looking for advice of TG16 pick ups

Started by Glokas, 01/29/2017, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glokas

Hello again everyone,
.                           I've been searching on eBay Hard Core lookin for any Hu Card games and there are several that I really want. Lots of Shooters in particular.  Any suggestions on that? Cause eBay seems bit insane price wise and I'm looking for very specific games Plus a TED. I have money put aside for it, so I'm definitely ready to rock!!! I Absolutely AM NOT looking for hand outs. I can't say enough how much I love this site and the people on it. i was blown away by all the kind words and generous offers from so many people on my introduction post. I've felt right at home since day one and everybody has given me tons of awesome advice. Thanks again everyone.....Corey

CrackTiger

The Turbo library is small and overpriced. If you really want to buy original HuCards, just buy a PC Engine system and a bunch of games for the price of many individual TurboChips. Almost every game is cheaper on PC Engine. Even Soldier Blade is under $100.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 01/29/2017, 11:53 AMThe Turbo library is small and overpriced. If you really want to buy original HuCards, just buy a PC Engine system and a bunch of games for the price of many individual TurboChips. Almost every game is cheaper on PC Engine. Even Soldier Blade is under $100.
**Just buy an everdrive.

Screw buying real stuff unless you like hemorrhaging money.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Glokas

Oh yeah thanks guys, I was really thinking the same myself. The insane prices are a real turn off and since I already have the TG16 coming in, I was to got some more games, namely a TED. It seems like the best bet. I'm going to also get a PCE Duo so I can have it all, on only 2 consoles! It's just hard to find good deals in it on eBay. And since I'm very new here, I'm not sure many people are going to trust selling to me, right off the bat. Once it gets shipped here, I'm going to focus primarily on it and

Arkhan Asylum

Everdrive is the best game you can buy on PCE.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keith Courage

If you want real games then some of the cheaper U.S. shooters would be

Side Arms
Fantasy Zone
Cyber Core
Deep Blue
Galaga 90
Dragon Spirit

You should be able to find these on ebay for $20 or less providing you are patient and wait for an auction style listing not a buy it now.

synbiosfan

I'm using a Everdrive and cdrs for the most part. Add in physical copies of homebrew games and I can play pretty much anything.

Spend your money on hardware upgrades!

Glokas

I'll be sure to look for those $20ish titles and focus on the TED for now. I, of course, would love to have actual games but eBay is seriously insane in prices. I have a Splatterhouse and Ninja Spirit Hu Card coming in with the lot I bought recently but id love to have the case and Manual for them. Any ideas on a good way to find Case and Manuals only at a good price? I would even love having the outer boxes as well.

bob

Quote from: Glokas on 01/29/2017, 10:31 PMI'll be sure to look for those $20ish titles and focus on the TED for now. I, of course, would love to have actual games but eBay is seriously insane in prices. I have a Splatterhouse and Ninja Spirit Hu Card coming in with the lot I bought recently but id love to have the case and Manual for them. Any ideas on a good way to find Case and Manuals only at a good price? I would even love having the outer boxes as well.
repeat after me...

"I do not need boxes"
"Boxes serve no purpose"
"I will not pay a premium for cardboard"

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: gynt on 01/29/2017, 11:55 PM
Quote from: Glokas on 01/29/2017, 10:31 PMI'll be sure to look for those $20ish titles and focus on the TED for now. I, of course, would love to have actual games but eBay is seriously insane in prices. I have a Splatterhouse and Ninja Spirit Hu Card coming in with the lot I bought recently but id love to have the case and Manual for them. Any ideas on a good way to find Case and Manuals only at a good price? I would even love having the outer boxes as well.
repeat after me...

"I do not need boxes"
"Boxes serve no purpose"
"I will not pay a premium for cardboard"
Cardboard is for dumbass white people.

fuck that.

majors

TED is your best bet into the world of HuCards. Once you play them, if you fall in love with a title or two, then you can go crazy looking for decent deals. Also, with the TED, you can play the PCE shooters on your US console, opening up more games to check out.

Quote from: Glokas on 01/29/2017, 10:31 PMI would even love having the outer boxes as well.
I do not know if you're gonna like it here... ](*,) "this cardboard is made in New York City?! Get a rope."
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Glokas

I know. I know. I'm an obsessive collector. I'm not sure why i want em so bad, but i do. It's not like ill be displaying em that way either. Since I collect trading cards a bit still, I've already set up a decent non-round ring Binder and filled it with some Ultra Pro Premium pages.

All excellent ideas here though. Thanks everyone!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Glokas on 01/30/2017, 11:26 AMI know. I know. I'm an obsessive collector. I'm not sure why i want em so bad, but i do. It's not like ill be displaying em that way either. Since I collect trading cards a bit still, I've already set up a decent non-round ring Binder and filled it with some Ultra Pro Premium pages.

All excellent ideas here though. Thanks everyone!!!!
just make your own cardboard boxes out of paper and crayons.   

those boxes are mostly worthless.  Its the same art as the jewel cases.

I think they only did it to be stupid and compare to like SNES and crap, since real jewel case games dont show back-stuff.  Its just a plastic tray with a sticker on it.

Glokas

Oh ok, that makes sense. I've honestly never seen one in person. Just the Jewet Cases and those plastic sleeves that go over the Hu Cards. Seems like people on eBay gouge the shit outta the prices on em though. Even the Jewel Cases. Like fir instance: I want a case for my Splatterhouse I have coming in. Somebody on eBay has just the Jewel Case, with no manual for like $45. It's nuts.

NecroPhile

If you want case and manual, don't try to piece it together; unless you find some sweet deals, it's gonna be cheaper to just buy complete games to start with.  CIC isn't gonna be particularly cheap, and CIB is even worse, sometime faaaar worse.

For shewty recommendations, my favorite US hueys are Air Zonk, Soldier Blade, Galaga '90, and Blazing Lazers.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

GoldenWheels

I still think Final Lap Twin is the best garbage-level-price game you can get. It's actually worth playing, unlike most of stuff on the low end (Sorry TV Sports series and Super Volleyball).

But yeah, that everdrive tho. Hard to argue with.

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 01/30/2017, 02:40 PMI still think Final Lap Twin is the best garbage-level-price game you can get. It's actually worth playing, unlike most of stuff on the low end (Sorry TV Sports series and Super Volleyball).

But yeah, that everdrive tho. Hard to argue with.
Agreed. It is a good game. The challenge ramps up, too, so you certainly feel a sense of accomplishment when you beat a circuit.

Plus, we (pcefx) are pretty good at promoting the RPG Quest as one of the game's unique/quirky selling points.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GoldenWheels

Quote from: esteban on 01/30/2017, 03:40 PMAgreed. It is a good game. The challenge ramps up, too, so you certainly feel a sense of accomplishment when you beat a circuit.

Plus, we (pcefx) are pretty good at promoting the RPG Quest as one of the game's unique/quirky selling points.
Absolutely, the RPG part IS the game to me. I always loved that it would let you build a nigh uncontrollable super car if you wanted. Want to go all engine and not power up your tires at all? Good luck staying on the track!

Wish that World Court Tennis worked as well in it's RPG mode...but the core play is not nearly as good as the core racing in FLT, and it's just so bland...as I recall the equipment is named like "racket J" instead of having cool names like in Final Lap Twin.

Glokas

I actually have my eye on ALL those games mentioned in the last few posts. Especially Air Zonk and World Court Tennis. EBay prices are just absurd on alot of em right now though. Final Lap Twin seems sweet for the price I've seen it sell for!

Mas

Everdrive. That's it. Done. No more. All gone.
Seriously these guys here were on me about getting an everdrive. I got one and it was the best investment I've ever done. I play all the imports and us library with no problem.
Unless your only console is this and you have a high paying job and no bills then go for it but for me everdrive was the best way to go.

CrackTiger

The Turbo Everdrive is mandatory just for the translations, hacks and homebrews.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

munchiaz

everdrive or PCE games are you best bet. At least with the way the market is right now.

Glokas

Yeah, the Everdrive is going to be a must have for me cause I just can't handle the prices for the individual games. I'm just excited to finally get the co some in!!!! It's been 2 weeks since I paid for it!

Pokun

Yeah I'd say get the Everdrive either way for the reasons Black Tiger mentioned. You can use useful programs like BRAM Tool too. And it's quite cheap so I think it's cheaper to buy an Everdrive instead of hunting down all the System Cards you need (those without RAM that is).

You can always get the games you really want as HuCards or CDs and play the rest on the Everdrive and CD-Rs.

For me the manual is a big part of the whole experience though, and the Everdrive can't satisfy that. But for expensive games like Dracula X I'll just burn it / use the Everdrive and download the manual scans from the internet if possible.

Glokas

I'm big on the manuals and physical copies of almost everything myself. Only thing is, it's just becoming too expensive and not practical anymore. I use alot of ROMs for gaming on my Retron 5 since I can use so many different games in one place on one tv with HDMI. It was tricky but you just gotta fool the system into thinking they're isp patch files. You do have to have the Cart in for the ROM you wanna play though. I still own all my favorites. At least the ones I can afford!!! Power Blade for the NES was a must. Got the Cart and Manual, just need the Box now. It looks like TG16 collecting is so much harder than all the others, I'm guessing due to It's lack of popularity in the states.