@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

iControlPad = Awesome, but OMINOUS CLOUDS lurk...

Started by esteban, 04/04/2010, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Sadly, I had not heard of "iControlPad" until reading about it recently on slashdot. Personally, I think it is a great idea.

The iControlPad (scroll down to see videos)

Unfortunately, it appears that all is not peachy... apparently, a patent for this concept was filed by Apple several months after iControlPad was announced:

"The inventors on Apple's patent application are listed as Brett Allen and Sanjay Gadkari. Gadkari appears to be a patent attorney employed by Apple."
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

looks like a gimpy attempt to be a PSP to me.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/04/2010, 09:51 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/04/2010, 08:21 PMlooks like a gimpy attempt to be a PSP to me.
...what?
it looks like they made the attachment in the attempts to allow you to use your iPhone to play games properly, yknow, like a PSP. :)

instead of with crapassery.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

I don't see how this is PSP-like in the slightest. Are you saying this because its black...or something.

It adds buttons and d-pad to the iPhone/Touch, which is the one significant thing that these would-be-great systems lack. Its about as PSP as it is Turbo Express.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 04/04/2010, 11:41 AMUnfortunately, it appears that all is not peachy... apparently, a patent for this concept was filed by Apple several months after iControlPad was announced:

"The inventors on Apple's patent application are listed as Brett Allen and Sanjay Gadkari. Gadkari appears to be a patent attorney employed by Apple."
I wouldn't think they'd grant a patent on something after someone else had already designed/made a similar product, but who knows?  Apple has deep enough pockets to crush almost anyone in their path.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/05/2010, 03:01 AMI don't see how this is PSP-like in the slightest. Are you saying this because its black...or something.

It adds buttons and d-pad to the iPhone/Touch, which is the one significant thing that these would-be-great systems lack. Its about as PSP as it is Turbo Express.
Indeed.  Perhaps Arkhan meant that it's a gimpy attempt to turn the iPhone/iPad into 'real' portable gaming system, but what's wrong with that?  The DS sucks in a lot of ways and is getting rather long in the tooth, so I'm all for the competition (Sony doesn't know what they're doing anymore (PSPgo), so they don't count).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guestI wouldn't think they'd grant a patent on something after someone else had already designed/made a similar product, but who knows?  Apple has deep enough pockets to crush almost anyone in their path.
I don't have any problem believing this. The US patent system is so incredibly broken that you wouldn't even have to bribe anyone. The government is like...I can't remember, something like 600,000 applications behind. We've got companies that make no products suing each other over patents of things that they aren't even going to make, people being granted patents for shit like replicators and time machines...its all fucked up. Everyone wants to be IBM or Atari and just get rich squatting on legal documents and lawsuits rather than actual products or innovation.

Mr. Lif should do a song about this...
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/05/2010, 11:39 AMIndeed.  Perhaps Arkhan meant that it's a gimpy attempt to turn the iPhone/iPad into 'real' portable gaming system, but what's wrong with that?  The DS sucks in a lot of ways and is getting rather long in the tooth, so I'm all for the competition (Sony doesn't know what they're doing anymore (PSPgo), so they don't count).
yeah, thats what I meant.

and the thing that I see wrong with it is mostly the fact that the games/"entertainment" titles for the iPhone in the store, are crap.  lol remember that chart with the statistics showing iPhone/iPod touch having way more entertainment titles than the DS or PSP?

:D

maybe when Falcom games start showing up in the store, i'll bite.