Dragon Knight 4 Question

Started by shadow55, 12/12/2007, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow55

Hi sorry I am new to the PC FX world I just recently got mine and am having an issue with the saving.

I have been playing a few games and such and I can't figure out how to save. I assume it is automatic because when I look on my internal hd it shows the save files for those games. In the case of Dragon Knight 4 I play it and the menu appears to have 3 options when you press I. The las option looks like a save option with books etc. However I still can't figure out how to load my data. It appears on my internal hard drive but I can't access it. Any help? please and thanks

Kitsunexus

KNIGHTS OF XENTAR WORD UP!!  :dance:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

MissaFX

If you are playing it on your PC, then you can just use save states.  However I might be able to load it up in a few days and could probably figure out how to save if it is not automatic.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

SuperDeadite

I don't have this on FX yet, but I can read Japanese.  If you can supply a screenshot, I can read the text. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

nat

I own this game for my PC-FX but it's in the pile of games to play sometime down the road when I finish the ones I'm working on currently.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

shadow55

I am asking for the PC FX of course. I will try to get some screenshots of the booklet since its only like 4 pages. Also I will take a few in game shots of what I mean.

MissaFX

Quote from: shadow55 on 12/13/2007, 05:38 PMI am asking for the PC FX of course.
But you say that you are looking at the save files on your HD (generated by the game the first time you load it).  The FX has no HD so I have to assume you are emulating it.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

guyjin

He probably means the internal memory in the FX.

Or does the FX have that?

nat

Yeah, the FX has both internal memory and a slot for a memory card.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

shadow55

Sorry for making assumptions. Yes I was talking about the internal memory.

geepee16

if you see it on the memory then yeah, you can load it up.  it's just a matter of selecting the right option.  a screenshot would be mighty helpful as i don't have my fx here with me and i don't have any fx emulators. i can't try something here though i don't know if this message board will accept japanese font.  many games usually give you the option to LOAD or CONTINUE and they would probably look like this in Japanese:

ロード  or  続ける .  Can you see that?  They are usually in the lower end of the save/load menu.  Get a s/s up or something and we'll take care of ya. good luck. that game is fun for sure.

nat

I can see it. Anyone with a Mac/OS X or a language pack should be able to see it.

ロード is the most commonly used one.