OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

If I learned even something... OBEY!

Started by ZueriHB, 11/09/2013, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZueriHB

First things first:

/20131101_005838.jpg

I'm ZueriHB, also known as Waisneed on Nintendo Consoles. I'm PC Engine aware since 2000 or something, seen one (Suitcase) with Dracula X at a friends house. He is a big Castlevania fan, that's why he had to have one.

I myself didn't really get into PC Engine gaming until I bought myself a Wii console at launch (Long time Nintendo gamer), and literally downloaded all TurboGrafX 16 games on it.

In 2009, I got the chance to buy a PC Engine with CD-ROM and Fausseté Amour for a very good price (and a second CoreGrafX some weeks later). Also a good deal on 20 or so HuCards, all localy.

My collection is at about the state shown here, incl. some other CD games (Sailor Moon, Gradius II and Urusei Yatsura)

/20131102_134614.jpg

But I also wanted to play good games on the go, without the help of a Wii U. And because both my preorders for PS4 and XBone went down the drain, or got delayed until next year, this happened:

/20131108_120934.jpg

And for my continuing OBEYing you can thank dear Tatsujin, it's his fault anyway ;)

Current collection is at 39 HuCards, 3 System Cards, 4 TurboChips, 1 CD-Game, 6 Super CD-Games, 1 White PC Engine with CD-ROM and IFU, CoreGrafX (modded for TG16) with IFU and defective CD-ROM, LT, Tennokoe 2 with 2 Tennokoe Banks.

Games I like the most are:
R-Type, Super Star Soldier, Star Parodier, Gradius II, Galaga '88, After Burner II and Power League '93.

I'm still on the lookout on some Hard- and Software, I'll come to it sometime later..
Comedy in the wrong hands, a dangerous weapon!

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Psycho Punch

It seems that you're already well equiped to OBEY the PC Engine, so welcome!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

also here, finally welcome to the obey cru :D

there are still many many excellent and outrageous CD games to get..thinking of GoT, WoT, Spriggan, Darc X and so on... :D

and nice catch on the LT. every train driver should have one for some obey on the go :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Psycho Punch

Play A-Train while driving A Train... wait a minute are you the driver? Don't let it fall off the track while playing bonk or something haha.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ZueriHB

Of course I need the Thunder games, and didn't know that A-Train was out for OBEY.

Also I'm in need of PC Denshin... I liked the HuCard game on Virtual Console, but didn't get into the CD version.

Also LT used for it's intended purpose: OBEYing everywhere, even game shops.

/20131106_134434.jpg
/20131106_112257.jpg

Disclaimer: There is no Dracula X in my possession.

But sadly, there are no standard power outlets in most train piloting cabs, I need a good battery and USB solution for powering the LT.

PunkCryborg

Welcome to the forum Zueri! We all got a smile with your train stung :) Also I am super jealous of your LT

esteban

Welcome, comrade.  :pcgs:

Your favorite games (thus far) reveal a soft spot for shoot-em-ups. WE APPROVE.

Now stop wasting your time with Power League '93 and play some Blodia.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ZueriHB

Today I just OBEYed to some R-Type (FINALLY got to level 4) and some multiplayer Power League. Both is tons of fun.

And don't diss enjoyable games.

Best thing about PC Engine? There is no FIFA and no MADDEN. LOVE IT!
Also played some Alien Crush. Lo~ove me some Pinball games!

Psycho Punch

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: ZueriHB on 11/10/2013, 05:46 PMToday I just OBEYed to some R-Type (FINALLY got to level 4) and some multiplayer Power League. Both is tons of fun.

And don't diss enjoyable games.

Best thing about PC Engine? There is no FIFA and no MADDEN. LOVE IT!
Also played some Alien Crush. Lo~ove me some Pinball games!
I was teasing about baseball. I actually enjoy the Power League games  :pcgs:.

R-Type is challenging. I actually like the CD version, too (many folks don't like the Red Book Soundtrack, but I appreciate some variety, even if it is very dated).

So, finish the R-Type on HuCARD, then, later, treat yourself to CD. Or, if you are like most folks, shake your head in disbelief about the soundtrack. Ha. IMG

ZueriHB

Kunio's Soccer game wins anyway! Nintendo World Cup now OBEYs!

I actually have all three versions of R-Type, US HuCard, Japanese HuCards and the Complete CD version.

Depending on mood, I play any of the three, I like both soundtracks, HuCard and R-R-R-R-Type CD!

esteban

Quote from: ZueriHB on 11/11/2013, 03:57 AMKunio's Soccer game wins anyway! Nintendo World Cup now OBEYs!

I actually have all three versions of R-Type, US HuCard, Japanese HuCards and the Complete CD version.

Depending on mood, I play any of the three, I like both soundtracks, HuCard and R-R-R-R-Type CD!
R- R- R- R- Type.

NecroPhile

All aboard teh OBEY train!  Thank Clotho, Atropos, and Lachesis that you 'had' to get an LT instead of a boring ol' PS4 or xbone.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ZueriHB

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2013, 12:34 PMAll aboard teh OBEY train!  Thank Clotho, Atropos, and Lachesis that you 'had' to get an LT instead of a boring ol' PS4 or xbone.  :mrgreen:
Playing After Burner II on a tilting train was way worth it!

/20131112_125211.jpg

esteban

Quote from: ZueriHB on 11/12/2013, 07:06 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/11/2013, 12:34 PMAll aboard teh OBEY train!  Thank Clotho, Atropos, and Lachesis that you 'had' to get an LT instead of a boring ol' PS4 or xbone.  :mrgreen:
Playing After Burner II on a tilting train was way worth it!
/20131112_125211.jpg
So, how is the battery life using the LEGO PowerBrick?

Even if it only last for 30 minutes, it's worth it (I'm still surprised at how compact the battery is).

EDIT: Wow, 90 minutes of play time? That is pretty damn good. I seriously underestimated how long it would last.

May I ask what screen brightness you typically use (and the type of headphone you use--ear bud vs. larger, over the ear)?

ZueriHB

I get over 2 hours worth of gameplay, didn't expect that too! But as stated in the other thread, picture get's wobbly at that point and I suggest to stop using the integrated display from then on.

I mostly have brightness all the way down, because it's to white on higher brightness settings. I use big headphones (PlayStation Pulse) and sometimes even a controller.

Xak

Those are a lotta plugins into that little baby. Man the Japanese were genius' when they created the PCE portables.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic