxes of TurboGrafx games. The first by Telegames when they planned to release their PAL unit around 1990. Then later when the USA Duo unit was released some were imported here along with games. Around this time I bought the USA Duo and played Darkwing Duck amongst the other USA HuCard exclusive games, I was unimpressed so I sold it and went back to my beloved Japanese PC Engine.
There was zero interest here in the TurboGrafx, none of it sold at all, hence why the small amount we had in the country sat new unsold in a warehouse up until years later when eBay arrived it ended up on there.
Conversely when the Japanese PC Engine was released it was imported in large numbers and was very popular here. I think that's why Telegames thought their PAL TurboGrafx would work here because of the popularity of the PC Engine.
Even though it was a tiny amount I think the UK was the only European country that had TurboGrafx games.
I've never heard of any UK boxed games.  Do you recall if the games were packaged differently than the US releases ?  Like the Canadian games were US with an additional french manual, sometimes a box that had french text on the back, and sometimes a sticker over the UPC.
The games we had here were just the USA TurboGrafx ones, there was no regional difference that I'm aware off. If Telegames had been successful with their PAL TurboGrafx console then things might of changed, almost definitely there would of been new games developed in the UK.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

I bought at least a dozen titles from the UK and they were all the same as NA boxes.  I don't recall how many were Canuckler ready, but I know for certain that at least Darkwing Duck was.

Alt-Nintega

hmm, Euro games were region free? So that means PAL grafx could play both US and Euro games while US grafx could only play US game?

I could have sworn I seen a thread where the discussion is how to convert Pal grafx into playing US games. I'm a bit lost can someone explain what unit plays what games?

Otaking

Quotehmm, Euro games were region free ? So that means PAL grafx could play both US and Euro games while US grafx could only play US game ?

I could have sworn I seen a thread where the discussion is how to convert Pal grafx into playing US games. I'm a bit lost can someone explain what unit plays what games ?
There were no PAL TurboGrafx games made. The games in the UK were just the USA ones imported.
The USA games worked in the PAL console but when played in that console ran at 50hz with black borders top and bottom of the screen.
I'm not sure but I'm assuming the thread you're referring to was about making the PAL TurboGrafx run in NTSC which is 60hz and no borders, as the games were originally intended to.

Alt-Nintega

ahh yes that's what it was, a thread that converted the PAL units to play PCE games. I remember now. There were no such thing as PAL HuCards. Come to think of it now, I should have snatched one of those Euro units that were all over ebay a few years ago. I think they were only $100 new in box. ](*,)  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quoteahh yes that's what it was, a thread that converted the PAL units to play PCE games. I remember now. There were no such thing as PAL HuCards. Come to think of it now, I should have snatched one of those Euro units that were all over ebay a few years ago. I think they were only $100 new in box. ](*,)  ](*,)
There was a thread "TheSteve" had on converting the PAL unit to run games at the proper speed 60hz. It wasn't on doing a region mod, that can be done using any of the existing region mod methods since it's just a pinout change.
--DragonmasterDan

Otaking

QuoteCome to think of it now, I should have snatched one of those Euro units that were all over ebay a few years ago. I think they were only $100 new in box. ](*,)  ](*,)
Yeh on eBay all the PAL consoles seem to not be about anymore so now when they do come up for sale they get bid up higher.

I did notice some here though, http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/pce/pce.htm I've never used this store so I can't vouch if they're any good or not.

wildfruit

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/10/2015, 08:12 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/09/2015, 07:03 PMCome to think of it now, I should have snatched one of those Euro units that were all over ebay a few years ago. I think they were only $100 new in box. ](*,)  ](*,)
Yeh on eBay all the PAL consoles seem to not be about anymore so now when they do come up for sale they get bid up higher.

I did notice some here though, http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/pce/pce.htm I've never used this store so I can't vouch if they're any good or not.
I've used rob webbs store a few times. No issues. Though he seems to have upped the price of the console by £20 since I bought mine.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 05/07/2015, 01:53 AMYeah, he seems like he would be an awesome PCEFX forums member.  :lol:
LOL!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG