10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Original full-size Johnny Five robot from Short Circuit on Ebay

Started by TR0N, 07/25/2007, 05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

wow, thats so cool, haha. I wish I owned that robot.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

_Paul

NecroPhile

Kinda cool and for the low, low price of only $120,000 (or more).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BonkThis

If johnny 5 is alive and he is now being sold on ebay isnt that like human trafficing sorta?

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: BonkThis on 07/25/2007, 11:06 AMIf johnny 5 is alive and he is now being sold on ebay isnt that like human trafficing sorta?
LOL!

Anyway, this is probably the coolest thing on Ebay. I kinda wish Planet Hollywood would snatch him up and use him as a door greeter though. :)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

2X4

What?  They're selling him on eBay?!!!  Oh sure, kidnap the humans, liquidate the MACHINE!!!  OOOOOH!!!  And for only $120,000?  In 1988 he was worth $11,002,076 and 17 cents!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

guyjin

man, that brings back some memories...

I wonder why they never made a licenced short circuit video game?

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 07/26/2007, 05:06 PMman, that brings back some memories...

I wonder why they never made a licenced short circuit video game?
Amend that to 'a licensed short circuit video game for common consoles'.  Otherwise....
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

I'd rather have a Mark 13 robot. Johnny 5 only got mad at people,Mark 13 would drill their fuckin eyes out and cut them into tiny bits with its chainsaw limb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099740/

2X4

I was just recently thinking about how cool a short circuit game would be for the turbo!

That and a transformers game . . .
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2007, 05:21 PMAmend that to 'a licensed short circuit video game for common consoles'.  Otherwise....
that almost makes me want a C64. ALMOST.

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2007, 05:21 PMAmend that to 'a licensed short circuit video game for common consoles'.  Otherwise....
Dude awesome, I never knew of any Short Circuit video games! Thanks for informing me, I have to play that!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Man if I were to get that thing, I'd be getting a kick out of him saying
LOS LOCOS KICK YOUR ASS
LOS LOCOS KICK YOUR FACE
LOS LOCOS KICK YOUR BALLS
INTO OUTER SPACE

Keranu

IMG

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/26/2007, 05:26 PMI'd rather have a Mark 13 robot. Johnny 5 only got mad at people,Mark 13 would drill their fuckin eyes out and cut them into tiny bits with its chainsaw limb.

Michael, I'm so disappointed. Mark 13 is lame.

Now, Maximilian from "The Black Hole" .... Holy crap, that bastard scared the hell out of me when I was a kid! Even in the kid's picture / storybook, Maximilian was one scary motherf***er.

Mark 13, psshhhhhht. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

I have not seen that movie in forever. Maximilian was awesome. You ever see Ice Pirates?

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 07/27/2007, 07:30 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/26/2007, 05:26 PMI'd rather have a Mark 13 robot. Johnny 5 only got mad at people,Mark 13 would drill their fuckin eyes out and cut them into tiny bits with its chainsaw limb.

Now, Maximilian from "The Black Hole" .... Holy crap, that bastard scared the hell out of me when I was a kid! Even in the kid's picture / storybook, Maximilian was one scary motherf***er.

The Black Hole is one of my favorite movies from disney.

Sure the acting sucks, but i like the look of the movie and how it's presented.

Funny how it has become a cult classic like the movie tron has.

Btw you can get it on dvd, Disney took to the time to clean up the picture etc.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/27/2007, 08:19 PMI have not seen that movie in forever. Maximilian was awesome. You ever see Ice Pirates?
I haven't seen it since I was in middle school, but I really liked that movie. I have only seen the "television edit", though, so I should definitely watch it again.

I know I watched Ice Pirates a few times, because the local station (WPIX Channel 11 in NYC) used to play the movie every year or so as a "Movie Matinee". Many of these "Movie Matinees" became personal favorites of mine (like "Stick" (Burt Reynolds) and "Blind Fury" (Rutger Hauer), "Bad Boys", "NightHawks", etc. etc.).

Crap, now I want to watch Ice Pirates UNEDITED.

You're going to cry, but for a lot of great films, I've only seen WPIX's television edit!

PCEngineHell

esteban

Quote from: <TRON> on 07/27/2007, 10:16 PM

You see, the problem with threads like this is that now I've added 187 more titles to my NetFlix queue. :)  I'm glad Disney took the time to  make a nice DVD, I can't wait to see it.

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2007, 10:13 AM
Quote from: <TRON> on 07/27/2007, 10:16 PM

You see, the problem with threads like this is that now I've added 187 more titles to my NetFlix queue. :)  I'm glad Disney took the time to  make a nice DVD, I can't wait to see it.
That they did i had the "one by anchor bay.. wich was ok but not much on the extras.

Then disney released, The Black Hole again them self's on dvd and clean-up the picture and all. Also they throwed in a behind on the scenes for how the special effects were done.

If any thing get the disney release of the black hole on dvd.

Pretty much it's the best version of it.
IMG