RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

post your active console setup.

Started by NeoFreak, 09/14/2006, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoFreak

IMG

considering i have a small ass apartment, i'm pretty happy with
my console per square inch ratio. I highly recommend pelican's
system selector pro, it has eight component and nine s-video jacks.
[I have six systems setup right now that I can play without any
removing or un-plugging of cables] think im going to swap the cube
out for my saturn soon though, i just dont have enough shelf space.
IMG
NEC n.(en•E•shee)

dj898

I have xbox/ps2test/gc/dc all hooked up to PDP.
and saturn/ps1/wondermega/duo-rx hooked into guest room's TV.

and then there's virtual boy I occasionally take out for the spin when we have the guest - after they got bored with samba de amigo/sing star ^ ^

Tatsujin

sorry, only old pics from my set up when i lived back in swiss:

/gameco1bs4.jpg
/gameco2fm2.jpg
/gameco3ws4.jpg

at the moment i only have my PC Engine set up (+ some handhelds around). will make a new picture over weekends :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

No pictures sorry heck i still need a digital camera  :oops:

Any ways what's hook up to my 19 inch tv.

AV selector,GC,PS2 and DVD player.

Commdore 64 1702 color monitior

NeoGeo CMVS 2-slot.

The rest of my console are in my bin i just rotate what i wanna play.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

AlexKidd

I don't have any way to post a picture either right now. I used to have my systems in two rooms, my bedroom and my basement. However my futon got destroyed and I have nothing to sit on in the basement.

So for now i've got my turbo duo, saturn and snes hooked up to the tv in my room. More than that is too many cords for me. There's also a ps2 in my living room but it's mainly used as a dvd player and the occasional game of SotN.

Keranu

Tatsujin, you have the coolest video game set up BY FAR :D ! The Vectrex alone makes it the coolest! Can I live at your house? :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

Quote from: "Keranu"Can I live at your house? :)
sry bro, not possible anymore, the flat is gone and most of the stuff in daddys ol' cellar :lol:

but if you only like to come for a good old pc engine session, the door is widely open for you at anytime :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

If you care to pay for the airline ticket, I am totally cool with it :D .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: "Keranu"If you care to pay for the airline ticket, I am totally cool with it :D .
that may be the bigger problem :cry: :always emty vallet:

Seldane

You should know what all these systems are. If not, shame on you!

This pic is a bit outdated, the NTSC SNES has been replaced by a PAL SNES and the PS2 has been replaced with a newer, smaller model.

I've got plenty of other consoles in the closet (never use them) and a Mega Drive on the floor (not seen on the picture).

/systems8uk.jpg
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Chakan

interlaced.cc/desksetup.jpg

Along the row: DC, PS2 fat, SS, Genny/SCD. Fairly obvious.

Not pictured: My Duo-R which will set by the PS2 or above it.

I actually enjoy this setup. It seems fairly neat and provides me with a lot of entertainment in my own private area away from the kids... Except when they invade it to play my old games. ><

All of my other stuff is on the big TV in the living room.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: "NeoFreak"I highly recommend pelican's
system selector pro
I've gone through 3 of those now.  I only use mine for my Xbox, Xbox360, Gamecube, Playstation 2 and Dreamcast which are all hooked up in component video.  The Pelican has some crappy brandwidth and if you know what to look for, you can see some degradation in the video signal, especially in 1080i and 720p.  I kept returning them and exchanging them for new units and they all have the same problem.  But it's Pelican so what can you expect?  The newest unit I have has a remote.  I wish a quality company made a component AV selector for a good price with tons of inputs, but the max I see is usually only 4.  Suck!

TurboXray

I had the unit/model with the remote as well. I took it back because it would case corruption in 1080i/720p signals. What a shame because it had mulitple optical inputs too. The lady at Software Etc said they don't give refunds on opened game accessories. I had to calmly explain to her that the peice of crap in the box was not a 'game' accessory and that I wasn't going to leave without a refund.

NeoFreak

i have the remote version too, what tv are you guys playing on, im totally anal about the signal quality and i actually went back and forth between plugging my 360 DIRECTLY into my tv's component, and then THROUGH the pelican, i did this several times back and forth to test [when i originally bought it] and I didnt see ANY differences. were you guys getting some blurryness or what?
IMG
NEC n.(en•E•shee)

Joe Redifer

I have the Sony 34XBR960 which is one of the best rated HDTVs ever (it's CRT).  Sometimes in 480p the top of the screen will quickly jitter at random on video going through the Pelican.  It's really quick but I notice.  On 720p and especially 1080i I see moving diagonal lines of noise throughout the pictures.  The lines are very light but I can notice them.  When I hook up an HD video camera through the front input (input number 8) they are VERY apparent.  I wish my TV had a front component input for the camera.

cavein2000

I can't wait to buy a house.  My apartment's entertainment area has enough video game stuff that is mostly hidden in this video game console center I have(all enclosed) and underneath the TV behind glass.  I've actually been able to get more than 10 systems hooked up this way!  I've got everything hooked up minus a saturn that is stored until I'm ready to play dragonforce and such.  Can't wait to rock a video game room of my own!!!
What a horrible night to have a curse...

TurboXray

Quote from: "NeoFreak"what tv are you guys playing on

I have a Hitachi 53SDX20B HD set. It's a 53" 4:3 set that I bought it back in Jan '03 - mostly for games. It has a 540 60p  and two 1080 60i modes - 4:3 and 16:9 true res mode - doesn't trace the beam at the top and bottom of the CRT.

Seldane

Puh-lease. Just post your active console setup.  :roll:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

dj898

ok
here's the old photo of the setup in the family room

IMG

it doesn't show PS2TEST nor the new Xbox I replaced since...  ^ ^

Joe Redifer

OK here's some low-light pics of my two game rooms (still getting used to the settings on my camera, so sorry for the graininess/bad white balance).

ALSO NOTE THAT THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN ABOUT 5 OR 6 MONTHS AGO AND I HAVE MANY MORE GAMES NOW.

Old school room:

joeredifer.com/gameroom/01small.jpg
Looking in you can see the general setup and some games.  I also have a Windows server in here that sits on the floor where it belongs. The right speaker is hidden behind the computer monitor.  It sounds great.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/02small.jpg
A closer look at the table.  I could use a better setup, I'm sure,
but it works.  Everything except the NES is hooked
up in component video which is "teh awsum".

joeredifer.com/gameroom/03small.jpg
Might as well show a closeup of the TurboGrafx-16 with CD-ROM.
It's better than a TurboDuo simply because I say so.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/04small.jpg
Bottom shelf, some Genesis games.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/05small.jpg
Yet even more Genesis games.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/06small.jpg
The rest of the Genesis games that are on the bottom shelf.
Looks like Lightening Force is about to fall off!  I'm out of room!

joeredifer.com/gameroom/07small.jpg
Top shelf, 32X as well as some Japanese Mega Drive games.  Want to know what any of the Japanese games are?  Just ask!

joeredifer.com/gameroom/08small.jpg
The remainder of the Genesis games on the top shelf.  The last game on the right is the UK version of Splatterhouse 2.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/09small.jpg
Also on the top shelf is a small cabinet where I store my NES and SNES games and even the fabled Sega Genesis Game Genie!

joeredifer.com/gameroom/10small.jpg
Along the back wall is a shelf
holding yet even more games.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/11big.jpg
joeredifer.com/gameroom/11small.jpg
Top row: Sega CD games.  Bottom: Japanese Saturn games.
Click on the picture for a bigger view if you want to read the titles.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/12big.jpg
joeredifer.com/gameroom/12small.jpg
Top: TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine.  Bottom: US Saturn.
Click the picture for a bigger view.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/13big.jpg
joeredifer.com/gameroom/13small.jpg
Top and middle: Sega Master System.  Bottom: Neo Geo.
Click the picture for a bigger view.

Current school room:

joeredifer.com/gameroom/14small.jpg
I have my current-generation stuff hooked up to a Sony KV-34XBR960, one of the sharpest and best HDTVs ever made so far.
Shown here are the front 3 speakers and crap like that.  Not shown in any picture: the awesome subwoofer.
The Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, and Dreamcast are all hooked up via component video and run games in 480p (for the games that support it).
A few Xbox games run in 720p or 1080i or both.  I have recently purchased an Xbox360, but it is not in this picture due to the fact that this
picture was taken in the past rather than the present.  Crazy how that works!

joeredifer.com/gameroom/15small.jpg
A shot of the surround speakers.  That's right, no
home-theater-in-a-box for me!  To the right you'll see
a shelf which holds DVD movies and video games.

joeredifer.com/gameroom/16big.jpg
joeredifer.com/gameroom/16small.jpg
The bottom 3 shelves are dedicated to game crap.
Top: Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.  Middle: Dreamcast and Nintendo DS.
Bottom: Random junk.  Click the picture for a bigger view.

And that's it!  I hope you enjoyed the tour of my game rooms from 6 months ago.

Keranu

Joe that is one KICK ASS set up! Where did you get that huge RADICAL After Burner poster!? That is so awesome!

Also I could use some shelves like yours for my Genesis games.
IMG

Joe Redifer

The After Burner poster came directly from Sega of America during the Master System days.  If you received the old SEGA newsletter, there was a space in the back that allowed you to order such nonsense.  I also ordered a lame Thunder Blade poster which was much smaller.  I'm not sure what happened to it, but I remember it hanging on my wall at some point in time.

Keranu

That poster is super tight and it looks to be gigantic. I would love to have a big game poster like that. The only game posters I have are those funny Master System posters packed in a gajillion of their games and some rad Genesis/Sega-CD/Game Gear/32x ones packed with some Genesis games.
IMG

torgo

I don't have pictures yet, but currently I have games setup in 2 rooms.

Living Room:
XBOX (modified)
XBOX 360
Gamecube
I am modifying my NBA Maximum Hangtime cabinet to Golden Tee '99. That's this weekend hopefully.

All hooked through an Onkyo DS TX-989 Receiver that passes component video to my professionally calibrated Mitsubishi 46-inch 46809 CRT Widescreen TV (1080i capable)

Computer/Media Room (I just connected the speakers yesterday):
Sony Wega 32-inch SD TV
Marantz 8400 Receiver
Yamaha 5.1 Speakers

Systems hooked-up:
Dreamcast (Sound into the receiver, 17-inch LCD via VGA Adaptor)
Playstation 2
Vectrex
PSP
Nintendo DS
GBA SP
Neo Geo Pocket Color
MAS Supergun
Sega Saturn
Atari Jaguar w/CD Drive
Tivo Series 1 (Modified)
TurboDuo
Neo Geo AES w/MVS Adaptor
SNES
N64
Sega Genesis w/CD

Gaming PC w/21-inch CRT Monitor.

I hope to get the room cleaned up tonight and get some pictures. I'm still trying to find some games-related posters to hang up, I just don't remember where I put them  :?
PS Nation

Tatsujin

yeah..very nice AB-poster indeed! :D

Ninja Spirit

These are rather old, from like when I first joined these boards last year. I'll come up with some new ones soon.

IMG
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/Oldschoolage/Dracula_X_Screen.jpg

IMG
Master System Collection on the floor

IMG
Super Famicom system running Rockman and Forte.

IMG
The region switch on my Duo-R and in the background you can see my colossal NES collection

Keranu

Nice set up, Ninja Spirit. I could use a TV stand like yours and I also could use a few shelves to store my games on.
IMG

torgo

I don't have all of my games organized on shelves yet, but here's some :pretty-close to being done" pics of my gaming room. I don't have any shots from downstairs, where my XBOX, 360, and Gamecube are connected either.

Neo Geo AES w/MVS Adaptor, SNES, N64, TurboDuo, Sega CD
IMG
https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/torgo100/IMG_0939.jpg
IMG

Marantz SR8400 Receiver, MAS Supergun w/SFII Alpha, Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar w/cd
IMG
IMG

Dreamcast on a VGA LCD, Gaming PC
IMG

Vectrex, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBA SP, PSP, DS
IMG

The room's not clean as you can see, but all of the speakers are hung etc. I may be getting a new 32-inch Hi Def TV next week for this room as well.
PS Nation

Keranu

IMG

PCEngineHell

/roompic1ov5.jpg
/roompic2at1.jpg
/roompic3bq7.jpg
/roompic4cq1.jpg
/roompic5cs5.jpg

This is not all the gaming equipment I have in the house,this is just my bedroom set up just for me. There is a corner of the room stacked with vga monitors and a few more computers and computer cases. I didnt bother taking a pic of it,I would but its far too messy. Maybe I will after I get it sorted out more. What else did not turn up in the pictures is alot of the unopened action figures I have on the bedroom wall,ones of Ghost in the Shells major,Robocop,Dragons Lair ect....if you look close in the poor quality pics of mine you will see a Transformers thermos mug from 1987.Almost 20 years old now,I wish I still had the lunch box too. Th emug would be mint if I had the red cup/lid.On top of the tv is where I keep the pc games currently being played or will be played or quality checked,and I have another area where I keep the rest of them.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Joe Rediferjoeredifer.com/gameroom/02small.jpg
I have that same exact MD player you got.

Joe Redifer

guyjin

Me three! (well, it's silver, but yeah!)  :o

I don't use it much anymore, though :(