10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Why do we play old games

Started by Monster Bonce, 06/07/2007, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do we continue to play old games? It is just nostaliga or are they superior?

I don't like 3D games, 2D games are superior
5 (16.1%)
I like both 2D and 3D games
18 (58.1%)
Nostalgia
7 (22.6%)
I don't. Modern games are better
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 06/19/2007, 05:26 PMGo to hell, Dark Keranu. Really, GO TO HELL!
I disagree.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Seldane

Hell rules. I've been there. It's cool. And I mean cool.

Almost as cool as Frozen Utopia. :twisted:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

elnino

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/19/2007, 01:08 PM
Quote from: elnino on 06/19/2007, 10:59 AMOn the other hand, I catch myself a lot whistling a tune from 2d games with hilarious soundtrack like Winds of Thunder, Gates of Thunder, Star Parodia, etc.,
Making fun of the GOT soundtrack is punishable by death on these boards...
I'm a great whistler, therefore it's more a homage.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

PCEngineHell

I am master and dark lord of all of my kingdom of Hell. Worship me and my might!

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 06/19/2007, 08:47 PMYou must love SNK.
That we do all were all infidels!!!

By that being burn at the cross etc,etc,etc  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

terrormask

Quote from: Nodtveidt on 06/19/2007, 04:24 PMThe only thing that bothers me to this day is the vast amount of brainless FPS games. They're all the same basic game with "l33t0r gr4f1X m4|\|!!!!!!111111". BOOOOOOOORING. Keep your Quake 13, Medal Of Honor 84, Half-Life 132, I'll go play me some original DOOM goodness. :D
Exactly, the original DOOM kicks ass. I own the collector's edition. :P

Kitsunexus

Quote from: terrormask on 06/20/2007, 06:07 PM
Exactly, the original DOOM kicks ass. I own the collector's edition. :P[/quote]
If that's the $10 version with DOOM 1 (Ultimate DOOM), DOOM 2 and Final DOOM, then I have the same disc. I <3 that game.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

PCEngineHell

I'm still amazed people pay $10 bucks for Doom. I mean,ever since Al Gore invented the internet,Doom has been pretty much free.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/20/2007, 07:17 PMI'm still amazed people pay $10 bucks for Doom. I mean,ever since Al Gore invented the internet,Doom has been pretty much free.
C'mon man, it's DOOM. Doom 1 and 2 are a BARGAIN for $10, and by getting the .WADs from the official disk, you know that it hasn't been hacked.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Turbo D

He's right! I had bought that disk too.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Air_Zonk

I still remember the day when I got the call from a dude that was interested in a video game sales ad I posted on the recycler classifieds. I was selling my Gameboy, NES, and Gamegear. He didn't have any money (we were both pretty young) but he did have a Japanese Turbo Grafx 16, something called a PC Engine. Since I wanted a DUO very badly, I jumped on the idea and traded goods. I really enjoyed playing those games for the PC Engine. I couldn't get enough of Shubibinman 2 and Y's. Gosh those were great times. I ended up trading the bundle to a friend later on for a Genesis once the PCE CD player took a dive. After a few weeks I wanted my PC Engine back, half broken or not, but the friend of mine traded it to someone else... Well I finally tracked it down and the system was missing the AC adapter and most of the games were long gone, so I ended up selling it on eBay a few years later. I'm so glad after all this time I finally got an Interface Unit again! I'm glad I'm able to relive those days and I'm completely taken back by how there is such an incredible website dedicated to the system. Life is Good! =D&gt;

Turbo D

Wow, what a great story. I cant believe you scored a pc engine with cd player back then.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG