RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

New Adventure Island is underrated.

Started by PukeSter, 12/04/2013, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyuHayabusa

Very good game and one that I've played through on a couple of occasions. Still like Super Adventure Island a little bit better, in no small part because of the amazing Yuzo soundtrack, but I love both games.

TurboXray

I was watching Super Adventure Island playthrough the other day, and it looks like an early tech demo for the the snes. Doesn't look that fun (somehow I missed out on this game BITD; the snes one).

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/03/2014, 08:37 PMI was watching Super Adventure Island playthrough the other day, and it looks like an early tech demo for the the snes. Doesn't look that fun (somehow I missed out on this game BITD; the snes one).
I always found it fun, plus it has a bit more variety than some AI games with swimming, mine carts, etc. Plus the level 2 music is the best tropical tune ever.

Tatsujin

yeah, yuzo musics rox in sai. but nai is the much better and challanging game gameplay wise.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..