@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

magical dinosaur tour

Started by kenomac78, 12/01/2007, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenomac78

id like to start a thread on the magical dinosaur tour. mainly because i have never seen it ever mentioned on this site at all!

truly it is not a game, and i bought it knowing full well that it was not, but i think it is still a great a experience and a unique curisoty of the turbo library as well as CDroms of that time.

I am not sure how much dialog is in the game, but it feels like it goes on for eternity! each dino has a ton of details and i actually did learn alot about them. and dinosaurs themselves are cool.

the opening and close animations are pretty fun, and feel like some hi budget documentary. when the baby dinosaur falls to its death, that just still makes me laugh!

but you have to wonder why this 'game' of all games was brought over in english? with so many other games that never made it over that were obviously MUCH easier to translate, they chose this one instead. I think this may be the most accomplished and difficult translation the TG CD ever have. Ys cosmic fantasy and the others be damned! This has tons of text and voice over! and while i dont think it is a 'bad' game perse, as enjoyable as it is, i think we would have all traded its translation for just about anything else. i suppose NEC wanted to show off the the TG CD was as good as a PC as a teaching tool or something? thankfully the 3do did that to overkill and we never have to worry about that again haha!

also what is its estimated rarity? since it is not talked about so much here, i assume that the demand for it is low. but alot of low demand games are also pretty scarce and the price stays kind of low because no one wants it.

so what are your thoughts?

Kitsunexus

I DEMAND MORE INFO ON THIS GAME.  8)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

NecroPhile

I think that it had a decent sized print run and isn't very rare, but it's hard to tell.  Like you said, it's just so damn undesirable that that may well be the reason for its near worthlessness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!