Fucking compiler :((((

Started by touko, 11/30/2009, 09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touko

Hi all, i have an error of Bank overflow, offset > $1fff! when i make an iso with huc ..

Compilation is working for .pce rom .
I have made my own h-sync routine, and it appears that code is too large, if i comment some lines, compiling an iso is ok.
My h-sync is in assembly of course.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp please ...   ](*,)

Ps:must have to make a subroutine ???

TurboXray

Where did you put your custom routine? In library.asm?

touko

No, in a .h file !!

Is this important to write it in library.asm ???
I have make a mix with all your h-sync routine  :-"

It's my copper effect who's seems make problems,too many code ?? ..

But i don't understand,why when i'am creating a .pce it's allright, and error occur for iso .

TurboXray

Because there are switches internally to the lib. Certain things are enabled/disabled depending on the project you choose (SCD vs hucard).

I advise you to put as much as you can in library.asm. Use lib bank #1. Also, try to move/reconfigure some other non important stuff in lib bank #1 into lib bank #2. This'll free up more space in the lib bank for you. But you'll have to look at/figure out the far mapping system they use for lib bank #2 calls. It's not too difficult though.

You really have to know the system and layout of Magic kit and HuC, when you start adding asm routines like that. Because of all the banks and mapping, it's not as simple as just including some #asm code.

Nodt went through and remove a lot of stuff he didn't need. The problem is though, some of the stuff that might be extra space in a hucard project - won't be in a CD project (because the system card already has these functions). So removing some, might not even effect a CD project.

QuoteI have make a mix with all your h-sync routine
Hopefully not the old one. The old is not just slow, but bloated/large as well. And if you use my ACD routines, they'll also increase the size of the CD project.

If you're having troubles figuring some of this stuff out, I can help. But I'll need access to some of the source.

Also, the reason why I recommend lib bank #1, is that it's always mapped in place. When you do includes and such into HuC, you can't really rely on where it'll be. Something might change and it might be mapped into far memory, and possibly crash on calling it (depends on how you're doing this. I can only speculate your setup/code/etc).

touko

Oooh thanks , i have understood the half of your explanation (normal it's 10 PM in france  , and my bed is starting to call me :mrgreen:)

For source code, there is no problem , but in pm, because is à future/new projet (and sources are not very proper) ..
For h-sync routine, i have added it in huc compliant, with restore huc's default.

I haven't used your last routines, cause is too easy  8).

hcf

I don't know where your problem can be AT ALL, but I would like to make a little suggestion: are you compiling with the "-cd" option? Did you make an attempt compiling with the "-scd" option instead? I say that because it was a mistake that I was making when I started to program with HuC  :wink:

touko

Hi HCF  :P ..

My problem is not to make an iso  :wink:, but make an iso with mixing C and ASM ..
Apparently, without caution, this is not too easy, what i'am thinking ..

Thanks to try to help me  :wink:

hcf

Hehehe, touko... I was NOT meaning that you were a beginner with HuC  :wink:  In fact, I remember your wonderful Galaxian demo, and that cascade effect!!

I told that thing about the "-scd" option because in my beginnings I used the "-cd" option and I got a Bank overflow error too. You know: hucards, cds and super-cds have different memory managements, and I wanted to ensure that your error was not caused by that thing. In my example, compiling a ".pce" went correctly, compiling a super-cd went properly too, but compiling with the "-cd" option gave me that error, because I surpased that 8K limit and I had a bank overflow. Finding that "-scd" option was a great discovering for me  :D

Now that we have seen that this is not your problem, I will disappear. Tom is a much better person for giving you an advice about this  :wink:

By the way... that iso that you are creating... has anything to do with Galaxian? We would love to see that game released!!  =P~

touko

Quote from: hcf on 12/02/2009, 06:28 AMHehehe, touko... I was NOT meaning that you were a beginner with HuC  :wink:  In fact, I remember your wonderful Galaxian demo, and that cascade effect!!
Arf, you have missed my fire effect  :wink: ..

No my galaxian was just a proof of concept, i'am testing in this project all my skillz ..

My pseudo team an me, we are planing to make a commercial game, and is a SCD project.
For this, i'am mixing C an ASM, for make good stuffs on it.  :mrgreen:
For the moment, intro is near complete, and TOM tell me the soluce for resolving my problem.

Huc inline ASM,custom h-sync with SCD   support, make me crazy  ](*,)..

hcf

We will love to see your creation!!

By the way, some day you must explain us what is a "pseudo team"...   :mrgreen:

touko

Quote from: hcf on 12/02/2009, 11:18 AMWe will love to see your creation!!

By the way, some day you must explain us what is a "pseudo team"...   :mrgreen:
Arf is a mix with french and english lol.
To say, is not a real team  :wink:

hcf

QuoteArf is a mix with french and english lol.
To say, is not a real team  :wink:
Yes... in fact I did understand it (in Spanish the word "pseudo" also exists)... but I didn't undertand what were you meaning. Maybe a team of imaginary friends?  :mrgreen:

touko

Quote from: hcf on 12/03/2009, 03:38 AMYes... in fact I did understand it (in Spanish the word "pseudo" also exists)...
Hum, spanish , do you know a computer music composer ?? his name is victor vergara, knew as AWESOME ???

Quote from: hcf on 12/03/2009, 03:38 AMbut I didn't undertand what were you meaning. Maybe a team of imaginary friends?  :mrgreen:
Lol, no, this a real team, but we are 2 members only active on our game project  :cry:.

Irrarce09

obviously someone didnt read the rules...looks like your just here to start shit...have fun with that.

touko

????
[-(

What's the problem ???

NecroPhile

Quote from: touko on 12/28/2009, 05:49 AM????
[-(

What's the problem ???
No problem; ignore that stupid spam bot.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!