The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Contra 4

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 11/18/2007, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

Just picked it up, & it's great!  IMO, probably the best Contra in a looong time.  Actually, I think I like it better then Contra 3.  I haven't beaten it yet, I'm playing on easy, & it's not a difficult as everyone has led me to believe.  Though, I hear normal really bumps up the difficulty in comparison.  But, I want to atleast beat it in easy, so I can start unlocking Contra & Super C.  I think it even has the 2 old Probotector's on it, though, I don't think they're that much different.
IMG

Joe Redifer

How's the music?  Virt did the music and I demand to know how awesome it is, especially the new stuff.  I may pick this game up.  I just completed Phoenix Wright 3 which is teh awsum.

Tatsujin

yeah..first i was skeptic since it was again outsourced to a dev. team in spain (or so). but since i saw some pics and vids, it looks quite promising. definitely will get one, when it comes out here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/18/2007, 08:53 PMHow's the music?  Virt did the music and I demand to know how awesome it is, especially the new stuff.
A dude on Virt's comment thing basically said it was just the Contravirt segments all over again. But as a shameless Konami/Virt groupie, I'll pick this up anyway. (when I get a DS) :)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

rag-time4

What system is this on? Lately I've been listening to the snowfield music from the original NES contra.

ParanoiaDragon

It's for DS, & as far as I'm concerned, the music is awesome!  The game is a pleasant surprise.  I was probably going to get it either way, but, it deffinitly turned out to be good for old schooler's like me :)  I hope PC Gunjin is this good!

I might add, that all the music is very reminicsent of past Contra games, & some start out very similar to various Contra songs, but are still original songs.  Good stuff =D&gt;
IMG

Golgo13

I just started playing it, and I have to say its not bad, they have fucked up contra games in the past, but this one is pretty good and respects the original alot, and so I have to say they did a pretty good job.  I think the graphics could have been made a tiny bit better, but they obviously wanted to keep it with the old school feel.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I'd prefer it look like Contra 3(though better), then Shattered Soldier personally.
IMG

Joe Redifer

The problem with Shattered Soldier, from what I recall, is that it didn't have any color.  Everything was brown.  At least that's how I remember it.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, that sounds about right!  Though, I know I didn't like the weapon system in it, I prefer the good ol pick up a weapon when you find it, as opposed to having 3 weapons already at your disposal.
IMG