OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What's the going rate for a in box TG-16?

Started by FiftyQuid, 08/01/2013, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

The one I'm looking at has a very good box, all the baggies, styrofoam, and some of the paperwork.  I want to put an offer in, but I don't want to insult the person.  A loose TG16 can be had for about $50 around here with a TurboPad and 3 to 5 common's tossed in.  I'm thinking in-box is around $200, but is that realistic?  I mean I can get a loose TG16 for $50 so that means the box brings the value up another $150?!

Wouldn't $100-$150 be more accurate?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sadler

Wrong person to ask, but these days a boxed TG16 with all styrofoam, baggies and pack ins I wouldn't be ashamed for paying $200 for. I'd want KC in there too though :).

To be clear, if I was just looking to get into TG I wouldn't be picking up anything like this. If you are already here though and items are in good shape, $150-200 isn't an awful deal.

FiftyQuid

Of course KC is in there!  :)  Your opinion is pretty much the same as mine on this.  I don't really need it, I just happened across it and thought I'd see what happens.  I'm sure we've all been there.  A deal is a deal you know?  :D

Any other opinions?  Is $200 the limit or would you go to $250?

TheClash603

They sell on eBay for like $80 all the time.

Sadler

For me $200 would be a hard limit, and everything had better be in good condition. $250 is well within CD territory. :) We both know we could do better looking outside NA though. :D

BigusSchmuck

I saw a rental unit go at auction for $225 with Keith Courage and a turbo booster. Mind you that was last year and the box looked like some dog had its way with it but yeah $200 is a little steep.

BlueBMW

If you guys want to spend $200, I've got a very nice boxed TG16 I'll sell one of you guys ;)

Also gives me an excuse to sell the booster+
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

FiftyQuid

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/01/2013, 10:23 PMThey sell on eBay for like $80 all the time.
Not on my eBay.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2013, 10:59 PMIf you guys want to spend $200, I've got a very nice boxed TG16 I'll sell one of you guys ;)

Shipping would kill me.  USPS rates just keep climbing.  $12 for a CD?  $30 for a cartridge?  What's a console ship for boxed?  $100?  ](*,)

Sadler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2013, 10:59 PMIf you guys want to spend $200, I've got a very nice boxed TG16 I'll sell one of you guys ;)

:lol: Damn man, I've only got so much savings. :) If you make it out here, I'm totally looking forward to pilfering what you got though! :D

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/01/2013, 11:03 PMShipping would kill me.  USPS rates just keep climbing.  $12 for a CD?  $30 for a cartridge?  What's a console ship for boxed?  $100?  ](*,)
If it makes you feel any better, this isn't just international. USPS is stunningly incompetent domestically.

BlueBMW

I dont really want to get rid of it.. but its the means to get out west ;)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MrFlutterPie

I've bought an average shape box complete for $115 and another average shape box that was complete and also included a CIC Splatterhouse and a loose Bonk's revenge for $85.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/01/2013, 11:21 PMI've bought an average shape box complete for $115 and another average shape box that was complete and also included a CIC Splatterhouse and a loose Bonk's revenge for $85.
Where are these magical stores?

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/01/2013, 11:35 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/01/2013, 11:21 PMI've bought an average shape box complete for $115 and another average shape box that was complete and also included a CIC Splatterhouse and a loose Bonk's revenge for $85.
Where are these magical stores?
I got em off Kijiji.  Right place right time. The $85 was originally priced at $125 but the seller said it was mint and took pics to hide the wear.  I told him it this was supposed to be a condition upgrade from my $115 one.  I was going to walk but we made a deal right then and there.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

wildfruit

you could get a PAL one and mod it if you are used to 60 hz. i think there is a US seller on ebay sells them for about $90 dollars boxed & new. used ones tend to be cheap as well but shipping from europe would be harsh especially as there are two boxes not one. does composite right out the box though :)

FiftyQuid

It's the box that I'm mainly interested in.   8)

RTQ

I paid $150 for complete in box off craigslist this summer.  I have the box from my original TG, but apparently that Xmas morning in 1989 I wasn't in a patient mood and tore it up a bit.  Kept all my boxes, but I threw out all of my styrofoam.  So, I have the boxes for Express, TG, and TGCD, but no styrofoam.