10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

It came from the desert MOVIE

Started by bob, 02/14/2015, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitsuman

Been following this on the book of faces. Pretty excited to see it completed.

NightWolve

BigusSchmuck

Let me guess, the Sea of Love is going to be the theme song? lol

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2015, 12:21 PMStock up on the CIB and sealeds while you can! This is going tp be the next 4-figure game on the ebays!
Also, the DVD for this movie will be in bargain bins in 3..2..1..
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

Iron Sky was cool so this is probably in good hands.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/14/2015, 11:05 PMIron Sky was cool so this is probably in good hands.
Good to know.

I haven't seen anything, but I thought it was safe to assume it was garbage, ha!

But did you see the horrible CGI dirtbikes in the title screen (last 10 seconds) of trailer?

I would have left it out, personally.

Of course, if the film is good, the film is good.

A title sequence is not going to make or break a film. :)

NecroPhile

If it's anywhere near as silly as Iron Sky, they'll have captured the Turbob game perfectly.

And it fucking better have the Sea of Love in it somewhere.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2015, 10:37 AMIf it's anywhere near as silly as Iron Sky, they'll have captured the Turbob game perfectly.

And it fucking better have the Sea of Love in it somewhere.  :mrgreen:
SEA OF LOVE RULES.

That is the one thing that unites all folks, I think.

jlued686

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

I don't know.... there is a comment on the page KingDrool linked to...basically asking, "Why even call this ICFTD?"

I would watch this simply because giant killer ants = fun concept.

If it has "ICFTD" branding, I would *hope* that there would some creative connection to Amiga or TG-CD versions.

Since nobody knows the TG-CD version, but it was FMV, I would have loved it if a person was "watching" scenes from TG-CD ICFTD on a phone...or have someone listening to "Sea of Love" in a scene...or a short clip of the Radio DJ from "K-O-O-L. 99.9 on your FM dial"... is heard in a scene....just obscure cameos like that would make me happy.

I don't need more than that.

Of course, I don't think TG-CD IP was included in the contract that the film studio has. Plus, unless a film's producer/director was a TG-CD fan, this would never happen.

Moot, meet moot.

BUT I CSN DREALM!

I CSN.

-----

VERDICT: OF COURSE I AM WATCHING THIS WITH (some?) of my kids!

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 05/18/2017, 11:12 AMhttps://www.google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2014/2/11/5397898/fmv-game-developer-kenneth-melville-passes-away
Damn. I never thought to look at his other work, outside of Cinemaware and TG-CD ICFTD.

This means that I'm never going to be able to talk to him about the "Sea of Love"...