10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

The Shubibinman games are relatively new to me. These don't get enough love.

NE146

Not today but just recently (finally) got a Turbo-Duo (thanks mickcris :) ) after ignoring it after my TG16 days. Also got the obligatory Turbo Everdrive from Stonagegamer.. so now I totally got the NEC thing going once again.. woot

EmperorIng

I also popped in Splatterhouse's PCE port for some seasonal slaughter. Since the normal mode 1CC is pretty easy, I decided to go to hard mode (hold down Select at the title screen till it shows up).

Splatterhouse's hard mode is a lot trickier because enemies have much more health. Of course, that could just be my initial shock at a couple of strategies no longer working. You need 14-15 shots of shotgun ammo to kill Biggy Man on stage 3, which forces you to crouch kick essentially the entire level.

This could be me but the floating cross in the chapel seems more aggressive, as its heads feel like they come more frequently.

Still a great port. There are aspects of it I don't like over the arcade game: IIRC, scrolling stages in the arcade will still scroll even if you are at the left edge of the screen, the slightly looser controls (e.g. you can no longer get two kicks in at a Mirror Rick as it's bursting out of the window), and while it's a minor thing I miss the auto-walk Rick does when getting to the end of a scrolling section (which allowed you to safely get out of fighting some of the boreworms and mirror Ricks later in the game).

Still, it's good fun. I don't know if there are any other non-digital-comic/adventure game horror-themed games on the system other than... Demon World.

Psycho Punch

Got myself a boxed copy of Madden today.

/7A7W5ao.png

:-"
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2016, 03:18 PMGot myself a boxed copy of Madden today.

/7A7W5ao.png

That is gorgeous. I friggin' love it.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MNKyDeth

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2016, 03:18 PMGot myself a boxed copy of Madden today.

/7A7W5ao.png

I had to do a double take on this....   Then I realized you had "copy" in that sentence.
I was thinking oh dang... That's not real.

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

shubibiman

What kind of info would you like? Who I bought it to? How much I paid? What's inside these versions?

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/03/2017, 11:44 AMWhat kind of info would you like? Who I bought it to? How much I paid? What's inside these versions?
The content! I'm curious about the content on each. Any slight variations/differences is what I am curious about.

(I have a vague knowledge of the special HuCARD releases...plus, there is always the chance that you might notice something that previous commenters didn't mention).

For example, the art on the HuCARDs themselves vs. commercial retail product.

shubibiman

PC Genjin 3 Sample is just the exact same thing.

Bomberman Users Battle is quite interesting : the title screen is different and there are only two modes :

- Users Battle 1 (which is the normal multiplayer mode)
- Users Battle 2 (which is the multiplayer mode with the "skull" bonuses).

Haven't tried PC Genjin 3 Taikenban though.

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/03/2017, 01:58 PMPC Genjin 3 Sample is just the exact same thing.

Bomberman Users Battle is quite interesting : the title screen is different and there are only two modes :

- Users Battle 1 (which is the normal multiplayer mode)
- Users Battle 2 (which is the multiplayer mode with the "skull" bonuses).

Haven't tried PC Genjin 3 Yaikenban though.
So, for the sample, does it appear to be standard commercial release, but with sticker affixed? Like, for trade shows/journalists/promotional events?

Anyway, thanks for the scoop :)

I should read about these items on the interwebz... I know I read stuff about them years ago...but I clearly didn't retain more than 20% of the info.

shubibiman

Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2017, 02:06 PMSo, for the sample, does it appear to be standard commercial release, but with sticker affixed? Like, for trade shows/journalists/promotional events?
Yes, exactly :)

exodus

I'm curious how much you paid!!

Also, I recently got a bunch of new stuff that nobody probably cares about (gulliver boy, to compare to the saturn version! etc), but also in going through my collection I noticed I had a sealed copy of Violent Soldier. Why do I have that? Why is it sealed? Where did I get it from? I don't remember any of it.

does that ever happen to you all?

If you're curious, they were apparently trying to sell it for 6,500 yen new. It also had a newer updated sticker that said 1,000 yen. The poor thing.

esadajr

been a while since I got any PCE tities
Gaming since 1985