10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Need advice on selling loads of game stuff

Started by M1Savage, 02/06/2008, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1Savage

It's come time for me to sell off most of my old/extra videogame stuff. PC FX and PC Engine stuff would be a no brainer as I'm sure I can post it here and someone will eventually take it off my hands. My question is, stuff like Jaguar, Genesis, 3DO, etc., would it be better to try and unload them on forums such as this, put it all on a website, or Ebay everything? Sell it all individually, or in big lumps? The problem is other than pc engine stuff, I really have little idea what other systems are even worth these days. Any advice from any of you guys who have done this recently would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, all the old magazines are still marked to go to esteban like they have been for the last two years.  :mrgreen:

Turbo D

I'd be interested in items that are complete and good condition as long as I don't already own them, haha.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Why have you chosen to get rid of your old stuff?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

PCEngineHell

Why have you chosen to not type up a complete list and present it here to us yet :( .

Also,I kinda need a 3DO again...

M1Savage

I'd better clarify that I am keeping my pc engine collection other than some EXTRA stuff so it's not like I'm getting out  of gaming all together.  I'll probably keep some dreamcast stuff too. Other then that though, most of the rest of it will be leaving soon.

As for why, I'm not doing it thinking I'm going to get rich off of it or anything. The last time I did this was about 7 years ago when I cleared out all systems and stuff up through about the NES/Master System era. I find I haven't really missed too much of that stuff since then. Just time to do it again I guess.  :)

As for a list, that may take some time but if anyone is looking for anything in particular feel free to PM me.

esteban

Quote from: m1savage on 02/06/2008, 08:25 PMOh yeah, all the old magazines are still marked to go to esteban like they have been for the last two years.  :mrgreen:
Hahhahahhahahaa. Has it only been two years? I thought it was more along the lines of 3-4 years :)

I can't believe I'm actually in NJ now. I'm glad I didn't have to lug them across the country :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MissaFX

If I have cash when you do this, I might be interested in some 3DO stuff.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

M1Savage

Quote from: esteban on 02/06/2008, 09:13 PMHahhahahhahahaa. Has it only been two years? I thought it was more along the lines of 3-4 years :)

I can't believe I'm actually in NJ now. I'm glad I didn't have to lug them across the country :)
Just trying to make your life easier.  :lol:

OldRover

I would probably be interested in the Jaguar stuff...
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

rolins

Quote from: m1savage on 02/06/2008, 09:02 PMAs for why, I'm not doing it thinking I'm going to get rich off of it or anything. The last time I did this was about 7 years ago when I cleared out all systems and stuff up through about the NES/Master System era. I find I haven't really missed too much of that stuff since then. Just time to do it again I guess.  :)
Well I'm always interested in any NES shmups you might have. Any joysticks? Got anything MSX related perhaps?

Dark Fact

You're not the only one who needs to get rid of old gaming stuff, Savage.  I have an Atari 2600, a NES, and a SNES that I need to hock off.  Unfortunately, nobody seems that interested in them anymore. :(
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

OldRover

I'd be interested in the Atari 2600 and the SNES... :D
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

OldRover

Nothing wrong with having some love for the SNES...I know I'd really love to be able to play Actraiser and Super Mario World again on the real thing. :D

Dark Fact

Cool.  Now if I can find someone who wants a NES, I'll be in business. :D
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

M1Savage

I think the only SNES stuff I have left is a system, a few games and a super game boy thing. Never really got into the SNES for some reason.

Dark Fact

I've got a shitload of games for the Atari 2600 and NES but only a measly four for SNES.  You guys are on your own in terms of cartridge hunting. :-({|=

OldRover

Lately, I seem to have no problems finding games. :D

MurderDate

if you could offer a nice NES or Genesis bundle I would possibly take it.   I'm bored and feeling nostalgic for my youth.   

edit: actually I need to call my mom and see where all that stuff disappeared to
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

bust3dstr8

You should have no problem getting rid of the Jag stuff on AtariAge.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

quoth09

I would possibly be interested in just about anything. PM me a full list when you get the chance, and I will look over it. Why not do a sales thread, that way everyone can look over it all?

Dark Fact

Talking about me quoth? If so, what prices are you willing to pay for the systems based on what conditions?