10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

This community rocks, thank you so much... Video Link added

Started by T2KFreeker, 06/20/2017, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2KFreeker

It's been a long time since I posted here. Things have been hectic in my life and things happened that decimated most of my gaming collection. The TurboGrafx 16 being the main one that killed me. It will mess with your sense of security and safety in your own home. It sucks. I was going to bow out of the Retro scene all together. However, some of you got together and dangled the carrot in front of me to keep me here. I received a PC Engine Duo system and the hook ups in the mail. Mainly from majors and 780Racer. I'm sure that they are not the only ones to have anything to do with this. I "GREATLY" appreciate it so much. I am embarrassed because I can't pay you all back from your generosity and kindness.

I was asked to make a video of the unboxing, which was done. As soon as I get it uploaded to Photobucket, I'll try and dump the link here and have the vid live on the site. Sorry if I look funky to any of you...lol. Point being is that, I could never say thank you to you guys enough and you almost moved me to tears. I appreciate it so much and you guys are so amazing.

If the Jaguar community and the Neo-Geo community could learn some things from this group of people right here, there would be so much more awesomeness in the retro gaming world. You guys are so awesome and thank you again.

EDIT: Video was uploaded to Youtube. The link is below, and thanks again all.
END OF LINE.

Dicer

I was literally unaware of this until today, it's nice to see people pull together to help on of their own out...

Nice work folks, you are a good bunch...mostly ;)

T2KFreeker

Now to find some games...lol

And thanks Null. If you had anything to do with this, you rock.
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/20/2017, 09:45 PM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 06/20/2017, 09:04 PMNow to find some games...lol

And thanks Null. If you had anything to do with this, you rock.
Hardly anything compared to 780 and majors, but when 780 told me the news I wanted to pitch in in some capacity. You may not be a 'philer but you a bro, bro! :D
Hey Null, you and I have always been cool. I like you, anyway...lol
END OF LINE.

Arkhan Asylum

yeah, good on them for helping get something together.   I meant to pitch in and got side tracked as usual

AND FORGOT ABOUT THE DAMN CHATROOM BECAUSE IT'S NOT ATTACHED TO THE FORUM

anyway, if you don't have an Everdrive situation sorted out, let me know because I can try and grab one at CCAG in about a month.  They always have them there, and since I am in there before it starts, I can snipe one right when the show starts before they sell out.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: Dicer on 06/20/2017, 08:31 PMI was literally unaware of this until today, it's nice to see people pull together to help on of their own out...
Same here.

Every time humanity gives me a reason to loathe our species (people with 37 items in the express lane), it gives me another one to feel good about being a part of it.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Green Beret

I don't know what exactly has happened but reading stuff like this is awesome. Great community here  =D>

RNSpeed

esteban

It pains me to type this, and I am sorry, T2KFreeker, but our feud will continue.

I just don't think we can co-exist on this planet, let alone a forum about TG-16./PCE.

ALSO: Godspeed, comrade. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2017, 10:15 PMyeah, good on them for helping get something together.   I meant to pitch in and got side tracked as usual

anyway, if you don't have an Everdrive situation sorted out, let me know because I can try and grab one at CCAG in about a month.  They always have them there, and since I am in there before it starts, I can snipe one right when the show starts before they sell out.
Didn't even know there was a chatroom. lol TK, what other games are you looking for? PM me and I can give you some freebies.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/21/2017, 08:31 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/20/2017, 10:15 PMyeah, good on them for helping get something together.   I meant to pitch in and got side tracked as usual

Didn't even know there was a chatroom. lol TK, what other games are you looking for? PM me and I can give you some freebies.
I am looking for anything. ALL of my games except for Mysterious Song and the signed Aetherbutt games were stolen because I had them in a different place.

If I had to pick some that I am particularly missing though, the Ys games, US versions because I couldn't ever play the Japanese releases, Street Fighter II and my Ave. Pad 6's, Legendary Axe II, Ninja Spirit, Splatterhouse, Super Star Soldier, Bonk's Adventure, Riot Zone, Gate of Thunder, Dracula X (Wishful thinking here...lol). All amazing and I'm pissy about them being gone. Seriously though, I'm cool with anything and appreciate the kindness. You all are so awesome. Only thing I ask is please no US Hueys because it's a Japanese system.  :P
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: esteban on 06/21/2017, 07:04 AMIt pains me to type this, and I am sorry, T2KFreeker, but our feud will continue.

I just don't think we can co-exist on this planet, let alone a forum about TG-16./PCE.

ALSO: Godspeed, comrade. :)
I know Este, we shall burn down the village and damn all of those that get in our way of vengeance!

ROFLMAO!!!! You coo!
END OF LINE.

Gypsy

PM me your info, I've got a Street Fighter II for you.

Freeway2

Dude I feel your pain as I had around 50 tg-16/pc-engine loosies taken from me not long ago.  What kept me going gaming wise was a few peeps that have been good to me up here/a fear of going back to current generation games and still having nice systems to play OBEY on/EverDrive.  I don't post alot but hearing this makes me proud to be on these forums!  Samual
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

T2KFreeker

I posted a link to the video in the first post. I hope you all get a kick out of me...lol
END OF LINE.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

T2KFreeker

END OF LINE.

esteban

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 06/22/2017, 09:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/22/2017, 03:19 PMHeh, nice pussy.
I know, right?
With the DuoTap, even the feline could join in a round of Bomberman.

Affix a ball of catnip to the I and II buttons.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

T2KFreeker

Quote from: esteban on 06/23/2017, 07:30 AM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 06/22/2017, 09:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/22/2017, 03:19 PMHeh, nice pussy.
I know, right?
With the DuoTap, even the feline could join in a round of Bomberman.

Affix a ball of catnip to the I and II buttons.

:)
LOL
END OF LINE.

blueraven

All of you, the ones who did this are good people. You know who you are.

Glad yer still around T2k :D

T2KFreeker

Quote from: blueraven on 06/24/2017, 12:20 AMAll of you, the ones who did this are good people. You know who you are.

Glad yer still around T2k :D
Hey Raven, glad you are still here too. Can't wait to check out that comic...
END OF LINE.

Kaimega

I am glad that things are starting to look up for you :)

CrackTiger

This is very cool. It's great both that people got together to help a community member out and that a Turbo/PCE fan who will genuinely appreciate it gets to play games on real hardware.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NoSexGex

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 06/20/2017, 06:50 PMthe Jaguar community and the Neo-Geo community could learn some things from this group of people right here
Damn straight
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Gypsy

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/27/2017, 02:21 PMHope you are enjoying SFII my man.
Very much so. I really appreciate it. Now I need to score the control pads...lol
END OF LINE.