@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Found a good deal for a TG-16 + TG-CD.

Started by Nexus7, 07/30/2014, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexus7

Hi guys, new member here and wanted to share my recent TG-16 purchase. I never owned this console before so I was happy to finally find a solid deal on one.

This is what I received for $60.

Hardware: 

TG-16 + TG-CD (CD player doesn't work, but I use it like a TurboBooster for composite video.)

2 Turbo sticks + Turbotap

Games:

Bonk's Revenge, Pac-Land, Legendary Axe, Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, Aero Blasters, R-Type, Blazing Lazers, Victory Run, Valis lll, Cratermaze, Keith Courage, Final Lap Twin and the CD System Card.

bob

no. you got ripped off.

kidding... jackie chan is worth 60 alone.

DeshDildo

Whoa!  That's an awesome deal.  There are a few items in there I've been after myself.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Dicer

HailingTheThings

You silly son of a butt, even if you had no concept of what Turbo is worth, you'd still know/have an idea that this is a good deal. Back to the land of shoves-dicks-in-faces you came from, I say, back.
IMG

Ninja16608

:=============) ,(-: dick in face lol (tiny balls)

Nexus7

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/30/2014, 02:38 AMYou silly son of a butt, even if you had no concept of what Turbo is worth, you'd still know/have an idea that this is a good deal. Back to the land of shoves-dicks-in-faces you came from, I say, back.
Honestly, I never really did a ton of research on the TG-16 so I really don't know exactly how good of a deal it was. The only information I had in regards to the TG-16 was what I read in magazines back in the day and videos on youtube. I'm more knowledgeable when it comes to Nintendo consoles.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Nexus7 on 07/30/2014, 02:52 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/30/2014, 02:38 AMYou silly son of a butt, even if you had no concept of what Turbo is worth, you'd still know/have an idea that this is a good deal. Back to the land of shoves-dicks-in-faces you came from, I say, back.
Honestly, I never really did a ton of research on the TG-16 so I really don't know exactly how good of a deal it was. The only information I had in regards to the TG-16 was what I read in magazines back in the day and videos on youtube. I'm more knowledgeable when it comes to Nintendo consoles.
Still, I feel that you felt the feel that is the feeling that is obey, oh yes, you felt it in your heart chamber. Little did you know that there was an obey sized hole in your life that was instantaneously filled when you touched the good touch that is obey. Sleep with the lights on from now on, your newly purchased obey is watching. Obey... Obey... Obey....

*cackles*

IMG
IMG

slinkyturd

You got maybe 200 -250 worth in merchandise there if not more. Steal of a deal.
70/95 US Turbochips

Nexus7

Quote from: slinkyturd on 07/30/2014, 04:14 AMYou got maybe 200 -250 worth in merchandise there if not more. Steal of a deal.
And that is taken into account that the CD drive doesn't work?  Woah!!!

slinkyturd

well you have about 120 just with the working TG16 and jackie chan. extra controllers/turbo sticks are 25-30 each, turbotap is 15ish...that's just under $200 right there.
70/95 US Turbochips

Bklyn4ever

Congrats on the deal. Enjoy it. They don't come around that often these days.

NecroPhile

Good deal and a dang good bunch of games to start out with.  Get in touch with chops, steve, turbokon, or keith (or any other good repair guy I'm unintentionally omitting), and I'm sure one of 'em can get your CD drive fixed up.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Jackie Chan is really a $60 Game?  I remember when I got a loose copy for a dollar.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

slinkyturd

$60 is a good deal at this point. I've seen listing anywhere from 100-200
70/95 US Turbochips

CrackTiger

Quote from: slinkyturd on 07/30/2014, 12:30 PM$60 is a good deal at this point. I've seen listing anywhere from 100-200
They get listed for up to thousands of dollars.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nexus7 on 07/30/2014, 12:42 AMHi guys, new member here and wanted to share my recent TG-16 purchase. I never owned this console before so I was happy to finally find a solid deal on one.

This is what I received for $60.

Hardware: 

TG-16 + TG-CD (CD player doesn't work, but I use it like a TurboBooster for composite video.)

2 Turbo sticks + Turbotap

Games:

Bonk's Revenge, Pac-Land, Legendary Axe, Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu, Aero Blasters, R-Type, Blazing Lazers, Victory Run, Valis lll, Cratermaze, Keith Courage, Final Lap Twin and the CD System Card.
It's usually just the gears and lasers that go on those CD-ROM units. While it might wind up running you some more money than what you spent on your whole bundle. It's very possible to get that bad boy repaired.
--DragonmasterDan

ctophil

That's a great deal.  Of course, I don't know the conditions of the TG-16 and the games you got, if they have the jewel cases and/or the outer boxes.  Regardless, as long as the system and games work, that is the best deal I've seen in a while.  You can probably get the CD add-on fixed.  That would be even better.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/30/2014, 09:44 AMDo i need to start visiting retirement communities and seeing if little old ladies have these things tucked away in their attics?
This is a euphemism, isn't it?
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Ayce

I just paid $400 for my Turbo CD system with dock, plastic storage case for unit, 3.0 system card. Also it's modded so I can use composite cables.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Nexus7 on 07/30/2014, 12:42 AM(CD player doesn't work, but I use it like a TurboBooster for composite video.)
+1 Good to learn something new each day  :D

DeshDildo

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/30/2014, 07:03 PM
Quote from: Nexus7 on 07/30/2014, 12:42 AM(CD player doesn't work, but I use it like a TurboBooster for composite video.)
It can be used like the TurboBoister Plus and can save games on it as well.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Ayce

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2014, 06:52 PMThat isn't a bad deal, especially if the system 3.0 card was the US one. If your case has a broken latch, jelloslug sells 3d printed replacements here on these forums and on ebay.
Good to know that it wasn't that bad of a deal then. Yes, it was the US version and the case is not broken... but I did see one on eBay for $30 with broken latches if anyone is interested since there is a way to fix that now.

Nexus7

Quote from: ctophil on 07/30/2014, 04:18 PMThat's a great deal.  Of course, I don't know the conditions of the TG-16 and the games you got, if they have the jewel cases and/or the outer boxes.  Regardless, as long as the system and games work, that is the best deal I've seen in a while.  You can probably get the CD add-on fixed.  That would be even better.
TG-16 is in very good shape cosmetically. Was just a little dirty when I got it. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix. CD player has scratches on the outer case, but the docking station is in very good shape.

The games I received with manual and jewel case are Pac-Land, Aero Blasters, Bonk's Revenge, Final Lap Twin, R-Type and Blazing Lazers.   I only have the manuals for Victory Run, Valis 3, Legendary Axe and Keith Courage.

jelloslug

Quote from: Ayce on 07/30/2014, 06:40 PMI just paid $400 for my Turbo CD system with dock, plastic storage case for unit, 3.0 system card. Also it's modded so I can use composite cables.
They come with composite outputs standard.

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2014, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Desh on 07/30/2014, 09:50 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/30/2014, 07:03 PM
It can be used like the TurboBoister Plus and can save games on it as well.
stop spoon feeding nintega and he will forget something every day rather than learn something. Cocaine is a wonderful drug. :lol:
I know but since he's mellowed out a bit I'll try and be civil.  I don't think he's going to go away.

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 07/31/2014, 08:51 AM
Quote from: Ayce on 07/30/2014, 06:40 PMI just paid $400 for my Turbo CD system with dock, plastic storage case for unit, 3.0 system card. Also it's modded so I can use composite cables.
Think he means his has RCA outs.

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnymad on 07/31/2014, 10:29 AMThink he means his has RCA outs.
Don't they all, like a PCE IFU?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nexus7

Quote from: johnnymad on 07/31/2014, 10:29 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/31/2014, 08:51 AM
Composite is RCA.

jelloslug

Quote from: Nexus7 on 08/01/2014, 03:08 AM
Quote from: johnnymad on 07/31/2014, 10:29 AM
Quote from: jelloslug on 07/31/2014, 08:51 AM
Composite is RCA.
Yes it is and that is standard on the TG-CD

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: Nexus7 on 08/01/2014, 03:08 AMComposite is RCA.
The plugs are called RCA I thought. Whether they're used with a composite, component or a sound connection.

esteban

Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/01/2014, 03:53 PM
Quote from: Nexus7 on 08/01/2014, 03:08 AMComposite is RCA.
The plugs are called RCA I thought. Whether they're used with a composite, component or a sound connection.
YES
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnymad

Whoops. I thought the OP was talking about a DUO which has the DIN connector ( or whatever it's called) that ends with RCA. Thought he meant the DUO was modded to have female RCA jacks. My bad.

johnnymad

I started the downward spiral. Think I should get some credit as well.

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 04:49 PM
Quote from: johnnymad on 08/01/2014, 04:21 PMI started the downward spiral. Think I should get some credit as well.
Where it is due, i give to you: credit  =D>
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!