Help me figure out Builderland...

Started by SavagePencil, 01/19/2007, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavagePencil

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Recently got ahold of Builderland on CD for the Turbo Duo.  Can anyone explain the interface for me?  It appears that there's an area to store items (or perhaps in later levels they just give you some up there).  Most importantly, if my dude gets stuck, is there a way to kill him and restart the level quickly?

guyjin

didn't even know this game existed. So obviously i can't help you  8-[

good luck finding someone here who does.

OldRover

I've never heard of it either, but then again, I'm not much of a PCE expert... ](*,) 8-[ #-o
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

_Paul

Tatsujin

have that one somewhere, but never really watched into. will do that by time :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

I have it, & have played it, but, I can't get realy far into it, so, any info on this game would be appreciated!
IMG

SavagePencil

OK, I finally spent some time with it and figured some things out.

Hitting SELECT + I (maybe it's SELECT + II, I can't remember) will kill your dude and let you re-spawn at the last checkpoint.

The game is HARD, and you can screw yourself pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what all the bonus objects do yet; the knife is pretty self-explanatory (throws a knife in front of you), the mining pick will let you dig through soil.  I have no idea what the shoes do (perhaps let you walk over explosive mines?), or what the evil mask does (scare enemies?).

I like the game, but it is a bit confusing.  If you can assemble a house (special parts), your guy will stop and knock on the door, but it doesn't appear to do anything.