OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Wireless TurboGrafx Joystick

Started by Sinistron, 01/18/2008, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinistron

Here is the "Acemore Freedom 16"-
a clanky 3rd party wireless for US Turbo.
It's all yours Nat!  Probably mail it tomorrow- Monday the latest.
Made sure it worked today- works fine.
Sorry for the crappy cell phone image.

IMG
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

nat

Probably the only existing US-made wireless Turbo accessory.

One question: is it bottom-weighted?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

It looks a lot like this: /xe1profcwd7.jpg
joystick-xe-1-pro-he-pce.webp
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat

Except that one's not wireless.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sinistron

lol it's bottom weighted when you put in the 4 aa's.  :wink:
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Sinistron

another thing with this is that it's very easy to forget you have the "on" switch on- and then you go to use it again and your batteries are drained.  I got scared this morning when I saw old batteries crusted to shit inside- but I got 'em out- tried new ones and it works fine- as stated.

Who else has seen this thing? What'd they make like 500 and sell five of them?
IMG

Sinistron

googling this has only turned up mention of an acemore freedom 16 for the megadrive- a "faulty" one boxed in a warehouse.  :-"
IMG

NecroPhile

I've never seen one, but it looks kinda cool.  I suppose that it won't work with the normal wireless receiver and requires its own, right?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2008, 03:21 PMI've never seen one, but it looks kinda cool.  I suppose that it won't work with the normal wireless receiver and requires its own, right?
That's what I'm going to be testing as soon as it arrives.

guyjin

The turbo/pce got so few 3rd party controllers, it's awesome to find them at all. =D>

M1Savage

At one time, I had about 25 of those things. Think I still have 2 or 3 around here somewhere.

nat

I take it you must have bought all that were manufactured, then.

M1Savage

Heh, all I know is that I bought some boxes of Acemore joysticks and quite a few of them were the wireless ones. I still have some of the Acemore Supersticks (wired ones) in a stack.

spenoza

Do you just randomly stock up on console hardware for fun?

M1Savage

I used to do it for fun and profit. Turned out it was fun but not very profitable.  :mrgreen:

Keranu

Wow, I've never seen this before! Thanks for posting!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Ha! I thought this thread was going to be about the wireless PCE pads... not an actual TURBO accessory!

I've never seen the wireless version of this... never even knew it existed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turbofan1

Speaking of the wireless PCE pads,Can they be used on A Turbo Duo?

guyjin

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI used to do it for fun and profit. Turned out it was fun but not very profitable.  Mr. Green
hehe
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Quote from: turbofan1 on 01/19/2008, 10:59 AMSpeaking of the wireless PCE pads,Can they be used on A Turbo Duo?
Yes. I do that all the time.

turbofan1

Ok thanks.I should of probably of known that.I thought someone mentioned one time that the pins where different in the PCE controllers.And they would`nt work on the Turbo.But that was false.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteOk thanks.I should of probably of known that.I thought someone mentioned one time that the pins where different in the PCE controllers.And they would`nt work on the Turbo.But that was false.
Well, the Turbografx 16 controllers had a different pin set up, but the Turbo Duo used the same pins as the PCE.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/19/2008, 09:01 PM
QuoteOk thanks.I should of probably of known that.I thought someone mentioned one time that the pins where different in the PCE controllers.And they would`nt work on the Turbo.But that was false.
Well, the Turbografx 16 controllers had a different pin set up, but the Turbo Duo used the same pins as the PCE.
Yeah, it's easy to remember if you just put TG-16 + accessories in the ODDBALL category (it uses the older, larger DIN connector).

USA DUO is compatible with ALL Japanese PC-Engine / Duo accessories, since they share the same mini-DIN connector.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cybercross

hi. im new here.
anyway, if i didn't know any better, id say thats a wireless, US version of the Japanese PC Engine ASCII stick.
btw, Kitsunexus, the XE-1 FC Pro stick thats hooked up to your NES, is that a connector that allows you to use famicom peripherals on the US NES? if so, where can i find it?

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Sinistron

Well I sent this monstrosity to Nat and he has received it.  We are all eagerly awaiting his full professional report.  :P
IMG

nat

You'll get one as soon as I can bothered to track down some AA batteries.  :oops:

Sinistron

you let a lack of AA's slow you down?   :lol: :P :lol:
IMG

Sinistron

Don't mind me- I'm just trying to get to 300 posts to advance out of floret sprung-
will 300 do it???  [-o<

YESSS!!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:
VENUS BONKTRAP SON!
IMG

shubibiman

Wow, 'd never heard of that wireless controler before!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

cybercross

hey Kitsunexus, i just wanted to ask you a quick question-
in the Wireless TurboGrafx Joystick thread https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=73103, you had a picture of the XE-1 pro FC stick connected to the NES. i wanted to know, that connector you have in the NES, does it let you connect famicom accessories to the NES, and where can i get one? (or did you make it?) i tried to send this to your PM, but it blocked it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: cybercross on 05/22/2008, 05:55 PMi tried to send this to your PM, but it blocked it.
That's because he's on a mandatory 'vacation'; don't expect him to answer any time soon.  :wink:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!