OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anyone have an extra nickel for lunch money???

Started by airzonkrulz, 12/11/2016, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airzonkrulz

I continually am amazed (not judging - they have earned their money and can spend as they like) at the value some folks put on items..............

As the latest example with regard to our love of all things TG-16 - Not sure if anyone on this forum was following this auction that just ended on ebay tonight - but in summary - an AirZonk plastic lunch case and some freebies (Frisbee, HuCard holder, sunglasses, stickers) - just sold for over $1100 US -- ironically - it was only 2 bidders after $380 - (by definition the true market value) - they just rode each other's bids til the end --  wow -- that is a lot of money for some plastic -- best wishes - ron

link to the auction description: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-16-promo-lunchbox-case-VERY-RARE-/272474551073?hash=item3f70bfb321%3Ag%3AbQgAAOSw2xRYRLbb&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=dwuvFPBTCzzu8rSmjbNcLzlLb2Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

bob

Quote from: airzonkrulz on 12/11/2016, 09:43 PMI continually am amazed (not judging - they have earned their money and can spend as they like) at the value some folks put on items..............

As the latest example with regard to our love of all things TG-16 - Not sure if anyone on this forum was following this auction that just ended on ebay tonight - but in summary - an AirZonk plastic lunch case and some freebies (Frisbee, HuCard holder, sunglasses, stickers) - just sold for over $1100 US -- ironically - it was only 2 bidders after $380 - (by definition the true market value) - they just rode each other's bids til the end --  wow -- that is a lot of money for some plastic -- best wishes - ron

link to the auction description: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-16-promo-lunchbox-case-VERY-RARE-/272474551073?hash=item3f70bfb321%3Ag%3AbQgAAOSw2xRYRLbb&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=dwuvFPBTCzzu8rSmjbNcLzlLb2Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
i will be first to admit, i have never seen that.

HailingTheThings

I wanted to cry when I saw the final bid. Didn't think it would top $400.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: airzonkrulz on 12/11/2016, 09:43 PMI continually am amazed (not judging - they have earned their money and can spend as they like) at the value some folks put on items..............

I could easily fake all of the items in that auction. I am not saying that the items are fake, but without knowing their provenance, there is *no way in hell* I would offer more than a few bucks for each of them.

Stickers on generic items = pretty lame (I know TTi didn't have lots of money), but we have seen many other promotional items from TTi that were more "impressive"...

Now, would I want all of those Air Zone items?

OF COURSE I WOULD :)

Even if they were fake, I would have fun with them. Like gynt, I have never seen them before.

Sparky, and others, have expressed similar thoughts in the past... who has the awesome Magical Chase paintbrush that Sparky mocked-up? It is even more relevant now! Crazy, crazy times we live in.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

airzonkrulz

I could easily fake all of the items in that auction. I am not saying that the items are fake, but without knowing their provenance, there is *no way in hell* I would offer more than a few bucks for each of them.

I was thinking similar thoughts - a good few hours with Paint/Photoshop and a few nice high quality runs at Kinko's - you would have very similar "collectibles" - I had only heard of the HuCard holders in the past (in a magazine article I beleive) --

NecroPhile

I don't recall ever seeing these before either, and I agree that they look cheap and could easily be faked.   Assuming they aren't fake, someone at NEC probably had the sticker sheets printed (the one shown has one of each type used on the promo items), bought a bunch of cheap trinkets from some place like Oriental Trading Company, and applied the stickers himself; likely for shit to give away at CES, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Sounds like Tobias might be due to find a warehouse filled with various "legitimate original promotional items".

Otaking

pfft no Airzonk energy drink or collectors coin.. amature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Otaking on 12/12/2016, 09:27 AMpfft no Airzonk energy drink or collectors coin.. amature.
Instead of a rubber stake dildo, this CE could come with silicone moo moo milky tittehs.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DildoKKKobold

If you ever go to an auction at a convention, such as Game On or PRGE, stupid promotional shit sells for 3x what game shit sells for. Its insane what people will spend on ugly looking banners and posters. My friends like that shit, and I'm always shaking my head. We have a running joke, that you can't play swag.

Last PRGE, two people got in a bidding war over this -

http://barbarism.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/starfoxbanner.jpg

They started staring each other down when it passed $1,000. It ended at $1750. I don't think I'd pay $10.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

xcrement5x

Man, if people are paying this kind of money I should sell off those Bonk pins from E3 in the 90s that I re-found recently. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2016, 10:15 AMIf you ever go to an auction at a convention, such as Game On or PRGE, stupid promotional shit sells for 3x what game shit sells for. Its insane what people will spend on ugly looking banners and posters. My friends like that shit, and I'm always shaking my head. We have a running joke, that you can't play swag.

Last PRGE, two people got in a bidding war over this -

http://barbarism.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/starfoxbanner.jpg

They started staring each other down when it passed $1,000. It ended at $1750. I don't think I'd pay $10.
:lol:

you cant play swag

Keith Courage

I can say that those items are real. I received the same promotional pack when I was a kid at the Chicago Consumer Electronics Show. That was not my auction but they are indeed real. funny enough, it was the same Consumer Electronics Show shown in my avatar picture where I was wearing my TurboGrafx shirt.

also, that greenish looking case is a coin holder. Not a hu card case.

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/04/2017, 12:48 PMI can say that those items are real. I received the same promotional pack when I was a kid at the Chicago Consumer Electronics Show. That was not my auction but they are indeed real. funny enough, it was the same Consumer Electronics Show shown in my avatar picture where I was wearing my TurboGrafx shirt.

also, that greenish looking case is a coin holder. Not a hu card case.
Awesome. Thank you for corroborating that. Can you share the year of the Chicago CES?

Also: Do you have a larger version of your avatar image?

:)

bob

wow.  some moron really paid that much for that stuff?  I see the feedback for the seller and it looks like SOME MORON REALLY PAID that much for that stuff.

Collectardism jumped the line over collectaholism and went right to crack-head

Keith Courage

I can't remember what year for sure but I'm pretty sure that it was the year before the turbo Duo came out in the US. they were promoting the launch of the turbo Duo and Lords of Thunder pretty hard at the Ces show. I remember there being a few DUOs and whole bunch of Core grafx systems on display with games running on them to play.

I wish I had a larger picture of that. That's actually a picture from a turbo play magazine. I can't remember which issue.

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/04/2017, 05:22 PMI can't remember what year for sure but I'm pretty sure that it was the year before the turbo Duo came out in the US. they were promoting the launch of the turbo Duo and Lords of Thunder pretty hard at the Ces show. 

I wish I had a larger picture of that. That's actually a picture from a turbo play magazine. I can't remember which issue.
Oh, damn. Wasn't there an old thread where you shared this info (years ago). See, I *think* you did, but I might be confusing you with someone else.

Anyway, I'll check my scans of TurboPlay and see if I have a  proper, full-resolution of that image for you.

*crosses fingers*

Nulltard scanned nearly all the issues at a much higher resolution than the ones I did (a million years ago).

Keith Courage

QuoteOh, damn. Wasn't there an old thread where you shared this info (years ago). See, I *think* you did, but I might be confusing you with someone else.
Yeah, I can't remember which person here scanned it for me. Thank you to whoever did though.

jperryss

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/04/2017, 05:22 PMI wish I had a larger picture of that. That's actually a picture from a turbo play magazine. I can't remember which issue.
You probably saw this already but I found this with a reverse Google image search on your photo.
https://archives.tg-16.com/TURBOFORCE/TF-02-27.jpg

The rest of the issue is scanned here:
https://archives.tg-16.com/turbo_force_0002.htm

geise

These are awesome!   I pay with bitcoin, yes?

Koa Zo

Curiously, that "lunch box" appears to be the same white plastic case used for the limited edition white Sega Game Gear.

esteban

Quote from: Koa Zo on 01/08/2017, 12:12 AMCuriously, that "lunch box" appears to be the same white plastic case used for the limited edition white Sega Game Gear.
Ok, I don't even know what is happening anymore.

I never heard of this fabled, white Game Gear.

ALSO, I want to make my own lunchbox now.

Alt-Nintega

One could only hope that these bourgeois will give the lunch box to their spoiled brat of a kid. Most likely though, the precious box will be encased in glass display with a gold plated plaque. Capitalist bastards!  [-(

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 01/08/2017, 01:25 AM
Quote from: Koa Zo on 01/08/2017, 12:12 AMCuriously, that "lunch box" appears to be the same white plastic case used for the limited edition white Sega Game Gear.
Ok, I don't even know what is happening anymore.

I never heard of this fabled, white Game Gear.

ALSO, I want to make my own lunchbox now.
Only if it comes with a King Drool Thermos
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

esteban

Quote from: hoobs88 on 01/10/2017, 12:20 PM"Every action makes a powerful sound"
I know. TTi did not spare any expense promoting this game.