Could someone recommend a little-kid RPG for GUTS?

Started by runinruder, 08/10/2007, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 08/15/2007, 05:05 PMDude I've been watching Back to the Future 1 and 2 like every night for the past month! I think Back to the Future is like my all time favorite movie.

Anyway, I think Back to the Future Part 2 is about as good and perfect as a sequel can get and when you take into consideration of how the first one ended, the two Bobs did an incredible job writing a sequel for that, with Jennifer being in the DeLorean and all. Biff Tannen was an unbelievabley good character in the sequel, which made it a big highlite of the movie for me as well as seeing the future and Marty having to go back to 1955 again while avoiding himself. Awesome, awesome stuff and I think BttF2 has the most amazing special effects than any movie. I still slightly prefer the first one though since it's pure classic chram, but BttF2 was the perfect sequel.

It's a lot like Star Wars to me where the first one is a timeless fun adventure, the second one being an epic sequel, and the third being duller than the others, though I think BttF3 is much worse of a sequel than Jedi was. Strangely enough, my favorite parts of BttF3 and Jedi where the beginning and end with the middle being boring and silly.
Sorry, but BttF2 was crap. Lame. Not interesting. Outside of a handful of movies (Aliens? Wrath of Khan? Rambo II? Empire Strikes Back? ), sequels are weak. Sure, I'll go see them, but the greater the original film was, the harder it is for the sequel to attain even a fraction of its predecessor's greatness.

Of course, after all my ranting, I actually want to watch BttF II again!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 08/15/2007, 05:05 PMDude I've been watching Back to the Future 1 and 2 like every night for the past month! I think Back to the Future is like my all time favorite movie.

Anyway, I think Back to the Future Part 2 is about as good and perfect as a sequel can get and when you take into consideration of how the first one ended, the two Bobs did an incredible job writing a sequel for that, with Jennifer being in the DeLorean and all. Biff Tannen was an unbelievabley good character in the sequel, which made it a big highlite of the movie for me as well as seeing the future and Marty having to go back to 1955 again while avoiding himself. Awesome, awesome stuff and I think BttF2 has the most amazing special effects than any movie. I still slightly prefer the first one though since it's pure classic chram, but BttF2 was the perfect sequel.

It's a lot like Star Wars to me where the first one is a timeless fun adventure, the second one being an epic sequel, and the third being duller than the others, though I think BttF3 is much worse of a sequel than Jedi was. Strangely enough, my favorite parts of BttF3 and Jedi where the beginning and end with the middle being boring and silly.
Exactly Keranu, Ys II is about as good and perfect as a sequel can get and when you take into consideration of how the first one ended. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/15/2007, 07:35 PM

Exactly Keranu, Ys II is about as good and perfect as a sequel can get and when you take into consideration of how the first one ended. :)
Wrong.

Ys II has been shamed by the reference to Back to the Future II. Ys II has been made a mockery.

I hold my head in grief.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 08/15/2007, 09:57 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/15/2007, 07:35 PMExactly Keranu, Ys II is about as good and perfect as a sequel can get and when you take into consideration of how the first one ended. :)
Wrong.

Ys II has been shamed by the reference to Back to the Future II. Ys II has been made a mockery.

I hold my head in grief.
What I'm saying is that Ys II is as awesome as can be considering that the first game wrapped up nicely at the end.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: esteban on 08/15/2007, 05:27 PMSorry, but BttF2 was crap. Lame. Not interesting. Outside of a handful of movies (Aliens? Wrath of Khan? Rambo II? Empire Strikes Back? ), sequels are weak. Sure, I'll go see them, but the greater the original film was, the harder it is for the sequel to attain even a fraction of its predecessor's greatness.

How is seeing a fun overly done future not interesting? How was it not great when Biff Tannen ruled the world in 1985!? HOW DID YOU NOT LIKE HYDRATED PIZZA OVENS!?!??! :)

Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale never intended to write a sequel for the first movie, but Hollywood forced them to. I am extremely amazed of how well of a job they did and it's one of the best sequels of all time. Personally I didn't think Rambo II was a great sequel since it was so different from the first, but it was an enjoyable movie nonetheless.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/15/2007, 11:47 PMWhat I'm saying is that Ys II is as awesome as can be considering that the first game wrapped up nicely at the end.
I really just want to rant about BttF II. I'm being a troll. I'll stop now :). I wasn't even paying attention to the Ys discussion once Keranu mentioned the movie :).

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 08/16/2007, 12:31 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/15/2007, 05:27 PMSorry, but BttF2 was crap. Lame. Not interesting. Outside of a handful of movies (Aliens? Wrath of Khan? Rambo II? Empire Strikes Back? ), sequels are weak. Sure, I'll go see them, but the greater the original film was, the harder it is for the sequel to attain even a fraction of its predecessor's greatness.

How is seeing a fun overly done future not interesting? How was it not great when Biff Tannen ruled the world in 1985!? HOW DID YOU NOT LIKE HYDRATED PIZZA OVENS!?!??! :)

Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale never intended to write a sequel for the first movie, but Hollywood forced them to. I am extremely amazed of how well of a job they did and it's one of the best sequels of all time. Personally I didn't think Rambo II was a great sequel since it was so different from the first, but it was an enjoyable movie nonetheless.
I'm going to rent this goddam movie this weekend to see if I can appreciate some aspect of it. :)

Keranu

If you can impreciate Blodia, I think you can appreciate frickin' Back to the Future Part II out of all things! Saweet Jesus!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 08/16/2007, 02:00 AMIf you can impreciate Blodia, I think you can appreciate frickin' Back to the Future Part II out of all things! Saweet Jesus!  :mrgreen:
Maybe... maybe. :)

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 08/16/2007, 02:00 AMIf you can impreciate Blodia, I think you can appreciate frickin' Back to the Future Part II out of all things! Saweet Jesus!  :mrgreen:
Impreciate?

Is that, like, appreciation of imps or something?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

I like to think that he meant 'imprecate' - to ask a divine power to send harm or evil upon.  That's nice and fitting for the reject that is Blodia.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Blodia's not too bad.

The graphics are super-bland but the game is fun.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

esteban

Quote from: nat on 08/16/2007, 11:07 AMBlodia's not too bad.

The graphics are super-bland but the game is fun.
That's what I impreciate about the game -- the fun factor :).

nat

When I was in Hawaii three months ago I spent many-a-night sitting on the deck of our rental house playing Blodia on my GT as the sun went down and enjoying a Corona or three.

Good times!

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 08/16/2007, 11:32 AMWhen I was in Hawaii three months ago I spent many-a-night sitting on the deck of our rental house playing Blodia on my GT as the sun went down and enjoying a Corona or three.

Good times!
I don't believe you - Blodia was just your cover story for when you got caught ogling the bikinis.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

No, I got caught doing that during the day.

Blodia was there to relax me after all the "excitement."

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 08/16/2007, 11:32 AMWhen I was in Hawaii three months ago I spent many-a-night sitting on the deck of our rental house playing Blodia on my GT as the sun went down and enjoying a Corona or three.

Good times!
Haha, awesome! They should replace that Corona commercial of that guy relaxing on the beach with you playing your GT instead.
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: nat on 08/16/2007, 01:38 PMNo, I got caught doing that during the day.

Blodia was there to relax me after all the "excitement."
You found Blodia relaxing? How is this possible?

Keranu

Now I can certainly see how Blodia is relaxing. It may not be enjoyable to actually play, but having nice soft tunes accompany the slow pace of the ball traveling through tubes seems relaxing to me :) .
IMG

nat

Yeah, Keranu's got it.

Except I actually enjoy the gameplay. To some extent. In somewhat small doses.

esteban

I enjoy Blodia. It's a great concept and decently executed. Totally fun puzzler.

IMG

:)

GUTS

You know if Blodia had a little guy that got chased around by the ball and winning the stage meant smashing him up against one of the walls in a bloody mess, I would have probably thought it was ok.  Especially if he got all panicky as you got closer to completing the puzzle and running him down.

nat

Quote from: GUTS on 08/23/2007, 09:20 PMYou know if Blodia had a little guy that got chased around by the ball and winning the stage meant smashing him up against one of the walls in a bloody mess, I would have probably thought it was ok.  Especially if he got all panicky as you got closer to completing the puzzle and running him down.
That's a completely awesome idea.

Anyone up to code Blodia 2?

Keranu

I would love to see that. By the way, does it actually show that guy on the cover running around in the game for Diablo?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 08/24/2007, 04:30 PMI would love to see that. By the way, does it actually show that guy on the cover running around in the game for Diablo?
http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=3852

Unfortunately, no. The artist realized that the coverart wouldn't be nearly as gripping if he didn't arbitrarily insert a hairless albino into the composition. Bravo!

Keranu

IMG