10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Hasbrolab

Started by Medic_wheat, 02/24/2018, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

So I am unfamiliar with Hasbrolab. Apparently it's Hasbro (Kickstarter). With that said I recently became aware of Hasbrolab because of their most recent announcement. The Star Wars retro inspired Jaba's sail Barge.

A beast of a play set with a backing price of $499 plus tax.

Now that isn't all. As the project won't be backed unless 5,000 people (pre-order) the behemoth to ensure it's creation past a 3D rendering and concept show pics presnelt used to promote it.

There appeared to be mixed reactions. But what doesn't get mixed reactions these days.

Link to YouTube personality discussion his opinions here
Here is a local Dan video of the prototype
Personally. I am down like a clown for this. I signed up and slapped down the cash today for it. Don't know if it will come to fruition. Might just get my cash refunded in a few weeks or months. Time will tell.

sirhcman

Why does a company that had $5 billion in revenue for 2016 (and made 1/2 billion in net income) need to kickstart anything?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2018, 08:51 PMWhy does a company that had $5 billion in revenue for 2016 (and made 1/2 billion in net income) need to kickstart anything?
That is the primary backlash.

I view it less as a ministry need. But a way to gauage the market for what people say they want and willing to fork over the cash

Keeping in mind  this will be BIGGER then the USD Flagg.

Something. This size hasn't been made by a toy company since the 80s

NecroPhile

This thing is like the giant Lego sets but without the fun of putting it together or the coolness of being Lego.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2018, 11:24 AMThis thing is like the giant Lego sets but without the fun of putting it together or the coolness of being Lego.
It's funny you should mention LEGO.

From what I can tell LEGO is the only company that has this palyswt/vehicle avilable. Granted it came out in 2005 is smaller and goes for $617 new. Not sure if that was MSRP new or current asking price new.

NecroPhile

Googlerins says Jabba's Sail Barge had two sets: set #6210 in 2006 with an original MSRP of $75 (781 pieces) and set #75020 in 2013 with an original MSRP of $120 (850 pieces).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2018, 12:20 PMGooglerins says Jabba's Sail Barge had two sets: set #6210 in 2006 with an original MSRP of $75 (781 pieces) and set #75020 in 2013 with an original MSRP of $120 (850 pieces).
Thank you for that clarification.