Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Anyone watch this weekend? All I have to say is this:
AWESOME! Enough said. :)

DragonmasterDan

It's on my queue to view.
--DragonmasterDan

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Bernie

Watching it now via the Ouya.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

pixeljunkie

Thoroughly enjoyed. A little too much cg, but solid as hell. Anxious to watch the whole season.

Bernie

It was, ok.  Wasn't exactly as good as I'd hoped.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Elder

Considering it has been so long since we last saw this character, I really enjoyed where they went.  I disliked some of the CG parts, but overall it made me laugh and that's the most important part of the show.  I like the new character, the setting, and the overall feel of the show.  Looking forward to the rest of the series, and pleased to hear that season 2 has been given the green light.

roflmao

I thought it was great! Can't wait to see where they go with the series.  I sure hope they work out the licensing issue with Army of Darkness so they can reference it in the future.

CrackTiger

The Evil Dead parts are very well done. The dumb-Ash filler wasn't balanced well enough, but I'm sure it will be as the series evolves.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2015, 01:47 PMThe Evil Dead parts are very well done. The dumb-Ash filler wasn't balanced well enough, but I'm sure it will be as the series evolves.
The Ash filler just seemed cheap.

It reminded me of an Evil Dead knockoff rather than the genuine article.

With that said I enjoyed the first episode.
--DragonmasterDan

Warbucks

Didn't expect too much from it, was not disappointed.
Looking forward to the next one.

BigusSchmuck

Just watched the second episode, still just as funny and gory as the first. And... *Spoiler* he mentions the boom stick!

Marto_Jo-ing

Just watched the 2nd episode. I love it. Ash's one liners are classic.

NecroPhile

I caught the first one Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest, but sadly I might have to wait for it to come out on DVD (no Starz).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

johnnykonami

I originally had very little to no interest in this despite watching all of the movies including the remake at one point.  I'm pretty apathetic about new TV shows usually, but often while I'm working at my computer at home I throw something to watch on my other screen.  I was actually pleasantly surprised because the direction seemed so authentic - come to find out Sam and Ivan Raimi were actually responsible for directing/writing/producing it.  So that's cool!  I also think Bruce Campbell is a pretty likeable guy, but I have to admit I lost some faith in him after all of those generic Sci-Fi channel made for TV movies he was in.  But he fits Ash like a glove and it's great to see him in action again.  Other than that, good looking special effects and some amusing bits of writing make it worth checking out.  I do expect the budget to plummet after the first couple of episodes, that's just the sad truth of television.  The original Evil Dead movies were made on a pretty shoestring budget, I believe - so I think the Raimi brothers have some experience with keeping it interesting without breaking the bank.  Shame it's on Starz though, I guess that puts it in semi-premium territory.

NecroPhile

I caught a couple more episodes over the long weekend, and they were pretty damn entertaining.  :mrgreen:

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2015, 09:51 AMI caught a couple more episodes over the long weekend, and they were pretty damn entertaining.  :mrgreen:
I agree. Love the Ash jokes. I hope they reference Army of Darkness at some point..

DragonmasterDan

I'm caught up on the episodes and am thoroughly entertained as well.
--DragonmasterDan

Elder

I'm loving this.  I'm going to binge-watch the series once it's all said and done.  I'm glad season 2 is happening too.  Hopefully they can get the rights to Army of Darkness before season 2 starts filming as I can only imagine what wackiness they would do.

johnnykonami

I ended up liking this more than I thought I would.  Look forward to it every saturday.

spawnshop

awesome f^cking show!
loved the finale......can't wait for season 2.

spawnshop

Season to start very soon!!!  October 2!

Saw the premier episode at SDCC last month - totally awesome and disgusting.   Bruce came out and did an introduction before hand.   Hilarious!

NecroPhile

I picked up the DVD set on Tuesday so now I gotta catch up.

spawnshop

Awesome!   If you like part 2 or AOD, you'll love it.   It's very much a mix of the two.  Although, there is no mention of AOD due to licensing issues.

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: spawnshop on 08/25/2016, 10:50 AMSeason to start very soon!!!  October 2!
Season one was pretty awesome, I dont look forward to much TV but this show I do :)