RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

esteban. sporadic. week.

Started by esteban, 07/06/2013, 07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

I'm heading up to Maine for week-long blah, blah, blah.

Dirt, lake, kids, dirt, headache, backache, kids refuse to take naps, please, please be careful swimming, fun, sleep for a few minutes, do it all over.

STATUS: I was supposed to pack the vehicle (minivan! Ha!) last night...my wife will stab me if I don't get it done now, so I visit pcefx and catch-up on silly stuff to procrastinate.

REALLY: OK, I can't write like that anymore. I thought it would be easier to do a "stream of consciousness" thing and let everything pour out, but, instead, I feel like I'm composing a Telegram and trying to save $$$.

PLAN (AKA "I could have posted this in the PCE forum"): I will be listening to at least a few episodes of PCE City Podcast over the next few hours. I think I have 8 hour drive? 9? 10? Have fun folks. Don't envy this journey—my older daughter will be trapped under hundreds of pounds of camping supplies if I don't stack everything in a structurally-sound manner. AM I QUALIFIED FOR THIS? MY POOR KIDS! :pcgs:

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

so we can expect a carpet bomb of posts in a week?

Tatsujin

Have a pleasant weekend esty. Over n out (^-^ゞ
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/06/2013, 08:09 AMso we can expect a carpet bomb of posts in a week?
My plan is to sneak away from the kids every now and then, make a beer or two disappear, and catch-up on the forums a little bit each day. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Yes, carpet bomb in a week.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/06/2013, 08:57 AMHave a pleasant weekend esty. Over n out (^-^ゞ
Hey, my brother is visiting family in Switzerlandia in a week...is there something he should do there? Like, does Swiss-r-land have any culturally-relevant things to check out? He's staying with cousins who like to travel (they're going to Italy, for one...the rest of the plans will be spontaneously devised).

BONUS: My brother is packing an extra suitcase filled with peanut butter products because my cousins love 'me and can't find them...SO, DO YOU ENJOY PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTS?

soop

Quote from: esteban on 07/07/2013, 11:18 AMSO, DO YOU ENJOY PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTS?
It has been known
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 07/07/2013, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/06/2013, 08:57 AMHave a pleasant weekend esty. Over n out (^-^ゞ
Hey, my brother is visiting family in Switzerlandia in a week...is there something he should do there? Like, does Swiss-r-land have any culturally-relevant things to check out? He's staying with cousins who like to travel (they're going to Italy, for one...the rest of the plans will be spontaneously devised).

BONUS: My brother is packing an extra suitcase filled with peanut butter products because my cousins love 'me and can't find them...SO, DO YOU ENJOY PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTS?
Hauly rolf, that is great news ^^

I don't know what he should do there..hehe. Visiting his relatives perhaps? :D

I don't enjoy peanuts butter products that much, because they are quite le fatty. But it is not bad.

So say, when did you been to swissle the last time?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

I was going to go swissle two years ago, but my twins were due and I had to cancel.

Every few years folks visit each other, but I always miss out on it.

I have been to L'England and El France.

STATUS: one of these years, I'm going! For now, I live vicariously through everyone else.  :pcgs:

NecroPhile

Have fun, der Cook!  Watch out for the Dome.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

THINGS I LEARNED IN MAINE:
1) Supermarkets sell fake hotdog rolls
2) You cannot purchase alcohol before 9:00 am
3) When you present an out-of-state license to purchase alcohol,  the cashier consults a cute little reference book  (with pictures!) to determine if you are legit.
4) Supermarkets near campgrounds sell out of salt&pepper shakers.
5) you can cook pancakes on a griddle over a fire
6) traveling too fast on TWISTING, HILLY COASTAL ROADS will make two children vomit. Guaranteed. VOMIT.
7) Nap.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2013, 01:13 AM
Quote from: esteban on 07/10/2013, 06:30 PMI was going to go swissle two years ago, but my twins were due and I had to cancel.
Twins, eh? Mine were due three years ago. Galem has 'em, too, from what I read. Never really thought about how rare/common twins were until I experienced it. but I'm a bit surprised to find two other sets here. I must say, though, crazy hilly roads with double-barrel vomit-cannons are one aspect of it I've yet to and hopefully will not encounter. </tangent>
Double-barrel Vomit Cannon is the only way to describe it.  :pcgs: Really.

bob

Took ours on a 5 hour drive to Vermont. They are 2 years old and slept almost the whole way. 
No vomit.  :dance:

esteban

Quote from: galam on 07/22/2013, 05:07 AMTook ours on a 5 hour drive to Vermont. They are 2 years old and slept almost the whole way. 
No vomit.  :dance:
Lucky bastard! Or, maybe I'm just an idiot for driving too fast on twisty, hilly roads. My stomach dropped a few times and I was like, "This is like a roller coaster!" Why didn't I think about tummies stuffed with lunch?! Why?!

IMG