12/06/2023: Localization News - Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria!!!

OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The TurboGrafx-16

Started by CrackTiger, 06/14/2009, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

CrackTiger

I was the Best Man at my buddy's wedding last night. At one of the parties a few days ago, I was at a table with the Maid of Honor who I don't know and a couple other people. Someone brought up my "Transformers" tattoo which led to them asking about the PC Engine tattoo. I told them what it was called, but that they wouldn't know what it was. One girl said that I should get a tattoo of an "Atari". I explained that I didn't have one growing up and that the PC Engine was something important from my childhood just like Transformers.

Then out of nowhere the quiet Maid of Honor turns to me and says: "Yeah well, have you heard of the TurboGrafx-16?"

I was completely taken off guard, but basically told her that that is exactly what the PC Engine is. She then said something like: "That's what I used to play."

I didn't get into it any further with her, as there was so much going on, but it was so crazy since so few people have any clue what the TG-16 is, let alone a woman and how we came to meet and that she was the one who brought it up.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jperryss

Do I sense a date in the near future?  Heehee.

exile

I was thinking the same thing! Co-op play for life how romantic

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2009, 01:06 PMThen out of nowhere the quiet Maid of Honor turns to me and says: "Yeah well, have you heard of the TurboGrafx-16?"
YOU MUST GET THAT GIRL'S NUMBER. NOW.

nat

That's a cool story, CrackTiger.

About 2 months ago I had lunch with my high school sweetheart, whom I had literally not seen or head from for 10 years. During our catching up and reminiscing, out of the blue she asks, "Remember how I used to want to play your video games all the time, what was that game we always played, Axe of Legend or something like that? And how about that other game that you loved that you always tried to get me to like, Space-something?" Like CrackTiger, it caught me off completely off guard, since TurboGrafx was not high on the list of things to reminisce about when talking to someone I haven't seen for 10 years and I never in a million years would guess that she would be the one to bring it up.

Arkhan Asylum

everyone just asks me:

"whats that stupid system you never shut up about with the credit card games".

:(


BT, you shouldve proposed on the spot to that lady lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

CrackTiger!, your homework is to bone that ho! :twisted: :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Nazi NecroPhile

Simply awesome.  You did offer to buy her a fish sandwich and challenge her to a round of Bomberman, right?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/15/2009, 11:39 AMSimply awesome.  You did offer to buy her a fish sandwich and challenge her to a round of Bomberman, right?
Fish Sandwich?

Was that a Leon Phelps reference? lolol.

SO YOU DONT WANT A FISH SAMWICH.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

termis

I'm not quite sure why vast majority of people don't have a clue what the TG16 is about.  I recall regularly seeing the commercials back when it was introduced.

Tatsujin

so cute O:)

does she look pristine?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/15/2009, 10:16 PMso cute O:)

does she look pristine?
Yeah! Is she mint, new, OMGRAER and sealed?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DJLobo

CrackTiger & Nat - Good stories. People will surprise you sometimes with what they remember.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

CrackTiger

Quote from: guyjin on 06/14/2009, 03:01 PMYOU MUST GET THAT GIRL'S NUMBER. NOW.
I already have the perfect hetero-life-mate. Not that she's crazy into retro games on her own or anything, but when she moved in with me she did bring along her Genesis and games from back in the day. The other day when I showed her the Kolibri cart I received in the mail, I told her how it was made by the people who did Ecco and that it stars a humming bird instead of a dolphin and she asked me to set up the 32X for her.


Today on my break I stopped by Safeway to pick up a few things and a guy recognized my PC Engine tattoo and complimented me on it. He said that he has a Coregrafx with CD-ROM and Arcade Card. I was in too much of a rush to chat him up, but maybe he's already a member here?

Usually people just call it a "Nintendo".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2009, 03:38 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 06/14/2009, 03:01 PMYOU MUST GET THAT GIRL'S NUMBER. NOW.
I already have the perfect hetero-life-mate. Not that she's crazy into retro games on her own or anything, but when she moved in with me she did bring along her Genesis and games from back in the day. The other day when I showed her the Kolibri cart I received in the mail, I told her how it was made by the people who did Ecco and that it stars a humming bird instead of a dolphin and she asked me to set up the 32X for her.
lucky  :)


QuoteToday on my break I stopped by Safeway to pick up a few things and a guy recognized my PC Engine tattoo and complimented me on it. He said that he has a Coregrafx with CD-ROM and Arcade Card. I was in too much of a rush to chat him up, but maybe he's already a member here?
*waves at the safeway PC-Engine fan* 'cmon in, we don't bite... usually.

QuoteUsually people just call it a "Nintendo".
I hate that. My parents called my Nintendo an 'Atari' for ever, and when they finally started naming it properly, my brother got a playstation, which became a 'Nintendo'.  :x

nat

That's really funny, because when I was a kid and first got a TG-16 when it was brand new, I called it a "Nintendo" also. My mom would get so angry with me because she would keep correcting me "No honey, that's a TURBOGRAFX" and I would persist with the "Nintendo" nonsense. After a year or something I came to my senses.

Either way, it wasn't because I didn't know the difference (I was an NES kid before I had a TurboGrafx), it was because back in those days "Nintendo" was pretty much synonymous with "video game console."

esteban

I am still waiting for the day when someone asks me if I ever played TG-16 back in the day :).

Maybe the next wedding I attend...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SKUNKKEY

in cyprus when arcades were popular greek people would call all arcade games space after space invaders,up until streetfighter 2 that was space,i gues it was there name for videogames

WoodyXP

Quote from: SKUNKKEY on 07/02/2009, 09:20 PMin cyprus when arcades were popular greek people would call all arcade games space after space invaders,up until streetfighter 2 that was space,i gues it was there name for videogames
lol
"I bathe in AES carts."