@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

On Nintendo Age, a new collectard is born

Started by Gentlegamer, 10/11/2015, 01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

Greetings!

I've decided that I want to start becoming a retro Nintendo collector focusing on just NES & SNES to start. Those are the systems I grew up playing. I recently purchased a Wii U and It's bringing back all those memories. I've always been a collector type of a person. Collecting MTG, Pokemon, Sports and Marvel trading cards since I was just a little kid. So this idea of collecting NES & SNES stuff is just really energizing and exciting to me. As of right now I have NOTHING lol. I'm going to try and hit up some garage sales hopefully this weekend to just get my collection started. I know I want to start with the most basic of things, like the Mario & Zelda games as an example. Obviously I need to sill get a the systems too. If you have any tips or ideas for me that would be great. Maybe some tips of forums, groups, facebook pages I should join?

Thanks so much!

Wew lads
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

o.pwuaioc

SignOfZeta

It's going to cost him like a million dollars to complete those sets by the time he finishes. I hope he learns some really powerful sleazy eBay shit along the way to help pay for it.

I love the logic: I really like playing Super Mario Bros on my WiiU. I think I'll drop tens of thousands of dollars on a complete set of like 1000 NES games, the vast majority of which are total shit and have more in common with a Dean Koontz book that a decent game. I have DECIDED this. I now have purpose.
IMG

NecroPhile

At least he's going for Nintendo stuff and not OBEY.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PukeSter

I'm really excited for a Nintendo Quest 2. ;)

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/11/2015, 12:38 PMAt least he's going for Nintendo stuff and not OBEY.
Hopefully not, but I'm sure he'll go after the Turbocharged Graphics-18 at some point.

Gentlegamer

There's also a dude offering a hot bundle of PCE games: PC Genjin 1-3 and Ninja Spirit. $150.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

geise

CrackTiger

Quote from: geise on 10/11/2015, 05:58 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/11/2015, 12:38 PMAt least he's going for Nintendo stuff and not OBEY.
Word 8)
Unfortunately, for most set collectors, it's the relatively small size of the  TG-16 "set" which attracts them and not nostalgia. Once they finish most of the worthwhile sets, they like to pick off stuff like the TG-16 just for the hell of it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

EvilEvoIX

He could be a re-seller falsifying his M.O. to try and get deals.  I run into these Jackholes all the time on Facebook who offer me pennies for some of my games  and pretend to be collectors when all they do is resell.  I hate these fucks more than cancer.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Gentlegamer

Good point. It's like a reseller "smurf account."
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/11/2015, 09:48 PMHe could be a re-seller falsifying his M.O. to try and get deals.  I run into these Jackholes all the time on Facebook who offer me pennies for some of my games  and pretend to be collectors when all they do is resell.  I hate these fucks more than cancer.
Well, in that case:

IMG

KnightWarrior

I collect, NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo, Saturn, PS, PS2

I don't go for Complete CIB's, I play my Games..I buy I want to play, Not to Collect just to go for Complete CIB or Cart Collection

Gentlegamer

Shouldn't you sell for less than ebay prices on NA?

wayback.nintendoage.com/forum/?threadid=153741

They come close to realizing what a mess they have made of the hobby.

But then, this gem of a post by some dude called DildoKKKobold:

As a counter point, if someone is willing to pay eBay, or near eBay prices, why would you charge less? Because of the community, that the buyer may not even contribute to? Because of "morality?" If someone is offering you 100% eBay, its hard to offer 75%.

Good thing we keep people like that off pcefx.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/12/2015, 10:00 PMShouldn't you sell for less than ebay prices on NA?

As a counter point, if someone is willing to pay eBay, or near eBay prices, why would you charge less? Because of the community, that the buyer may not even contribute to? Because of "morality?" If someone is offering you 100% eBay, its hard to offer 75%.

Lol, I saw this thread there today.  It's funny to hear the people complain about how there are no good deals because of resellers and other bottom feeders that swoop in and pick up all the deals just to drop them back on ebay at a huge profit.  I basically only offer deals to people I know anymore or in self-policing communities like PCEFX because of the same thing.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

Maybe it's because I loathe police, but I prefer "mob rule".
IMG

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/12/2015, 10:00 PMShouldn't you sell for less than ebay prices on NA?

Which is why I charge 120% of eBay here.

EDIT: "Gentle"gamer is just butthurt, because NA is getting sick of him just repeating his "COLLECTARDS! COLLECTARDS!" shtick.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Opethian

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/12/2015, 10:18 PMMaybe it's because I loathe police, but I prefer "mob rule".
fuck yea
IMG

Gentlegamer

IMG

crazydean

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/12/2015, 11:53 PMNow we're talking!
I watched Heavy Metal 2000 about 6 years ago, but I never really "got" it. Also, boobs.

esteban

Quote from: Opethian on 10/12/2015, 11:51 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/12/2015, 10:18 PMMaybe it's because I loathe police, but I prefer "mob rule".
fuck yea
I had that album on cassette. Excellent.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

majors

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/12/2015, 10:00 PMGood thing we keep people like that off pcefx.
Yep. With hate and mockery we throw out the weak and 'tard. Plus, isn't that what FB is for?

Gotta have thick skin and be able to laugh at oneself to belong here.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/12/2015, 10:57 PMWhich is why I charge 120% of eBay here.

EDIT: "Gentle"gamer is just butthurt, because NA is getting sick of him just repeating his "COLLECTARDS! COLLECTARDS!" shtick.
Cool story, brah.

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gentlegamer

[mistakenly posted this in the NintendoTwizer topic]

Nintendo World Championship 25th Anniversary Reproduction Auction

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=153882

Hurry up and bid on getting special numbered limited edition #1-10!

Bidding starts at $150.00

I dont mind resellers, but keep in mind that the note will be personalized to the winner.  The old NWC NA PRGE repro was resold shortly after it sold out (it sold out in 3 days) for about triple it's price.  It might seem expensive now, but it could pay off for you greatly in the future.
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/15/2015, 11:29 PMI dont mind resellers, but keep in mind that the note will be personalized to the winner.  The old NWC NA PRGE repro was resold shortly after it sold out (it sold out in 3 days) for about triple it's price.  It might seem expensive now, but it could pay off for you greatly in the future.
Vomit.

NecroPhile

Those Nintendo Age 'tards are falling all over themselves to pay hundreds for a repro of a turd....

C  R  A  Z  Y  !

CrackTiger

Unlike that flipper's priceless homemade collectible bootlegs, he is a worthless piece of shit.

Imagine what he will say he accomplished in life when reaches the gates to heaven.

"I made large profit margins pitting idiots against one another, all vying for the privelage of paying top dollar for my homemade bootleg video games. As such, I am highly respected at the nintendoage forum".

Seconds later he'll come face to face with this guy:

IMG

Who say "Go fuck yourself!"
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gentlegamer

Modern games aren't safe from the insanity. From a topic on "will you be getting Halo 5?"

I actually liked Halo 4, but I agree about MCC.  MCC absolutely RUINED the Halo franchise for me.  That game was unplayable, and yet I was so hyped to play it.  Biggest let down ever for me on release and I'm still bitter about it to this day.

I don't care if Halo 5 is reviewed 10/10 by every site across the internet, I won't be buying or playing.  Though ironically, to fulfill the collector in me, I may have to get a sealed Mint copy at some point to round out my VGA set of 1-4. I'll make sure to do that secondhand if I do.
IMG

NecroPhile

He'll buy a sealed mint copy but it'll be secondhand?  Da fuq?!?

Gentlegamer

Yeah I don't know what that means. Maybe it means wait until a new sealed copy is $5 like the copy of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance I bought recently.
IMG

Koop

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/11/2015, 04:07 PMThere's also a dude offering a hot bundle of PCE games: PC Genjin 1-3 and Ninja Spirit. $150.
Is that really overpriced or something? Sorry if that is a foolish question. I don't know any better because I am a newbie scrub.

Alt-Nintega

That thread here..your favorite "Turbo Swag" shows that there are collectards on every forum not just Nintendo Age.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

Thread started asking for NES game recommendations, OP already has several good ones.

I respond: play your games, write a review of each, then I'll give you another one. Someone tries to call me out, and OP responds with:

I have a good amount of time and money on my hands (I'm only 14, and I'm homeschooled, so that really gives me time) So I will beat all the games on the list( except for the bad ones like Hook and Karate Champ) But I'm just trying to get a good start at a large collection.

IMG

Koop

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/19/2015, 05:33 AMThread started asking for NES game recommendations, OP already has several good ones.

I respond: play your games, write a review of each, then I'll give you another one. Someone tries to call me out, and OP responds with:

I have a good amount of time and money on my hands (I'm only 14, and I'm homeschooled, so that really gives me time) So I will beat all the games on the list( except for the bad ones like Hook and Karate Champ) But I'm just trying to get a good start at a large collection.

A good amount of money? 14? Homeschooled? Ask when his parents got divorced.

Or recommend him to play Takeshi's Challenge to relive some memories.

o.pwuaioc

removed

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/19/2015, 03:10 AMThat thread here..your favorite "Turbo Swag" shows that there are collectards on every forum not just Nintendo Age.
I know you just love your "gotcha moments", but if you weren't such an insufferably stupid piece of shit, you'd realize that many of us mock ourselves and our collectarding ways on a regular basis.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/19/2015, 10:05 AM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/19/2015, 03:10 AMThat thread here..your favorite "Turbo Swag" shows that there are collectards on every forum not just Nintendo Age.
I know you just love your "gotcha moments", but if you weren't such an insufferably stupid piece of shit, you'd realize that many of us mock ourselves and our collectarding ways on a regular basis.
wow calm down. This is how moderator supposed to act? You are bad example.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/20/2015, 01:14 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/19/2015, 10:05 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/19/2015, 03:10 AMThat thread here..your favorite "Turbo Swag" shows that there are collectards on every forum not just Nintendo Age.
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/20/2015, 01:14 AMwow calm down. This is how moderator supposed to act? You are bad example.
Welcome to Fighting Street, cunt.

Tired shtick is tired.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/20/2015, 01:14 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/19/2015, 10:05 AM
Fighting Street in unmoderated.

The swag thread is people pointing out stuff they like, not just stuff they own.

Koop

QuoteWelcome to Fighting Street, cunt.

Tired shtick is tired.
/M3tZjtF.png

geise

Quote from: Psych Alt-Nintega on 10/19/2015, 03:10 AMwow calm down. This is how moderator supposed to act? You are bad example.
...and you are a tool.  O:)