RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... BT passed away early 2023 from health problems. He was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Duo Monitor - Capacitor C528 capacitance value

Started by Ptolomey I, 11/14/2025, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ptolomey I

Hi,

First of all, sorry for mostly posting requests for support on this forum.

I've acquired a non-functioning Duo Monitor that I'm trying to fix.
When I've opened the device I've found that unfortunately someone else has already had a go at trying to fix it by replacing some electrolytic caps with ceramic caps - not a good sign.
I have noticed that the capacitor C528 is missing.
I have tried to find info on the capacitor value online, but to no avail (console5 has a list of the electrolytic capacitors on the device, but some of them are missing, like C528 - link )
There is a post on a repair webpage by "grogory" ( link ) where he has some pictures of the disassembly. In a couple of them you can see the capacitor itself, but the values are unclear to me.
Here are some pics with the C528 cap highlighted:
IMG
IMG
I can see that the rated voltage is 50V, but I am in doubt if the capacitance is either 2.2uF or 22uF.

If you have any idea for the value of that capacitor, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

NightWolve

I looked around for you via reverse Google-image searching and found that iFixRetro also bought one and did a capacitor replacement job on it! He made posts on X/Facebook/Instagram, so here ya go. I already asked him for you but you should too.


https://www.instagram.com/p/DLd-DX4R6kf/
https://www.facebook.com/ifixretro/posts/pfbid0bQieaWjmbZvjuEYXs4YDgT1ATcWXpjExEAzu3YJfh6JwxZSfdUr6HESG1Mc8AH7Dl

This is a high res photo, but overhead so not much help in identifying cap values unfortunately:
PCEDuoPCB.webp