10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

How to continue in Double Dungeons?

Started by Keranu, 04/09/2007, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Keranu

How exactly do you continue in this game? I thought you would get a password after beating a dungeon, but I haven't gotten one so the only password I see is when you press RUN while in the game, but this password only continues you where you were last in a dungeon and after you complete it, it just takes you back to the title screen and doesn't clear away the dungeon you beat or anything. I am confused, is there no ending to this game or something?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

RuninRuder

When you complete a dungeon, you get one letter of the password that allows you to access the 22nd and final dungeon.

So you can basically do the other dungeons in any order you want.  And when you collect all the letters, you can play the final dungeon. 

The game itself doesn't record anything.  You need to take down the letters on your own.

Keranu

OH, so that's what that little graphic is for! THANKS A TON FOR TELLING ME! I wrote down everything that was on the screen after beating the first dungeon, so I have the letter (actually I think it was a number for me) saved. Sweet, I'm gonna beat this game with my bros and then play a little Motoroader inbetween  :twisted: .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"