Cho Aniki Gameplay

Started by wolfman, 08/24/2014, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfman

Is there someone who has played it? I am a bit puzzled....

In this gameplay video one can clearly see that one of the optional muscle men shoots out of his head:
However when I play it, I get the man (most of the time both of them), but he doesn´t shoot - the only thing I can do is the suicied attack with button I.

Is there a hidden option somehwere that I am missing or is the emu rom different from the original CD?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

ToyMachine78

Every time I play it randomly performs the head shot. I can attack in all directions but I haven't figured out how to intentionally perform the head blast.

wolfman

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2014, 03:20 PMEvery time I play it randomly performs the head shot. I can attack in all directions but I haven't figured out how to intentionally perform the head blast.
I am not talking about Idaten (the figure you play with), I mean one of the 2 guys you get in the game as a sidekick-option. They shoot out of THEIR heads in the video, which doesn´t happen in my game...
CryptoCoin Warrior

wolfman

CryptoCoin Warrior

Ayce

That looks like a rather interesting game... the music is a bit annoying and captivating at the same time.

Tatsujin

the music is awesomest.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

wolfman

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/28/2014, 05:05 AMthe music is awesomest.
:D

I´m surprised you didn´t play it before Ai Cho Aniki....
CryptoCoin Warrior

Nec.Game.head

I play it here and there at times. Great music insanely gay game play, but a fun game to play and to have a good laugh at with your friends !! All in all not a bad game at all to own !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

wolfman

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 08/30/2014, 03:40 AMI play it here and there at times. Great music insanely gay game play, but a fun game to play and to have a good laugh at with your friends !! All in all not a bad game at all to own !!
Did you ever see the muscle men side ships fire out of their heads???
CryptoCoin Warrior

Nec.Game.head

lol ha I've seen it all !! The more I think about it the more I laugh, I'm claiming this game as a must have gem at this point !!!

/bRCXRG.png
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

esteban

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 08/30/2014, 02:52 PMlol ha I've seen it all !! The more I think about it the more I laugh, I'm claiming this game as a must have gem at this point !!!

/bRCXRG.png
Cho Aniki
Ai Cho Aniki

Not the same game. At all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: wolfman on 08/24/2014, 02:32 PMIs there someone who has played it? I am a bit puzzled....

In this gameplay video one can clearly see that one of the optional muscle men shoots out of his head:
However when I play it, I get the man (most of the time both of them), but he doesn´t shoot - the only thing I can do is the suicied attack with button I.

Is there a hidden option somehwere that I am missing or is the emu rom different from the original CD?
Doesn't shoot the charge beam or doesn't shoot anything ? Have you tried turning the turbo buttons on or off (gotta start somewhere)? (I'm assuming you're playing this on the real system)

wolfman

Quote from: TurboXray on 08/31/2014, 01:31 PM
Quote from: wolfman on 08/24/2014, 02:32 PMIs there someone who has played it? I am a bit puzzled....

Doesn't shoot the charge beam or doesn't shoot anything ? Have you tried turning the turbo buttons on or off (gotta start somewhere)? (I'm assuming you're playing this on the real system)
The muscle men don´t shoot anything. Turbo buttons don´t change a thing there, as only Idaten shoots...and it is not about the speed of shooting.

I want to know WHY the muscle men don´t shoot in my game as opposed to the video I linked.

BTW I am playing on a real console.
CryptoCoin Warrior

Psycho Punch

I'm gay for obey and this is the series of games that allow me to show it.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: wolfman on 09/01/2014, 05:32 AM
Quote from: TurboXray on 08/31/2014, 01:31 PM

The muscle men don´t shoot anything. Turbo buttons don´t change a thing there, as only Idaten shoots...and it is not about the speed of shooting.

I want to know WHY the muscle men don´t shoot in my game as opposed to the video I linked.

BTW I am playing on a real console.
The lack of responses reveals that fewer folks (actively posting here) have actually played this than I thought.

I've played a few stages years ago, but I don't remember the mechanics too well...you should bug PunkCryborg or shubibiman with a PM. Link to this thread and tell them Esteban wants this matter resolved ASAP.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wolfman

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 09:23 AM4
The lack of responses reveals that fewer folks (actively posting here) have actually played this than I thought.

I've played a few stages years ago, but I don't remember the mechanics too well...you should bug PunkCryborg or shubibiman with a PM. Link to this thread and tell them Esteban wants this matter resolved ASAP.

:pcgs:
:)
CryptoCoin Warrior

cabbage

Are you using a multi-tap? Try it without.
I haven't played this game in a while but if I recall correctly it's something like: Hold button to shoot regular shot and release it to shoot the beam. Or maybe it was tap button for regular, hold for beam... something not terribly complicated anyway.
There's an invisible beam meter of sorts, I believe, which 'fills' as you hit stuff with your regular shot. But it fills very quickly and it's rare to not be able to use the beam.
If you still can't figure it out, I guess I'll dig out my copy later and give it a play. (Probably will anyway--it's a very fun game)

Nec.Game.head

Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2014, 07:23 PM
Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 08/30/2014, 02:52 PMlol ha I've seen it all !! The more I think about it the more I laugh, I'm claiming this game as a must have gem at this point !!!

/bRCXRG.png
Cho Aniki
Ai Cho Aniki

Not the same game. At all.
Oops lol my bad brotha !! Can I get a hug ???

/rei_cho_aniki031_zpsfb8a73b1.jpg