My CG II actually arrived today

Started by MissaFX, 02/19/2008, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

MissaFX

It took like 60 days, but my CG II has finally arrived.  I am pretty annoyed that Hit-Japan has refused to respond to any of my emails since the 3rd of Feb.  I have no idea what their problem was, but I am just glad it is here.  I do have one question though, is it normal for it to sometimes boot up with just like a white screen?  But if you turn it off and back on it will boot the game normally?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

OldRover

Well it's about goddamn time.

As for the white screen, it just means the card isn't seated properly, or the connection is incomplete.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nectarsis

Congrats   :)  The wait is FINALLY over.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

guyjin

wow, I thought they'd taken your money and run for sure.

As for the white screen, if it keeps happening, you may wanna open the thing and clean the contacts.

bust3dstr8

WoooHoooo Missa!!!!!!!!!

Take a can of compressed air and blast the vents and card slot to get the dust out,
you never know how long that thing may have sat.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

MissaFX

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 02/19/2008, 09:01 PMWoooHoooo Missa!!!!!!!!!

Take a can of compressed air and blast the vents and card slot to get the dust out,
you never know how long that thing may have sat.
I tried some compressed air at first but this thing is sooo clean and scuff free it's like practically new.  It even came with the little piece to cover the back port :D

I'm going to order a screwdriver and then I'll open it up and check out the contacts.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Keranu

Congratulations !! Now you can finally enjoy one of the finest systems ever made.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Nazi NecroPhile

Finally!  What'd they do, send it via carrier pigeon?  Have fun with the best Japanese base PCE (best 'cause it's orange).

As for the white screen problem: it's a connection problem (like others have already said), but make sure you clean both the socket's and the HuCard's connections.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Congratulations Missa! I'd still press charges or leave extremely negative feedback or something.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Turbo D

congrats on finally receiving it Missa!  :) Now you can get started on some high quality shooters  :mrgreen:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

elnino

Glad to hear that you've finally got your system. I'm kinda surprised about the service from hit-japan because I have never run into problems with him so far.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

MissaFX

Quote from: elnino on 02/20/2008, 04:58 AMGlad to hear that you've finally got your system. I'm kinda surprised about the service from hit-japan because I have never run into problems with him so far.
I'm surprised too, but Hit-Japan refuses to this day to email me back, even to tell me why they will not email me back.  The last time I heard from them was the day they gave me an invalid EMS (people should note my package was not shipped EMS in the first place) tracking number for my package on the 3rd of Feb.  I haven't even accused them of anything, anything at all...yet.

At least I now know if anything, anything at all goes wrong with an order what the real face of Hit-Japan is:
IMG
After I clean my teeth from the last ebayer, I'll get to you my pretty!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

I was thinking of picking up a PCE, but not from these guys.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat

Now that you have your car, there's no excuse not to spring for a SuperGrafx and that copy of Battle Ace.  :D

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 02/20/2008, 11:44 AMNow that you have your car, there's no excuse not to spring for a SuperGrafx and that copy of Battle Ace.  :D
I don't really want that anymore, just a normal PCE.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat


MissaFX

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 11:40 AMI was thinking of picking up a PCE, but not from these guys.
I'm honestly guessing at this point that their English speaking worker has changed, unless they are just shifty bastages who will try to cover up any problem that might exist.  

Since they really did mail out my CGII, I am totally confused as to why they are playing games with me and not just being upfront with me.  Ignoring customers, even ones you are not having 100% happy times with just doesn't seem like a way to treat someone trying in earnest to just figure out what is going on with their order...

Except for the fact that they sold me Anime Freak Vol 5 a long time ago with only disc 1, I have never had a problem dealing with Hit-Japan.  When I had that bump it was a huge hassle though and they were adamant that it was a 1 disc "game" for the longest time.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Ceti Alpha

Woa!! Gratz on finally getting your prize Missa!!  :dance: I have to admit that I had my doubts you were ever going to see it.  :-$ Anyway, now you can enjoy the joy of the PCE.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Nazi NecroPhile

So, what was the date on the postage?  Did your Core II fall victim to slow ass shipping, or was it held hostage for a few weeks before shipping?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2008, 02:36 PMSo, what was the date on the postage?  Did your Core II fall victim to slow ass shipping, or was it held hostage for a few weeks before shipping?
It was in shipping that whole time :shock:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

TR0N

Congrats on finally getting your,CGII from hit-japan missa.

Can't say i've had problems with the seller but at the most i buy from,Hit-Japan is games i haven't mess with buying consoles from them.

Just yesterday i got battletoads from them for my famicom.

Still some times i hear mix reponse's for there service.

More offen it's over there gradeing scale and nothing more.

Have fun with the core i all ways like how compact they are.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

talk about your slow boats to china...

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guyjin on 02/21/2008, 10:36 AMtalk about your slow boats to china...
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS... CARMEN SANDIEGO! LOL


hi nate!
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

natethegreat82

 It's crazy that it took that long to be delivered. I bought a Neo Geo CDZ from hit-japan back on December 18 and I received it January 2. Anyway, congratulations!