10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Collection so far

Started by wildfruit, 06/29/2013, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildfruit

This is what I have accumulated so far over about 3 months
Can anyone recommend some cheap but good Hu cards to try?
/hlcf.jpg

CrackTiger

There are several HuCard recommendation threads that likely have more responses than you'll get here.

Neutopias
Bomberman 93
Bloody Wolf
Hana Taka Daka
Magical Chase
Cybercore
Download
Air Zonk/PC Genjin
Bonk's Revenge
Order of the Griffon
Aeroblasters
Ninja Spirit
Soldier games
Darius Plus
R-Type
Image Fight
Zipang
Be Ball
Pac Land
Cadash
Violent Soldier
Dragon's Curse/Adventure Island
Bikkuriman Wold
Aoi Blink
Salamander
Parodius
Twin Bee
New Adventure Island
Somer Assault
Tatsujin
Legendary Axe
Fantasy Zone
Sidearm
Final Lap Twin
Cyber Core
Alien Crush
Devil's Crush
Galaga
Space Invaders
Chuka Taisen
Operation Wolf
Gekisha Boy
Paradol Stars
Liquid Kids
Son Son II
Raiden
Atlantean
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PCEngineHell

God fucking dammit I really love the look of that Pal system box. I used to like the North American system box well enough, but the NA TG16 box sucks so much ass compared to that one. The only thing I don't like about the Pal/UK box is the "16" missing from the logo.

Tatsujin

and that it is in fact 50Hz PAL :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

I think if they had dropped the "16" from the US release, it would have sold better. :D  Turbografx just rolls off the tongue and sounds so badass.  Turbografx-16 is long and awkward (and a little misleading).  I love my TG16 more than just almost anything, but it is a silly name. ;)

wildfruit

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/29/2013, 06:30 PMGod fucking dammit I really love the look of that Pal system box. I used to like the North American system box well enough, but the NA TG16 box sucks so much ass compared to that one. The only thing I don't like about the Pal/UK box is the "16" missing from the logo.
its a shame the picture is the same front and back, and there is a spelling mistake on it too!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2013, 05:39 PMMight want to pick up a Turbo Everdrive so you can try before you buy.  I personally play games on the Everdrive even though I own the HuCard.  So nice to have every game ready to play on real hardware.
i tried to a couple of days ago there was one on ebay bundled with a pc engine duo, wentt way over my budget

DragonmasterDan

Quite possibly the cheapest imaginable game Keith Courage would be well worth picking up.
--DragonmasterDan

turboswimbz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/29/2013, 07:27 PMQuite possibly the cheapest imaginable game Keith Courage would be well worth picking up.
If they would have taken the need for grinding out of the game, Keith Courage would have been one of the better early games on the system.  You can probably find someone on the forum willing to part with a copy for cheap.

EDIT: this particular member has an extra loose copy with a loose manual you can have for the shipping cost.  (should be about $3-5 usd slow mail to the UK I think)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/29/2013, 06:38 PMits a shame the picture is the same front and back
That's no shame, that's twice the R-Type awesomeness. :P

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/29/2013, 07:29 PMIf they would have taken the need for grinding out of the game, Keith Courage would have been one of the better early games on the system.  You can probably find someone on the forum willing to part with a copy for cheap.
I think I'm up to about 10 copies of the game thanks to buying in bundles.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

seieienbu

Good god, that's a handsome box.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wildfruit

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/30/2013, 09:23 AMGood god, that's a handsome box.
there are plenty on ebay uk if you just want a collection piece

wildfruit

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/29/2013, 07:29 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/29/2013, 07:27 PMQuite possibly the cheapest imaginable game Keith Courage would be well worth picking up.
If they would have taken the need for grinding out of the game, Keith Courage would have been one of the better early games on the system.  You can probably find someone on the forum willing to part with a copy for cheap.

EDIT: this particular member has an extra loose copy with a loose manual you can have for the shipping cost.  (should be about $3-5 usd slow mail to the UK I think)

i'm gratefully accepting this offer

Tatsujin

btw. is the system 60Hz modded?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

wildfruit

no its not modded at all. most games run slow but a couple seem to run normal speed.

Tatsujin

Oh houly cowcrap, I see. Get that thing modded ASAP, or even better buy a region modded DUO(-R), preferred with S-Vid or better output, and put that thing onto a shelf for the sake of its good looking only :)

No wonder you still love your MD over the PCE/TG, if you had to live with such a "quality" :lol:

seieienbu

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/30/2013, 09:54 AMthere are plenty on ebay uk if you just want a collection piece
Still too many games that I want to worry about boxes just yet...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wildfruit

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/30/2013, 10:35 PMOh houly cowcrap, I see. Get that thing modded ASAP, or even better buy a region modded DUO(-R), preferred with S-Vid or better output, and put that thing onto a shelf for the sake of its good looking only :)

No wonder you still love your MD over the PCE/TG, if you had to live with such a "quality" :lol:
i found a lovely duo last week on ebay rgb modded and re capped. went over my budget right at the end though (went for about £200/$300)

Tatsujin

So now the real ride begins :D

NecroPhile

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/29/2013, 06:30 PMThe only thing I don't like about the Pal/UK box is the "16" missing from the logo.
I don't like that it's too small to hold everything.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

i like the greyness of it and the red and blue colour scheme on the stickers, and it still has that new console smell

Bardoly

Nice start for Turbo!  Bomberman '94 and Blazing Lazers are great!

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/29/2013, 08:08 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/29/2013, 07:29 PMIf they would have taken the need for grinding out of the game, Keith Courage would have been one of the better early games on the system.  You can probably find someone on the forum willing to part with a copy for cheap.
I think I'm up to about 10 copies of the game thanks to buying in bundles.
Sounds like a raffle is coming on...   :P