retrodrunk - PC-Engine Duo RX review

Started by md5fungi, 03/01/2018, 02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

md5fungi

Hey guys,

I don't post here a lot (I'm more of a lurker  8)), but I recently started a retro gaming blog, and I kicked it off with a review of the PC-Engine Duo RX, which I figured a lot of you would enjoy...

Here you go:

http://www.retrodrunk.com/2018/02/console-review-pc-engine-duo-rx.html

Let me know what you think! Feel free to send game review requests to the contact email from the blog!

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

ClodBusted

Nice article. However, the beer reference at the intro sounds awfully lot like advertising with an eliticist touch of glossy magazines handed out on airplane flights. Thus, it feels pretty misplaced in a gaming blog.

md5fungi

soop

Can you "pair" drinks with video games?  Also, the name brings Snesdrunk to mind.  Or Gintendo.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

JoshTurboTrollX

IPA's!?  You must enjoy the taste of shampoo...

;)

Also, awesome read!  If you're looking for the proper obeybrew pairings, seek out this thread! 
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20977.15
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Nice lil review.  I like how you label the short controller cords and necessary tap as minor annoyances rather than the oft heard "omg-this-is-why-it-failed!" hysteria.

One note: first you say the PCE's library is 650 strong and later that it's 850.  The latter is closest to the truth, but it's a hard number to nail down, depending on if you include LA games, homebrew, Games Express titles, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!