OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Visited Dobuita/Yokosuka (Shen Mue f0'real) 56K Alarm!! =)

Started by Tatsujin, 05/05/2007, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

During the GW (Goldenweek) i went for a small trip to Yokosuka, more precisely Dobita, the original setting of Yu Suzuki's Shen Mue 1 for the Dreamcast.
Here my pics:

N-Joy :)

Dobuita stores:
/store1ox6.jpg
/store2du1.jpg
/store3ui6.jpg
/store4ju9.jpg
/store6no9.jpg
/store7od6.jpg
/store8zw6.jpg
/store9ai8.jpg
/store10th3.jpg
/store11oy9.jpg
/store12hh1.jpg
/store13bu5.jpg
/store56xr6.jpg

Dobuita Locations (Dobuita Street):
/dobuita1cw0.jpg
/dobuita2rf4.jpg
/dobuita3xx2.jpg
/dobuita4uw5.jpg
/dobuita5om7.jpg
/dobuita6xd8.jpg
/dobuita8ig3.jpg
/dobuita9gf6.jpg
/dobuita10ec9.jpg
/dobuita11wq4.jpg
/dobuita12fn8.jpg
/dobuita13pn7.jpg
/dobuita14uh7.jpg
/dobuita15jh7.jpg
/dobuita16vn8.jpg
/dobuita17do8.jpg
/dobuita18lq7.jpg
/dobuita19tq7.jpg
/dobuita20tu4.jpg
/dobuita21up8.jpg
/dobuita22vr9.jpg
/dobuita23fj1.jpg
/dobuita24qm1.jpg
/dobuita25kb7.jpg
/gamerf1.jpg
/lamp1ti3.jpg
/lamp2ck0.jpg

Yokosuka Harbour:
/harbour4ff7.jpg
/harbour5az9.jpg
/harbour6rn1.jpg
/harbour3pm8.jpg
/harbour2lo9.jpg
/harbour7nm7.jpg
/harbour1ly6.jpg

some people who played shen mue, will maybe recognize some locations or similarities of them. especially the shops on the dobuita street are almost 1:1 authentics :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Seldane

Very nice pics. Thank you dearly for posting them. I've never played Shenmue, but I enjoyed looking at these pictures anyway.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

termis

Totally cool.  I can definitely make out some locations -- parking lot, the stairway from the parking lot, some shops even with the same name, harbor, etc. etc. 

I didn't quite get the house with the plants/trees, though.   :?:

Thanks for sharing that.  Now that's a video-game trip  :D

grahf

JoshTurboTrollX

That is awesome!! Wait no Sonic The hedgehog capsule machines?? No sale!

lol-

Thanks for posting these awesome pix!

Definitely seeing some familiar places in those pix
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Hey where's godzilla damn it all ! jk

Still nice pics any ways for the most part.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Wow they really went to a ton of effort to make that game look authentic.  Or maybe they changed the city after Shenmue came out so it would be more like the game.  Thanks for posting that.

ParanoiaDragon

Man, I still need to beat that game, I remember the last thing I was doing, was coming out of a bar, where I was looking for young men in the navy or something like that :lol:
IMG

Digi.k

Shenmue really does look very close to Dobuita!!

Unfortunately I can't say the same for Shenmue II since its 'loosely' based around Kowloon Hong Kong.

Ninja Spirit

If you want a virtual trip around London England, play "The Getaway" for PS2.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/05/2007, 11:54 PMWow they really went to a ton of effort to make that game look authentic.  Or maybe they changed the city after Shenmue came out so it would be more like the game.  Thanks for posting that.
yes, i will go for the 2nd one as well^^ but we have to consider, that shen mue plays in '85. it also was a completly different place to what we can watch nowadays anyway.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..